Self incrimination reason for punish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

Is self incrimination reason enough to punish? I mean if someone is 3/8/5 and is reported for feeding, that isn't really that terrible of a score. But if they say at some point Ima feed now, is that reason enough to hit punish for you?

Or do you just skip that game and move on seeing if the other games warrant punishment?

Kisata

05-29-2011

For me, it's an auto-punish if something along these lines is said.

"I'ma feed now."
"i'm out. cya" *quits*
"our (player2) is doing blue go kill him!"
"f*** this, afk now."

expecially if the above is used with...

"i don't care about reports / reports do nothing"

You're basically admitting you're an ass who is ruining games for other people intentionally, and you're intending to do it again at some point in the future. Don't play the game if you can't handle having some bad games, even if at first it is no fault of your own. That's how these types of games work.

tl;dr: Yes.

DeusExLamina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

I nearly pardoned someone just because he seemed like a decent player who was just frustrated with matchmaking and the lack of teamwork on his team. He didn't go on the huge tirades other people did, but still argued. In the end though, he went AFK at the start of a match because he didn't like the team comp, and admitted it himself. I had no choice but to punish him because of self incrimination.

alcapowned

05-29-2011

Eh.. I don't really understand what you are getting at :/

If they say "I'm going to feed" then I instantly go for the punish.

DeusExLamina

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcapowned View Post

Yeah, same for me. In the case I got, the guy wasn't BAD (gameplay or language-wise), just frustrated throughout most of it. Might have pardoned if he didn't admit he was afk in one of the last couple matches because of his team's comp. OP just wants to know if that's reason enough to hit punish. The answer is a resounding "Yes."

Space Racist

05-29-2011

I compare what they say to the stats. If they say they're going to intentionally feed, but only died a few times - I'm not going to count that match against them. But normally if someone is reported for feeding one, they're reported in a few games - and usually there will be a few games where they clearly fed.

I pardoned someone yesterday who was reported for feeding in numerous games, but their scores were over 20 kills versus a maximum of 7 deaths.

Knee-jerk Punishes simply for someone who threatens or says they will feed is not good. At least see if they actually fed first.

Haen

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcapowned View Post

I'm saying that we don't know if the guy really fed. I had this case earlier where someone had the above score (or close to it) and is reported for feeding and says they are going to do it in chat, but when did those 8 deaths happen? Did they feed or simply try to tick off their team by saying that? Or just say it out of frustration? And if the match were say 15 team kills to 45, 3/8/5 is not a bad score at all.