Ashe vs. Annie. Need Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seventhletters

03-22-2010

i would strongly strongly reccomend not getting boots to start off with. like the guy above said it doesnt help you at all. also what item are you getting with catalyst? im guessing banshees inwhich case not the best starter item to get you snowballing towards the carry. BC is the bomb for ashe, if you last hit like a pro its nice to rush, but thats just me.

roninsm

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
If you are facing stealthers anywhere on the opposing team, or bursters in middle, try start with a Doran's Sword.

Then go Dorans Sword #2, and then Dorans Sword #3, then Mercury boots and continue on. A full set of yellow hp@18 runes helps as well. An Aegis after boots isn't too bad either, someone on your team will need one. It still leaves you with an open slot for that 4k gold IE.

A whole set of blue mana regen@18 runes helps with kiting with multishot spammage.

When you hit 6 immediately ult Annie to hurt her and then run behind your tower and recall to buy new items.

Annie will be low enough she will have to go buy as well. When you both come back you will have more then enough hp to live through a fuzzy wuzzy ol bear.
3x Doran's sword? Please tell me that's a troll. Firstly, the sword is the worst of the doran's items. It requires you to attack creeps constantly to get any benefit at all from the lifesteal, which pushes the lane, which makes it easier for annie to kill you. Lifesteal is not the solution to laning problems. Flat HP or HP/5 is far better. Plus the fact that you just set yourself back 1200 or so gold, which is 2/3 of the BF sword that ashe so desperately needs to do any damage.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Fire > Ice

Annie has an awful auto attack. All she does is burst. Unfortunately, that burst will kill a squishie like you very, very quickly.

blackjackz

03-22-2010

you are equally par with annie after reaching lv 6

you gotta count.

Annie's have stun every 5 spell cast, harras her before she has stun, make sure you have enough mana for your ult.

when she got a stun, she would attempt to come for you, if she has 50 to 60% of hp left, good sign. as she approach, ult > flash (flash towards her) > volley > ignite, turn on your snow arrow in case she is not dead, but she should be dead.

Another way is to ambush her, make her spent her stun on something, then ult her, volley, snow arrow, ,ignite and auto attack, if she runs, flash to her running direction, if she stay, keep auto attacking her, you should win (and in low hp) unless you have low damage.

without ult dun try to approach her alone unless you got banshee veil, and this is not an early game item for ashe. after lv 8 it's usually team fight time anyway, so you just have to bare with her for 2 lvs, and you have a few chance to kill her.

dun go for shoe to start, it will get you kill. Doran anything is way better, ashe have low hp to start with(lv 1 400+, lv 6 800+) having extra 120 hp makes lots of difference. and not getting 3 of them plz.

Hugenaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Don't fall for offensive Annie flash+stun and your fine. As an Annie player, you should be able to out-harass me at start due to range. I sometimes have to use all my abilities on minions just to not get pushed back by volley kills of my minions against good ashe players.

Phi Trigger

03-22-2010

Annie is one of the most potent heros in mid. Here are my suggestions:

1. Lose the boots. You are a ranged hero, you don't need boots first. Replace that with either a meki for spell spamming, if you like that path, or a doran item of your choice (doran's ring is actually quite nice on ashe as a sub for meki). Doran item will give you 120 hp which goes a long ways towards not dying to an outright nuke.

2. Go for volley/plenty build. There's not much point in getting frost arrow against annie - you won't want to be aggressive. The extra gold can mean you can get more hp when you return to base pre level 6.

3. As others have said, ask for a gank. If she's scared of a gank she might not be able to pressure your hp down enough to do her nuke combo.

4. Go gank yourself at level 5. If you aren't in the lane, she can't kill you as easily! You could return to mid later with friends.

5. As other have said, get the hp stone. It can turn into a heart of gold or a catalyst, depending on the team makeup of the other team. Since they have an annie, chances are the catalyst is probably a better option, turning to a banshee later on.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezialn View Post
Fire > Ice

Annie has an awful auto attack. All she does is burst. Unfortunately, that burst will kill a squishie like you very, very quickly.

Her auto attack maybe slow, but it is also the highest ranged auto attack in the game. A good Annie should have the edge over you in the middle. Utilise your frost shot though, if she pushes too much she won't be able to escape your slows. A Chalice will be good for you, the mana + MR.

Youtheart

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
If you are facing stealthers anywhere on the opposing team, or bursters in middle, try start with a Doran's Sword.

Then go Dorans Sword #2, and then Dorans Sword #3, then Mercury boots and continue on. A full set of yellow hp@18 runes helps as well. An Aegis after boots isn't too bad either, someone on your team will need one. It still leaves you with an open slot for that 4k gold IE.

A whole set of blue mana regen@18 runes helps with kiting with multishot spammage
Wat.

to OP:

As a great Ashe player... I have the same problem with a skilled Annie... all I can suggest is get that Ruby on your first shopping trip... and tower hug, only go for last-hits. Heal/Rally/Flash could also save you.

BloodyFiesta

03-23-2010

I main trist and good annies are my only "real" consistent problem mid. I usually start with a vamp scepter which helps me be aggressive early and continue to harass her but as soon as she hits 6 i always seem to die to flash + tibbers combo. I know its off topic but if anyone has a suggestion id like to hear it.

Souchie

03-23-2010

Option A: Get a team mate or two to gank her.
Option B: Switch with someone who is stronger vs annie.. no point in feeding her. Heimer, Nidalee, Sion, dr mundo will do well.

Heimer will have a easy time keeping annie from getting a kill.
Nidalee's heal early game is rather powerful she shouldn't much of a problem keeping the lane.
Sion & dr mundo.. she won't stand a chance.