Currently waiting for que dodge timer to run out after 2 afks in a row in que.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

White Rock

03-22-2010

This is annoying.

Hey riot, at the very least, add a check for players are afk and if they are kick them out of the queue and give THEM the penalty. That way, no one ends up in a game with someone thats really afk (and since they are gone they wont probably even notice the penalty right, that is if they are really AFK) AND we stop this stupid behavior of pepole trying to pretend to be afk too make someone else dodge so they don't have too which often leads to que dodging happening the last seconds before the game start (which is tons more annoying then the old system IMO) and is very hard to... counter, since there is the legitimate risk of him acually being afk and you having an AFK tryndemere with wrong runes and spells for 4-7 minutes.

Also just wanted to state that there are tons of legitimate reasons to queue dodge including:
A player announcing they are gonna do AP sivir or DPS zilean.
Bad champions (hiemer, gragas? Yes it legitimate, if champions were balanced good it wouldn't be no)
Bad team setups (like 3x melee dps or 2 stealth characters, or maybe even 5x squishy DPS)

And off course afks which there is still no check/fix for.

Well seems like my timer finally ran out. Here goes.

skwca

03-22-2010

Just remember your in the same ELO as they are, so q dodge away your just going to run into them or others like them again. Or you could just play and try and win a few here and there but im guessing thats to much work for you. after all its just a game dude and not even ranked play.

Have fun and try some weird build yourself then. no harm no foul.

White Rock

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwca View Post
Just remember your in the same ELO as they are, so q dodge away your just going to run into them or others like them again. Or you could just play and try and win a few here and there but im guessing thats to much work for you. after all its just a game dude and not even ranked play.

Have fun and try some weird build yourself then. no harm no foul.
Oh sorry it seems like i didn't make myself clear. What i said was i ran into 2 persons (diffrent) being or pretending to be afk at CHAMPION select and i had to wait a lot of time because of them. And i dont think anyone wants to play with people who are missing out the entire early game.

And sure its just a game but it's supposed to be a fairly even chance of winning you know, otherwise no one would be even trying to win. I'm all for playing around with weird gimmicky **** in games that don't take 30-45 minutes to play and where i can quit at any time.