Ashe vs. Annie. Need Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObjectiveTruth

03-22-2010

So, i've been playing ashe heavily, and I seem to do well against everyone i've come up against but the only person that really gives me a challenge.

Infact, the only person that can clearly kill me is Annie.

Once she hits lvl 6. she just flashes in and does her combo, instantly bringing me from like 80% health to dead in 2 seconds.

Anybody have any tips for fighting annie?

My starting item as boots + 3 health pots.

I run, armor pen, Mana regen, and CDR for the respective colors, and armor pen for Quints.

Is tower hugging the only alternative once she hits 6?

kkthxbai

03-22-2010

annie is always a tough middle.. just because of her gay ass nukes, which can really hurt a squishy ashe..

there is a few alternatives to beating her. Either get 6 before she does, maybe help a teammate farm golems to gain a touch of extra xp. Or get xp runes like i do ^^

but i find good annies can take you down lvl 5, if they spam spells with mana regen. So the best thing i reckn is to spam back, ashe has a lower cd and higher range on her volley, use that to your adv. Try getting mana regen, keeping backing when annie approaches past creeps, and spam as much as you can from with your range.

OTher alternative... is to constantly spam her at lvl 1, 2 ish, with ur crits.. get her to waste her hp regen, and try and force her to make a lvl 4 retreat.. but that would be hard..

my second suggestion is your best bet mate.

Jdeezy

03-22-2010

I've had difficulties with that as well. Especially when a decent annie has flash (pretty easy to get a big combo with it). Pretty much try to play alot more defensively and keep a sharp eye out for how many stacks she has.

If it's 4-5 I back off a little more than i would normally. Also having flash yourself could be a lifesaver given your fast. So pretty much common sense stuff you most likely knew :|.

Ultimately, call for a gank or switch lanes at 6. That's probably the best bet (other than having cleanse).

edit: The other guy had a good point too - your range is longer .. so if you know your going against an annie you could pick up a meki first and spam that ho. -> flash in at 6 after shes low and you ult her. (Golem would also help immensely).

roninsm

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveTruth View Post
My starting item as boots + 3 health pots.
This is your problem. Boots do nothing to help you lane. Try starting a doran's shield or something similar.

Rallos

03-22-2010

Ashe vs Exhaust/Ignite + Blink Annie = you can not win after she gets lvl6.
Nothing you can do exept ask for help to gank her.

Its best to switch lane, she just counters squishy heroes perfectly.

I went a 0/9/2 as ashe in top lane with Blink/Exhaust Annie + Blink/Ignite Scion.
Some match-ups you just cant win (even with cleanse).

Whitemage82

03-22-2010

Build catalyst before she hits 6. At least go back for the HP crystal before at least if you can get the cash.

Catalyst on Ashe is amazing for survival and turns into a veil later which will only make Annie cry a little more.

ObjectiveTruth

03-22-2010

Good to hear i'm not the only one with annie problem.

Though strangely i never thought of calling for a gank and also I always get catalyst on my ashe, so i think i'll try grabbing the ruby before lvl 6 that way i can survive. then I'll just go ganking instead of laning.

since she's not a good tower pushes she will have to start roaming when she sees i'm no longer in mid.

Good idea guys, thanks.

Also, to Ronism.

I find boots +3 health pots to be the only way to play ashe.

I can destroy anybody sincei just harass them to death. You can position your volley perfectly instead of wasting it on creeps. and your range is just amazing with boots at lvl 1-6.

I also use cleanse and ghost

roninsm

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveTruth View Post
Good to hear i'm not the only one with annie problem.

Though strangely i never thought of calling for a gank and also I always get catalyst on my ashe, so i think i'll try grabbing the ruby before lvl 6 that way i can survive. then I'll just go ganking instead of laning.

since she's not a good tower pushes she will have to start roaming when she sees i'm no longer in mid.

Good idea guys, thanks.

Also, to Ronism.

I find boots +3 health pots to be the only way to play ashe.

I can destroy anybody sincei just harass them to death. You can position your volley perfectly instead of wasting it on creeps. and your range is just amazing with boots at lvl 1-6.

I also use cleanse and ghost

ok, feel free to keep dying to annie then.

Tenderballz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

As a regular Annie player who usually gets mid, I find that Ashe would out-harrass me before lvl 6. Once both are ults are ready, it becomes a dance of who can stun-nuke-kill the other first.

Countering Annie is simple. As mentioned in the posts above, make use of your superior range and keep back. Get those last hits and once annie clears out the last of your minions in that wave or gets too close to the tower, shoot that mega arrow and end her.

Annie needs to get real close to unleash tibbers so just keep that distance and harrass her constantly so she doesnt have enough hp to risk a frontal attack.

oh...you seriously MUST change your starting items. Never ever get boots as first item, regardless of champ used. it really doesnt help laning. I've seen good ashe's start with a meki (and become a harrassment queen) or some lifesteal (with ashe's range, she can recoup any lost hp with no prob).

Chingmeister

03-22-2010

If you are facing stealthers anywhere on the opposing team, or bursters in middle, try start with a Doran's Sword.

Then go Dorans Sword #2, and then Dorans Sword #3, then Mercury boots and continue on. A full set of yellow hp@18 runes helps as well. An Aegis after boots isn't too bad either, someone on your team will need one. It still leaves you with an open slot for that 4k gold IE.

A whole set of blue mana regen@18 runes helps with kiting with multishot spammage.

When you hit 6 immediately ult Annie to hurt her and then run behind your tower and recall to buy new items.

Annie will be low enough she will have to go buy as well. When you both come back you will have more then enough hp to live through a fuzzy wuzzy ol bear.