Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Laning Against Fiddle? As Vlad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AHostileUniverse

05-29-2011

Hey. I just lost miserably in a solo queue game as Vlad facing Fiddle in mid. I am a rather new Vlad player and therefore inexperienced, but I would consider this one of the hardest matchups I've had.

So, the question: How do you lane against Fiddle in mid as Vlad?

He far outranges me especially with his E, and heals faster with his W. His fear also puts a hamper on my "run in and Q then run back out" tactic, once I hit lvl 5-9. Please help.

Also, as a side note, how do you solo lane properly as Vlad against other champs who outrange you? An example I had a lot of touble with is Leblanc.

Tha Dynamite

05-29-2011

If you insist on soloing against Fiddlesticks as Vlad, its best that you just try to farm as much as you possibly can without thinking at all about harassing him.
Any champions without hard CC that cannot out-range him will die to his combo if you come in close.
You also can't pool out of his Drain.

Vlad just isn't a good champion to place against Fiddle.

For champions that out range you, again, try to get a lane switch. I don't quite get why you have trouble with LB though.

KiteNRun

05-29-2011

As a fiddle player, and having faced a few Vlads myself, I have a few pieces of advice for you.

The main thing you should do is be aggressive early on, because Fiddle doesn't have enough offensive capabilities for the first 5 levels (generally). His Crow wind has a long cooldown, his drain has a long cooldown and doesn't do much at level 1, and the fear only lasts 1 second.

The other thing you should focus on is doing your best to keep him either out of lane, or having to play passively. If you give him room, he has much more of an area to roam around in. Also, your sap/drain (not sure which button) is very effective against him.

Other than that, I would just be very careful about his positioning and you should be able to handle him fairly well.

AHostileUniverse

05-29-2011

Well, I didn't insist on laning against him, I was just the only one who could mid, because our teemo and kat NEEDED to take bot together. He was being extremely aggresive though. To the point of denying me experience. I understand what you're saying though. I suppose I just have to take less experience then him...

As for LeBlanc, she also played extremely aggresive, hitting hard whenever I got anywhere near the creeps. She also outranged me by far, even farther than fiddle.

Something Snazzy

05-29-2011

Fiddle is pretty much the anti vlad but there are a few things you can do if you have to lane against him.

Vlad is more of a carry than Fiddle is. Focus on farming instead of trying to harass him. Once you hit level 9, things won't be so bad. Just make sure not to feed and get some minion kills. Early merc treads help a lot. Also, call for ganks. Fiddle is particularly squishy and Vlad has no CC. A gank from someone with a stun will do wonders.

Tha Dynamite

05-29-2011

Vlad's only form of harassment is his Transfuse, which has almost the same cooldown as Fiddle's drain at early levels.
So I would HIGHLY suggest against trying to harass before level 7+, where your Transfuse has a lot lower cooldown.

AHostileUniverse

05-29-2011

Quote:
KiteNRun:
As a fiddle player, and having faced a few Vlads myself, I have a few pieces of advice for you.

The main thing you should do is be aggressive early on, because Fiddle doesn't have enough offensive capabilities for the first 5 levels (generally). His Crow wind has a long cooldown, his drain has a long cooldown and doesn't do much at level 1, and the fear only lasts 1 second.

The other thing you should focus on is doing your best to keep him either out of lane, or having to play passively. If you give him room, he has much more of an area to roam around in. Also, your sap/drain (not sure which button) is very effective against him.

Other than that, I would just be very careful about his positioning and you should be able to handle him fairly well.

The problem with that is that Vlad also has nearly no power until level 5. His Q is pitiful and has a long cooldown until about Rank 4.

Edit: Alright, so focus on farming until level 7+, playing very passively, unless calling for ganks. And I'm guessing only harass after that if fiddle comes after me? Because as I said, running in does not work with his fear. Anything else I should know? And any advice vs other long ranged midders?

KiteNRun

05-29-2011

Quote:
AHostileUniverse:
The problem with that is that Vlad also has nearly no power until level 5. His Q is pitiful and has a long cooldown until about Rank 4.

Ah, i've never played Vlad. I play fiddle all the time, and I rarely lose a lane to Vlad. But i've had some that have absolutely destroyed my ability to kill him within 8 minutes xD

Limerick

06-01-2011

Fiddle is extremely annoying. As an avid Vlad player, I have had plenty of experience 1v1'ing him.

Some advice:
1. Play defensively until level 7 or 9 - Use your Transfuse to last hit creeps if Fiddle is harassing you. Make him have to come over to your creep wave to attack you, therefore making him have to aggro them to attack you.
2. If he starts to life drain, run - You cannot out-damage or out-heal his drain early on, so don't try. Stay on the edge of his drain range and run the instant he starts draining. This will make him waste a drain and mana by not getting the full benefit of the heal. Also, DO NOT POOL when he drains you. Drain goes through Pool and you are left with even less HP at the end.
3. Avoid his fear - His fear is a proximity spell, so if he starts charging you, GTFO! They usually follow fear with life drain, and you will have to take the full drain if you get feared.
4. Pool his ult - Usually, Fiddles use it to pop out of bushes or over walls onto you. The second you hear those birds, your finger should be ready to press down on the W key.

At level 9, you should be able to cautiously harass with Transfuse. You will be doing quite a bit of damage to him at this point. Be wary though, he can still silence and fear you!

Hope this helps

AHostileUniverse

06-01-2011

That is great help. Thank you Linyx. =)