I do the tribunal for IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razikk

05-29-2011

Not even gonna pretend I do it "because I'm just soooo goody goody and want to help the community" I do it for IP, do I try and vote correctly? yea, because I get IP for voting correctly.

I'm not here to complain about the IP, it's a good amout for little time invested, I'm just tired of seeing "I'd do it for free! look how charitable I am weeding out the trolls" like they're some kind of saint. I'm in it for the loot

anyone else wanna admit it?

INC: downvotes from "the little angels"

Levy Break

05-29-2011

+1 For voting correctly for IP

I am saddened that most simply punish all since that will be majority answer and therefore win since most of community is vengefully intolerant and/or does not read everything.

dooSheR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-29-2011

haha ya, i feel like the few people ive pardoned i will not be getting IP for. those poor guys are gonna get ganged up on by the "saints".

Somepants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

-1 for insipid exultation of self-interest.

LegendaryHobos

05-29-2011

I don't care if your there for the IP or punishing evil do-ers, as long as you do the job correctly. :P
When I hit level 30, I'll do it for the IP and the fact it helps ban the ****.

Covenant

05-29-2011

You're in it for the 65 IP a day?

Really?

I'm in it to weed out the losers. It'll take you 100ish days of Tribunal Ratings to unlock one 6300 champ, which is so insanely slow. It's as much as one game, really. I think coming out to say "I'm in it for the old popcorn they shovel my way as a reward" is silly.

Personally I don't even care about the IP. 65 a day? Great. So in a week I can buy a rune, or something?

So long as the IP gain doesn't create unfair voting habits, I'm fine with it, but I wouldn't want IP farming to be a reason people 'grind' the Tribunal and vote stupidly. Thankfully I haven't seen any pardonable people (at least one of those games always has them saying "GG noobs I feed now" at the 5 minute mark) so at the moment there's not much daylight between people looking to do the community some good and people looking to scrape off some IP.

Razikk

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
You're in it for the 65 IP a day?

Really?

I'm in it to weed out the losers. It'll take you 100ish days of Tribunal Ratings to unlock one 6300 champ, which is so insanely slow. It's as much as one game, really. I think coming out to say "I'm in it for the old popcorn they shovel my way as a reward" is silly.

Personally I don't even care about the IP. 65 a day? Great. So in a week I can buy a rune, or something?

So long as the IP gain doesn't create unfair voting habits, I'm fine with it, but I wouldn't want IP farming to be a reason people 'grind' the Tribunal and vote stupidly. Thankfully I haven't seen any pardonable people (at least one of those games always has them saying "GG noobs I feed now" at the 5 minute mark) so at the moment there's not much daylight between people looking to do the community some good and people looking to scrape off some IP.
You're treating the IP gained from the tribunal as some sort of separate entity from normal IP, tribunal IP (granted you don't spend 5mins per case) is not bad IP/time invested and on top of that you can do it and leave whenever you want vs having to commit to a full game for 40mins.

Quote:
-1 for insipid exultation of self-interest.
-1 for grandiloquent speech and not realizing the purpose of this post.

Covenant

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razikk View Post
You're treating the IP gained from the tribunal as some sort of separate entity from normal IP, tribunal IP (granted you don't spend 5mins per case) is not bad IP/time invested and on top of that you can do it and leave whenever you want vs having to commit to a full game for 40mins.
Well, if you've got so much going on that you can't spend the time for two games, then yeah, I can see the Tribunal fitting into your work-day better. I just try to do one game a day to get my first-win bonus and I'm never really wanting for IP.

I just think it's a strange motivation, and I wouldn't want it to corrupt the process. People who say that they're in it for the reward seem strange, since the reward is miniscule. At the very least I hope it means they're in it to read each case well and answer as accurately as possible, rather than "I'm in it to press Punish 10 times" which is how I usually interpert it.

Razikk

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
Well, if you've got so much going on that you can't spend the time for two games, then yeah, I can see the Tribunal fitting into your work-day better. I just try to do one game a day to get my first-win bonus and I'm never really wanting for IP.

I just think it's a strange motivation, and I wouldn't want it to corrupt the process. People who say that they're in it for the reward seem strange, since the reward is miniscule. At the very least I hope it means they're in it to read each case well and answer as accurately as possible, rather than "I'm in it to press Punish 10 times" which is how I usually interpert it.
The reward is only miniscule if you compare it to the first win of the day bonus, otherwise 2.5-5 ip per minute is not an unreasonable amount of IP. I get about ~80 IP for a 25 min win. with the tribunal I'm getting around 30-50 per 10mins if I vote well

Jermatoo

Senior Recruiter

05-29-2011

I'd say I do it for the lulz and being able to punish the trolls personally. Nothing is more funnier than getting some dbag who feeds as Tryndamere 11 games in a row with a score like 1-35-0 or 0-29-0. The IP is just an added bonus in my opinion.