Rumble Help Please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Sneakyy

07-12-2011

Hey guys I've been doing decent with Rumble lately so please don't automatically say, "L2p Champs narb." Because that just isn't true. What I am wanting to know is your guys opinions on builds, and runes for Rumble. At the moment for runes I use Magic Pen. Marks, Armor
Seals, Magic Resist Glyphs, AP Quints (btw I'm only lvl 15). As for my build I start off with boots of speed and 3 health potions, then I build Merc Treds and Rylais, then I get Abyssal Scepter, sunfire cape, then Rabadons(Note: I may get void staff depending on how tanky the opponents are). This has been working fine but I'm having some trouble dishing out damage and I'd like some feedback, thank you for reading my thread.

EatMoreChikin

07-12-2011

I normally run Mpen reds, AP yellow, CDR blue, AP Quints. It's what works for me.

As far as item build, I start with a Doran's Shield to sustain my lane. My end item build often looks like so: Sorc Shoes, Mejai's, Rylai's, Rabaddon's, Void/Abyssal (depending on enemy MR) with one filler items.

I have no particular order of purchase early game, it all depends on how my farm/feed is going. Most often, I grab my Mejai's then level 1 boots. After, I'll work for my Large Rod or Rylai's, depending on my farm and such. Need HPs more than the AP? I'll get my belt for Rylai's. Having no HP issues in my lane? I'll pickup Large Rod, then work on Rylai's.

I play Rumble very aggressively, so my kills/assists always warrant the Mejai's. Getting more experience with Rumble will help you learn when you can stay and fight, and when it is time to B to safety. Often enough, I'm close to 8 kills in the first 15 minutes, and well through my item build.

Mr Sneakyy

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMoreChikin View Post
I normally run Mpen reds, AP yellow, CDR blue, AP Quints. It's what works for me.

As far as item build, I start with a Doran's Shield to sustain my lane. My end item build often looks like so: Sorc Shoes, Mejai's, Rylai's, Rabaddon's, Void/Abyssal (depending on enemy MR) with one filler items.

I have no particular order of purchase early game, it all depends on how my farm/feed is going. Most often, I grab my Mejai's then level 1 boots. After, I'll work for my Large Rod or Rylai's, depending on my farm and such. Need HPs more than the AP? I'll get my belt for Rylai's. Having no HP issues in my lane? I'll pickup Large Rod, then work on Rylai's.

I play Rumble very aggressively, so my kills/assists always warrant the Mejai's. Getting more experience with Rumble will help you learn when you can stay and fight, and when it is time to B to safety. Often enough, I'm close to 8 kills in the first 15 minutes, and well through my item build.
Thanks for the post and yeah I understand what you're saying, but I'm good with Rumble I'm going like 12-4, 8-2, etc on losing side I just am kind of disappointed in the flamespitter.

EatMoreChikin

07-12-2011

Well, remember very few AP champs are going to carry a game after 35-40 minutes. There are some who can, but IMO Rumble is not one of them. Whenever I play an AP I push for the demoralized surrender as early as possible, because the damage does become less in the end for a Rumble champ.

This is based on my observations with him through long games. I can understand the disappointment with the flamespitter, but I can also say that power right there is what gives Rumble his biggest advantage early game: deceptively strong damage. Though they lessened the lower ranks of the power, it still can get the job done quite well early.

Lizto

07-12-2011

Rumble is a tanky DPS mage, his ratios are actually very good as long as you can stay in the battle long enough. Your trouble dishing out damage may look as such because rumble doesnt have burst, but in terms of damage per second you deal during a fight, it is very high.

Anyway, the item I suggest you to rush on rumble is Rylais scepter, that item is your CORE, merc treds and rylais, the rest is up to you, but those two are must have. Rumble has extremely low cooldowns. With rylais you can be like the magic ashe, being able to perma slow people with ease. Using your E to slow them tons, so that you can get in range for your Q and slow them with it, after Q is all out, and cooling down, you go back to your E, and then back to Q.

Other nice items are rabadons, abyssal, zhonyas, sunfire cape.