Karthus Build Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SolAnchovy

03-23-2010

Just did a whole lotta math and excel fun to come up with this list based on three areas of focus when buying items:

Magic Penetration
Cooldown Reduction
+AP

This isn't taking any other item stats into consideration, so overall survivability may be sacrificed to dish out the maximum damage possible. Naturally, you can build your runes/mastery with those stats in mind, taking priority as above.

While RoA is a great item - it does not provide the most cost efficient boosts in the three areas for increasing max damage.

Magic Penetration is best early game as it makes more of an impact in total damage done the lower your opponent's magic resist, however it is important to get Mejai's ASAP so that you can start building stacks. This build caps out at 40% cooldown reduction. Zhonya and Deathfire are interchangable - if you have someone taking soul shroud, you can go for Zhonyas and ignore Deathfire.

Mejai's SS
Sorcs Shoes
Haunting Guise
Void Staff
Zhonya's Ring
Deathfire Grasp

Remember that all item builds are subject to knowing what you're up against. These are not the BEST items overall, but rather the most cost efficient for the three stats we're working on boosting for overall damage output. This takes no consideration for defense, so take caution.

I hope this helps. I'm going to test it out and report on my progress.

Thanks,
Venae

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SolAnchovy

03-23-2010

I forgot to mention that Elixir of Brilliance goes a long way - get one now and then for boosts to cooldown and AP. For every 10% of cooldown, you can boost your damage by that much. Without AP into consideration, a 10% cooldown reduction is +55 damage with a maxed out Requiem! Are my numbers right? Anyway... elixirs are temporary, but make up for it by being very cost efficient while they are active. If anything, you can spend the money you'd normally spend on Zhonya's and Deathfire on elixirs.