Official word on Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhitemageofDOOM

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Tran View Post
my stance was always its frowned upon. however it is not stated anywhere that you cannot do it. so what do you guys think? is it an unspoken rule or is it do whatever it takes to win.
Backdooring is allowed by the game rules, ergo it is legitimate tactic.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is a scrub.

What more needs to be said?

Ferg

03-22-2010

This game is about more then pure offense. If you're playing that way and someone manages to backdoor you then you're in trouble. Once people get strong enough to backdoor effectively you should have someone capable of defending or making sure as soon as you see someone backdoor you push extra hard to take advantage of the handicap the other team has given itself.

Backdooring works because people get so offensively minded when they're winning that they forget that defense is important too. Of course it's legit.

FOX AFifthCyborg

03-23-2010

It was frowned upon and bannable in DotA, however, in LoL, it is a viable solution, as you play to win, not waste time dithering over pointless rules.

TurkeyBaconSub

03-23-2010

You always must remember one thing...

Mundo will backdoor when he pleases.

Dranwin

03-23-2010

Lol i've seen a lot of these threads recently and the matter of fact is. WEKRJ!P@($*!@#!!!! Seriously enough! It's part of the game and if it is eventually deemed unfair or detrimental to play Riot will tweak things. However, as things stand, its completely legitimate and a great strategy in certain situations. Play to win. Nough said. Less QQ more Pew Pew.

skystream92

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofWolves View Post
It was frowned upon and bannable in DotA, however, in LoL, it is a viable solution, as you play to win, not waste time dithering over pointless rules.
It was frowned upon a LONG time ago, and only frowned upon now by a ton of bads. Backdooring is no longer viable in dota due to TP scrolls and other anti-backdooring mechanics (such as towers regening at a significant rate during a BD attempt and glyphing).

IMHO, Backdooring is a legit tactic, but far cheaper in LoL than it was previously in dota. In LoL, the towers are paper and do absolutely no damage. Especially now with the new TF who can rape towers in a few seconds, backdooring is highly abusable.

RHINO Mk II

03-23-2010

Official word on backdooring:
STOP STARTING THESE STUPID THREADS!

The search field is right above the support button, for your convenience.
This has been a public service announcement by RHINO_Mk.II

AdorableLady

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Tran View Post
Hello, so ive been playing for awhile and some friends of mine just started up. We were having a discussion about backdooring and how some people do it and others dont.

my stance was always its frowned upon. however it is not stated anywhere that you cannot do it. so what do you guys think? is it an unspoken rule or is it do whatever it takes to win.

a blue post would be awesome!

but what do you guys think?

back dooring cool or uncool?
**** dota **** COOL AND FUXOR THINKING LIKE THAT u have it done to u u rape them in the ass and teach them how to backdoor

Im god backdoor with new tf and panth GG me in game = them losing a base 100%

DarkenDragon

03-23-2010

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in, the whole term of backdooring came from dota where a hero was able to sneak around the creep waves and attack the towers directly with their ally minons no where near, this was frowned upon because there was no way to defend the tower unless you buy a teleport scroll or rushed over there quickly and usually thats not possible. especially if your across the map or your inventory was full, but this was still allowed in high level compeitive play, since you are expected to be defensive and offensive.

also in dota there wasnt any scalling of the towers as the heros get better, in LoL the towers can be protected. 1. the tower will gain a stronger attack as it hits a champion, I think upto twice it's damage. and 2. there is a summoner spell thats available to every one regardless of what champion they have that makes all towers immune for a set amount of time and also increases it's attack speed, which could effectivly ruin any chance of a back door.

also if a champion is strong enough to take on a tower head on then the game is clearly near its end anyways and your just delaying the inevitable, the towers in LoL are no push overs, they are strong and takes a bit of effort to take them down, its not an easy feat to do.

This game is a team game, and if your gonna complain that you have to sacrafice a summoner spell just to get a skill that you dont even know you will need, then thats your own problem and shows your not much of a team player, your own personal kill score shouldnt matter much as long as the game is won.

gun fu panda

03-23-2010

Never understood people whining about backdooring. It's probably the same crowd who thought it was a good idea to stand in lines and shoot at each other with rifles. If you commit all your resources to a team push, then you leave yourself open for someone to strike at your base. That's RTS 101.