Anti Tribunal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tritotamar

05-29-2011

So i like the tribunal, it's cool idea. It helps weed out some of the more *******'ish players, but it got me thinking.

The tribunal is made to discourage negative behavior, like intentional feeding, harassment etc. But it does nothing to encourage positive behavior

My thought was, to put a system into the tribunal, that instead of reporting people for bad stuff, you report them for being especially friendly or helpful, and the community votes on whether or not to reward them in some way.

The ideal outcome of this would be that people's thinking would change from, "I should try not to be bad enough to get reported" to "I should try to be good enough to be commended"

Obviously it wouldn't be a simple matter, people will try to game the system, by playing with their friends and commending each other after every game for example. Though you could avoid this particular problem by only letting someone commend someone else once.

Such a system is unlikely to ever be implemented, but hey I can dream right?

So what are your thoughts on this?
Do you think this could work?
What problems could come out of it and how could they be fixed?

Dantjle

05-29-2011

Dunno if would be to have both tribunal and your idea.. It would require a lot time from each player.

But yeah i think it sounds great (:

Jouda

05-29-2011

Interesting idea - could avoid abusing the system by not letting you commend someone you queued with.

Arosen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

I don't know how well this would work, most people are more likely to say something when someone has upset them then they are when someone has done a good job/been nice.

Darmon

05-29-2011

Seen this idea suggested in here at least once before. Its an interesting one, but obvious much less important for improving the community than getting all the bad eggs out of it. The problem is that it would be even more subjective, and would require some sort of reward to have any kind of impact. At least when people are being bad there are rules written in stone that they're violating.

Halla

05-29-2011

Honestly, I don't think that being nice should carry a special reward. I think it should be the minimum expected behaviour. You should compliment your team when they're doing well, you should be understanding if they're having a bad game, you should give helpful hints, etc. It's just what you should do if you're a decent person and a good team mate. It makes the game more fun for everyone, and actually encourages people to continue trying, which raging does not.

Tritotamar

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halla View Post
Honestly, I don't think that being nice should carry a special reward. I think it should be the minimum expected behaviour. You should compliment your team when they're doing well, you should be understanding if they're having a bad game, you should give helpful hints, etc. It's just what you should do if you're a decent person and a good team mate. It makes the game more fun for everyone, and actually encourages people to continue trying, which raging does not.
Absolutely, being nice/reasonable should be the norm, it should be expected and you shouldn't need to reward people for it. Nobody can really argue against that.
But, unfortunately, not everyone is. And we shouldn't confuse "You shouldn't need to do this" with, "You shouldn't do this". What I mean is, this shouldn't need to be done, but doing so could still have a positive effect on the community.

nGui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-29-2011

THE WAY IT IS IS TOO MUCH POWER TO A LOT OF PISSED PLAYERS ... so this will do more damage then the damage the afkers/quiters/etc already done ... this is all players are GMs in a wow server .. .. will be just for greed people and this will be CAOS son ...

Bainemo

05-29-2011

A combination of punishment and positive reinforcement has been proven the best way to train animals to behave properly. Since middle schoolers are essentially animals, I see no reason not to at least give it a shot.

nGui

Recruiter

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
A combination of punishment and positive reinforcement has been proven the best way to train animals to behave properly. Since middle schoolers are essentially animals, I see no reason not to at least give it a shot.
worth the try but i really think they will just do another account and play anyway, i really think discipline in this case suspend ranked and normal matches for people will do better good then ban accounts.