Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Official word on Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autobot Tran

03-22-2010

Hello, so ive been playing for awhile and some friends of mine just started up. We were having a discussion about backdooring and how some people do it and others dont.

my stance was always its frowned upon. however it is not stated anywhere that you cannot do it. so what do you guys think? is it an unspoken rule or is it do whatever it takes to win.

a blue post would be awesome!

but what do you guys think?

back dooring cool or uncool?

chiongster

03-22-2010

There is nothing wrong with back dooring. I just hate it when people do that to our team. =/

Crimson Binome

03-22-2010

I don't think it matters if you're getting back doored you're fighting 5v4 you should win and be able to take out atleast 2 turrets, I mean with 4 of the other teams guys down you should be able to get an inhib down.(maybe 2 depending on how long the game has gone)

Of course if your 5 people can't kill 4 people and get killed in the process I mean really /surrender

HolyAvatar

03-22-2010

Imo, backdooring is extremely effective in Lol because you don't have TPs. Yes you have blue pill but it's long and is easily interupted.
You'd have to chose teleport as a spell and its timer is still quite long.

I don't have an opinion on it as I like it when my team does it and pissed if the other does.

Edit: about the above post you're not necessarly pushing when it's done to you and 4 people with a tower can stale another team, especially if they have good tanks/heal.

Roflcoptr

Recruiter

03-22-2010

First define backdooring, a lot or people have different definitions of it.

Backdooring:
(a) Destroying a tower without minions and the enemies aren't near their base
(b) Destroying a tower without minions and the enemies are near their base
(c) Destroying a tower with minions and the enemies aren't near their base
(d) Destroying a tower with minions and the enemies are near their base
(e) variation of one of the following

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Quote:
Imo, backdooring is extremely effective in Lol because you don't have TPs. Yes you have blue pill but it's long and is easily interupted.
You'd have to chose teleport as a spell and its timer is still quite long.

I don't have an opinion on it as I like it when my team does it and pissed if the other does

or you could play TF who has a 1 second gate, with a cooldown (with cooldown reduction) that's about a minute long
allowing you to both backdoor and stop backdooring

or grab fortify to prevent it while blue pilling

HolyAvatar

03-22-2010

So you'd restrict yourself to one hero against backdooring?
Fortify is a good idea to have in general but as soon as you see someone coming after fortify or not you can just blue pill and get a 5v4 fight or just know that now the spell is on cd (if it wasn't before).

Rabidsheep

03-22-2010

Backdooring is hitting an inhibitor or nexus with it's turrets down while the team attempts to push. I believe it is perfectly legit, if they have lost that many turrets then this is another weakness they must cope with.

Rezialn

03-22-2010

Don't make up artificial rules to play by. Play to win.

YetiPrincessx3

03-22-2010

Backdooring is when you attack a turret or nexus or inhibitor, whatever.
without creeps. That's not to say you need to wait for creeps.

if they have creeps farther down the lane. it's backdooring.

And it should be frowned upon.
for sure.