Solo Queue Frustrations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agnostic Priest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

I feel as though I get punished for solo queuing. I don't think of myself as an amazing player, but I'm pretty good for a casual. I main Karthus, and rarely do I ever do worse than a 2:1 ratio. The teams I go up against are equal to, and more often better then I am, which isn't the problem. It's the people I am teamed with.

I will use my last game for an example. I get teamed with a 2man premade and 2 other solo's. We go up against the same setup. The opposing 2man team ended up smoking us, it was evident they were high above us in skill rating. As for theirsolo's, I felt pretty on par with them. The 2man I am teamed with are just awful, I think by the end they had a combined total of 2 kills and 13 deaths. The solo's on my team were also terrible, maybe a combined 5-20 Kills-deaths. We lost in 25 minutes, giving no challenge to the opposite team. I was 6-3-2 btw.

Now, that happening every once and a while sucks, but would be tolerable. But this happens so much its ridiculous. I played 3 games this morning, the first one was a close game, then I was joined up with 2 terrible premades in a row and got steamrolled both games. This is how it goes for me, either I get a close game, or it is a landslide loss.

I am level 29, 112-90-2. My Karthus stats are 41-41, 670 kills, 303 deaths, 596 assists. Can I get some sort of reasoning as to why I get teamed with such bad people?

Necrax

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Priest View Post
I get teamed with a 2man premade
that's the problem.

noskill5

03-22-2010

I find a lot of 2-3 man premades are bumped high above their skill level.

YallaYalla

03-22-2010

im always queuedodging if i find out that 2 or 3 of us are premade in champion select.
they always suck or atleast one of them.

Vyain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

I know how you feel. 2 weeks ago i had about 50 more wins than losses. (i was around 190-140) Now, im currently sitting at 220-212. 90% of the games i play i have a positive k/d ratio and half the games i play i have a 3/1 k/d ratio, so i know its not my fault for the loss most of the time.

I try to help people out by giving advice and i try not to rage at some kids (hard to do at times). Now, because ive lost so many games recently, i know my ELO has dropped into a lower bracket and it seems i am playing with kids who have no idea whats going on. If anyone cares to look at my recent history, i have 3 defeats in my last 12 games where i had a 4/1 k/d ratio. How can i do any better?

Very frustrating because i feel that i am playing with people that are way below my skill level, but i just cannot seem to get out of the ELO bracket because there is always that one kid on my team that cant do better than 1-12.

AutoSponge

03-22-2010

MM seems to go through some sort of sum or average of rankings when forming team rank. If you have a better record you may get matched with a "suck" team to balance it out and create a equitable (at least on paper) match between two teams.

But sometimes, you just run into bad games, bad match-ups, or some pro's smurf account and you blame MM. Sometimes it's MM--clearly. Just be careful of always blaming MM for a loss.

JeanLucPicowned

03-22-2010

yea i think the one problem that seems to exist, that i've seen, is the idea of having equal amounts of 'bad' players on each time. that might mean low level, that might mean bad win/loss ratio, bad history, whatever. but honestly that just doesnt make sense. bad people should play together and over time the ones who are better get better and the ones who dont keep fighting equally skilled opponents.

there's no way for a computer to judge if a player is 'bad' so i often see things like: both teams have an extremely low level player - level 1-5 - who have 50/50 win/loss and one player goes 1-2 and the other goes 0-14. i'm a low level myself, (16), and i havent played 100 games yet, which by then maybe i could start judging myself as bad or good.

people with the same level should play together, its that simple. once you get high level is the only time your ratio really comes into effect.

railspider

03-22-2010

Exactly same thing happens to me bro, 2 out of 3 games.

I'd quit solo queueing, but my regular premakes have all quit til Season 1, so I'm stuck in a hell of bad Riot MM.

TSP Cinnabar

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSponge View Post
MM seems to go through some sort of sum or average of rankings when forming team rank. If you have a better record you may get matched with a "suck" team to balance it out and create a equitable (at least on paper) match between two teams.
That's exactly how it seems and it poses an even bigger inherent problem for the better players that don't play hard carries. It makes playing tanks or support virtually useless in solo queue.

Agnostic Priest

03-22-2010

Any chance of getting a riot reply here?

I think this game is awesome, but it is so frustrating with the MM. How is it fair for me to be teamed with people that are so below my skill level? Combine that with being against people above my skill level, that creates such a gap that is almost impossible to defeat. How will I improve my game against those odds?

There is no way that my ELO can be anywhere near my teammates some games. I would just like to play alongside people of my own skill level, that would be fun. I am starting to not have fun anymore which is really disappointing. Do I have to group queue in order to have fun with a fair match? Again, this wouldn't be an issue if it was once every handful of games, but it happens way too often.