Tribune - people collecting points, not taking this serious?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thegreatunknown

05-29-2011

I keep getting the impression that people are just voting punish every single time. Of course some of you won't, but a lot of threads and opinions I've heard suggest there is a number of people who push everything and anything (from inapp. name to afk, not even mentioning the more hardcore offenders)

I was in another thread, and a guy said he'd punish a guy for AFK's alone, and I thought is a player truly worthy of banning based on this?

How do I know: If he had 200 games, yet 8 leaves? How do I know his internet didn't cut out? How do I know if his team didn't feed and he just left?

Of course the logs help somewhat...but if it is so CUT AND DRY, why have a tribune? I feel like it's being a jury, you look at the evidence and vote for guilty or not guilty. The MAIN difference to me is you are trying to prove if someone is guilty of being a true disaster to the community, or if they are just afk'ing too much.

I would just like to think if I were up for being banned, I'd want the fairest Tribune possible.

Een Maan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

You shouldn't think of the punish button as a "ban" button. The tribunal is there to help decide which players need to be reprimanded. Whether that is a warning, a temp ban or a permanent ban is up to riot.

As far as i know the tribunal only goes back to April of this year, so if they have excessive afks, leaves or feeding then they deserve what punishment they get.

Bainemo

05-29-2011

Honestly, if a guy is going AFK, he's going AFK. Once or twice, fine. But if he's done it several times in a short period, that's inexcusable. I don't care if your internet is bad or if your mom keeps calling you to dinner, you're ruining games. Stop playing until you've got your life figured out.

thegreatunknown

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Een Maan View Post
You shouldn't think of the punish button as a "ban" button. The tribunal is there to help decide which players need to be reprimanded. Whether that is a warning, a temp ban or a permanent ban is up to riot.

As far as i know the tribunal only goes back to April of this year, so if they have excessive afks, leaves or feeding then they deserve what punishment they get.
I get that, I think we all get that. I just don't think people are getting the other half. If it was cut and dry, there would be no tribune. We'd ban everyone's case who came up, and call it a day.

That is why I don't like this, no one is taking it serious because it's always punish punish punish. I bet someone could have very mild things, and some of the reported don't match the crime...yet people would still vote Punish if they even found a hint of a reason to ban.

I like the idea behind this...but if people are constantly punishing the whole system is worthless. Just temp ban everyone who would be on the tribune.

Edit: No one addressed my question, and people skip around the idea. This is not being taken serious, and most people from what I can tell are voting to punish everyone. What is the point if it's always punish?

Covenant

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatunknown View Post
Edit: No one addressed my question, and people skip around the idea. This is not being taken serious, and most people from what I can tell are voting to punish everyone. What is the point if it's always punish?
Fear of this battlestation will keep the local systems in line.

This takes it off Riot's hands, letting us move faster, while making it slightly less likely to be PUNISH PUNISH than an automated system that just tempbans for reports. Eventually people might have enough respect for the Tribunal that they don't rage at their fellow players and if they're having a bad day, just finish their match, don't say anything, and then log out when they're done.

That would be way preferable. If that happened, the Tribunal's cases would be less cut-and-dry. You'd get the occasional ultra-feeder who knows he's gonna get warned. Or someone who is getting reported for being bad, and we have to pardon. Anyway.

Once there are less people being brazenly antagonistic to their allies, we'll have a harder job to do, and then it's less punish-prone.

alcapowned

05-29-2011

Well the thing is that for them to end up on the tribunal, it means they have several games in which they have been reported.

Also, keep in mind just because they got a majority of "Punish" vs Pardons doesn't mean they'll get BANNED.

The punishments can be just temporary bans.