Launcher won't start, open, work.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lajota13

05-29-2011

I had this issue for almost four days, and it is safe to say it stressed me out completely. I would click on my LOL launcher on the desktop and the logo would appear however thats all that would happen. The game did not show up on task manager and would be as if i didn't click on the LOL launcher. It happened to me at a complex time because i had just restored my computer and re downloaded LOL.

The solution:
You have to look for a extra Riot Games folder in your computer. This is whats causing the game not to start. The real Riot games Folder should have a League of Legends folder within it. The one that should be deleted only has a RADs folder and two launcher icons. After deleting; the LOL launcher should start.

Disclaimer: I had been on the internet trying every possible solution to fix my problem, and the last thing i did was what i describe here. It could be that there is more to it, perhaps if you have files backed up in a folder and that folder contains old riot games files then those should be deleted too. To be honest i deleted my whole back up folder, two of them, to be sure. Of course I removed documents that were important to me so they would not be deleted.

Nevermore Crow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

If I may ask, where did you find this second Riot Games folder?

Nevermore Crow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

So, let me be the first to tell Lajota13 that dude, you were a huge help, amazing job. All I can say is, thank you a ton!

So to explain, my solution was slightly different from his/hers, but I would not have been able to fix it or figure it out without Lajota13 information

To clarify what OS I'm using, it's Windows 7 64 bit

What I did:
I could not find a second league folder, but the info Lajota13 gave me, led me to think that perhaps the games looking for something that is not there, now, on to the solution.

I checked a friends laptop, and noticed she did not have a Riot Games folder, but instead had a League of Legends folder was in the following location
"C:\Program Files (x86)\League of Legends"

I did not however, so I opened up my Riot Games folder, right click on the League of Legends folder, selected COPY and then pasted the folder and all its data to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)"

if you are using a 32 bit OS and don't have that location, try copying the folder to this location instead:
"C:\Program Files"

After copying the folder there, I went back and deleted the now empty Riot Games folder, proceeded to start the game, and the patcher showed up like normal, only this time, when i clicked play, it took me to the login screen.

I'll keep this thread bumped for a little while, Much appreciation to Lajota13 for helping me solve the issue. He deserves an up vote for sure.

Also, anyone willing to post letting us know if the solution worked for you, please do, or if you have problems.

PS: You may have to go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\League of Legends" and right click lol.launcher and select to make a shortcut on your desktop, as your old shortcut to the game will probably no longer work. once its made the shortcut on your desktop, feel free to rename it to whatever you want.

Nevermore Crow

05-29-2011

Bump

WhiSkeY TriXteR

Recruiter

05-29-2011

laj here is my problem ifu have any idea
i have win 7 x86 i have game installed , adope air debugger and every thing it launches only one time then it never open again even the launcher icon wont appear i looked at task manager the application opens of lol launcher only not patch o air debuger or any thing then closes instant i noticed that when it works the launcher size is 88 kb when it doesnt its 95 kb PLZ HELP!!!!!

Nevermore Crow

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiSkeY TriXteR View Post
laj here is my problem ifu have any idea
i have win 7 x86 i have game installed , adope air debugger and every thing it launches only one time then it never open again even the launcher icon wont appear i looked at task manager the application opens of lol launcher only not patch o air debuger or any thing then closes instant i noticed that when it works the launcher size is 88 kb when it doesnt its 95 kb PLZ HELP!!!!!
Ok, so correct me if I am wrong, You launch the game, and you get past the patcher and the log in screen hangs and never pops up. You opened task manager, and league of legends shows up as running, but you see no sigh of the client.

Correct?

Also, if that's the problem, did you follow the above post I made? I'm gonna try to help you dude, but I need a little more information on exactly whats happening with your client, You did not make yourself very clear in that last post...

Lajota13

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokRaven View Post
So, let me be the first to tell Lajota13 that dude, you were a huge help, amazing job. All I can say is, thank you a ton!

So to explain, my solution was slightly different from his/hers, but I would not have been able to fix it or figure it out without Lajota13 information

To clarify what OS I'm using, it's Windows 7 64 bit

What I did:
I could not find a second league folder, but the info Lajota13 gave me, led me to think that perhaps the games looking for something that is not there, now, on to the solution.

I checked a friends laptop, and noticed she did not have a Riot Games folder, but instead had a League of Legends folder was in the following location
"C:\Program Files (x86)\League of Legends"

I did not however, so I opened up my Riot Games folder, right click on the League of Legends folder, selected COPY and then pasted the folder and all its data to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)"

if you are using a 32 bit OS and don't have that location, try copying the folder to this location instead:
"C:\ProgramData"

After copying the folder there, I went back and deleted the now empty Riot Games folder, proceeded to start the game, and the patcher showed up like normal, only this time, when i clicked play, it took me to the login screen.

I'll keep this thread bumped for a little while, Much appreciation to Lajota13 for helping me solve the issue. He deserves an up vote for sure.

Also, anyone willing to post letting us know if the solution worked for you, please do, or if you have problems.

PS: You may have to go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\League of Legends" and right click lol.launcher and select to make a shortcut on your desktop, as your old shortcut to the game will probably no longer work. once its made the shortcut on your desktop, feel free to rename it to whatever you want.
OK, This sounds great also. Good work.

Nevermore Crow

05-29-2011

Just to clarify, I made a minor mistake (I was pretty sleepy) but updated and fixed it in my instructions above.

It was "C:\Program Files" not "C:\ProgramData"

Lajota13

05-30-2011

To make things more clear.

The main issue is that a folder is not in its proper place and that is why the Launcher only shows the logo in the middle of the screen for one second and nothing else happens after that. Inside the Riot Games folder there should be a League of Legends folder with most of the game data within it. If this folder is not within the Riot Games folder then that is your main problem.

You can do one of the following. Copy the folder from a friend and insert it into your Riot Game folder or find it in your computer, because it might be in your computer just in the wrong location and place it in the proper location.

Volvagia oot

05-30-2011

I am having a similar problem, but I dont have a second riot games folder.

My only folder I found is when I go under My computer, C drive, and there is a fodler called Riot Games. Inside that folder is a folder called league of legends, and inside that is a RAD, and two launchers.

What could be causing the problem if I don't have a second folder? I should also state that the problem started after I did a system restore to try to fix a seperate problem.

12345 ... 7