Ashe vs. Annie. Need Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

White Rock

03-23-2010

As an Annie player, here is my tips.

Hit me when my stun counter i low, hit me when i just used a spell to farm, stay away once i hit 6, look at my mana bar for an idea of how much damage i can do, kill my squishy ass. I can either get mana with a single health potion or AP, so i never have a chance to regen much. Just harras me but don't get stunned. Play passive agressive and you'll win. Never let her get an opertunity to gank.

Annie's a terrible farmer so if you just get ahead in creep kills and not get ganked you already have the advantage.

roninsm

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyFiesta View Post
I main trist and good annies are my only "real" consistent problem mid. I usually start with a vamp scepter which helps me be aggressive early and continue to harass her but as soon as she hits 6 i always seem to die to flash + tibbers combo. I know its off topic but if anyone has a suggestion id like to hear it.
Start doran's shield instead of vamp scepter. The problem with vamp scepter is that it forces you to attack creeps to regen health, so you push the lane to the other tower. When this happens, you have much farther to run to get away from annie. A passive regen + HP item allows you to sit back more. Hit each creep only once, and the lane will stay pushed towards your tower more, and you'll be much safer.

RHINO Mk II

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveTruth View Post
So, i've been playing ashe heavily, and I seem to do well against everyone i've come up against but the only person that really gives me a challenge.

Infact, the only person that can clearly kill me is Annie.

Once she hits lvl 6. she just flashes in and does her combo, instantly bringing me from like 80% health to dead in 2 seconds.

Anybody have any tips for fighting annie?

My starting item as boots + 3 health pots.

I run, armor pen, Mana regen, and CDR for the respective colors, and armor pen for Quints.

Is tower hugging the only alternative once she hits 6?
Play kassadin.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-23-2010

Couple of other things I didn't see mentioned here.

1. Cleanse. Not quite as useful for a carry champion, but early on, especially since annie usually opens up with her stun combo, this allows you to avoid the entire 1-2-3 punch. Although a good annie can still drop incinerate to 5 charge and then stun as a second hit, so it's not a guarunteed out.

2. Positioning. Especially if you're getting boots, stay out of her range. You're not going to be able to harass as effectively, but especially since the range and cooldown time for flash was nerfed, keeping on your toes about your distance, when you use volley and keeping an eye out on her stun charge buildup go a long way towards survival.

Some heroes are just more natural counters to their lane opponents. The biggest thing is probably just adapting your playstyle to a more defensive role. One important thing to remember about Annie is that incinerate doesn't use mana to last hit. So the general playstyle of most Annies is last hit with incinerate until stun builds up, then stun opponent, rinse, repeat.

If you can stay out of range of her stun, one of two things will happen. She'll stop last hitting so easily and instead keep trying to maneuver to stun you while you clean up with volley. Or she'll waste her stun on a creep giving you 5 casts to get in her face without fear.

Chingmeister

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
3x Doran's sword? Please tell me that's a troll. Firstly, the sword is the worst of the doran's items. It requires you to attack creeps constantly to get any benefit at all from the lifesteal, which pushes the lane, which makes it easier for annie to kill you. Lifesteal is not the solution to laning problems. Flat HP or HP/5 is far better. Plus the fact that you just set yourself back 1200 or so gold, which is 2/3 of the BF sword that ashe so desperately needs to do any damage.
Yes, the Doran's Swords are free, as the amount of lifestealing and damage they provide allow you to clear a few dozen sets of golems/wolves/wraiths between pulls. Each wave is 50-120 gold. Actually I take that back, they actually make you gold regardless on whether or not you end up selling them back.

Basically it gives you the fastest and safest way to start hitting up the extra minions for gold.

It gives you 360 hp to live through Annie's stun and lifesteal to get hp back.

It gives you another 80 hp or so because the nuetral minions level you up one level over Annie.

They are free....

In contrast, a Doran's shield, boots, and hp crystal (alternative suggestion) suck wind for farming middle and then nuetral mobs. They are not free, do not repay their value, suck for ganking, and do not provide as much HP or HP regen.

The whole purpose of 3x Doran's is to push your lane so you have time to clear a nuetral spawn.

The BF sword is useless if Annie instagibs you. You also have 6 open slots. I have something like a 90% win record in middle as Sivir my last 20 games. I start with 3 Doran's Swords, boots, Aegis, Starks. I haven't been ganked in middle in the last 20+ games. The extra level advantage combined with lifestealing, damage, free gold for an Aegis from side minions, and hp just makes you ungankable.

NekkiSivir and why it works: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=78824

Spoing

03-24-2010

Cataclyst is pretty awesome. It gives mana (arrows cost quite some) HP (vs burst and less squissy) and a niec lvlup bonus. And banshee is always good. As it blocks any nasty opener like unstoppable force and tibbers stun.

Get shield+pot as first item is probably the best. The sword gives a tiny amount of lifesteal (vamp specter barely gives enough for regen early game, 4% is even worse) and the damage is okay. The ring doesn't give any health regeneration. So go shield as the others are worse.

Stay close to the tower at lvl 5. Then at lvl 6 she cant kill you to easy and if she tries to dive you, you can try to stun her in tower range and pray she dies.

For the kills before lvl 6 you can flash to dodge her stun-disintergrate.

As long as she is 60% hp and you are near the tower yuo can generaly survive it.

DA

03-24-2010

Boots as a first item will getting you heavily shunned by the higher skilled typically. lol.

Also, if you refuse to tweak your build and item order based on your opponents, then expect to continute to have issues.

Your only other choice is to swap lanes with, hopefully, someone who can take on annie better. Now you are depriving your team of a leveld up Ashe, but hey... you are limiting options here.

Valenroth

03-24-2010

I'm a fellow Ashe player and I rarely have issues with Annie players unless I become too greedy which is my own stupidity.

Firstly, summoner spells. As Ashe, I like to choose Ghost/Cleanse. Both are these are truly excellent and fit each other like custom-made gloves. Whenever you feel Annie is about to flash in and begin that lame combo, pop your cleanse, then ghost out of need be. Ghost will also get rid of your need for boots as your first item which, honestly, is a really crappy choice.

Secondly, again, get rid of the boots. I'd build a mana crystal and get some HP potions if playing mid. You want to turn that crystal into a Catalyst ASAP. As many have stated, Catalyst is an amazing item on Ashe and will keep you in lane longer than your opponents. As aforementioned, it'll give you a substantial 'refresh', as I'd like to call it, upon each level. If playing mid, you'll be leveling fast and killing lots of creeps, spamming volley, etc. You can see why this would be invaluable.

Finally, watch your opponent Annie's movement patterns. Most Annie's will stay behind their waves of creeps as to avoid being sniped by your volley. If and when you see her emerge or break from her creeps, begin to backpedal a bit, she may be trying to set a combo up. Continue to harass her with your volley and if it's up, ghost+frost shot her 'til she begins to flee and come back at you. If she does flash toward you, pop cleanse, ghost should be up so you'll be able to escape.

Just my two cents.

Robronie

03-24-2010

1. Get a gank on her
2. Swap with someone who has more survivability against annie (soraka, chogath to name a couple, although many champions may find it difficult nevertheless)
3. Get someone else in your lane and just double team her until she at the very least blue pills

DayDemonz

03-24-2010

Whenever she tries to attack you, run and use volley