Pardoning???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xzarion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

After this first week of Tribunal, I'm finally running into cases that are worthy of pardons? :0
Today's 10 cases were a surprise for me (the not zeal stacking feeder ones). I was actually able to pardon 4 of my cases today. I'm shocked.

Ukaei

05-29-2011

I do so. A guy doing terrible with a score of 0-11.. but he was trying. One other game such as that.
He's team bashed him and he admitted he was just having a bad time.

I pardon him,

Randomtasks

05-29-2011

I pardon people that get reported for "offensive language" unless its racist.

So tired of the "Momy he used the F word" ****. Use the ignore function and the chat filter children...

Jouda

05-29-2011

Honestly, so far, I've pardoned 1 case. It was kind of a grey area but I looked through all 6 games that were listed, made a judgement call and chose to pardon him. Coincidentally, when the report they email you came back, the rest of the tribunal agreed with my judgement on 9/10 cases that day - I'd be willing to bet that one is the one that I didn't get credit for.

That's really the problem with this system (in my opinion) - if deciding to pardon someone requires looking through more than one or two games and requires making an honest analysis of the data presented, chances are the majority of people aren't going to bother and are going to click Punish. So, by taking the extra time to really examine the info given, you're essentially screwing yourself out of 5 IP. Some way to leave anonymous notes on a case as to why you're judging it a given way (even just to draw other tribunal users' attention to specific things that might make a difference) would be helpful.

Alterity

05-29-2011

You aren't screwing yourself out of 5 IP, you're doing the right thing

I agree though, leaving anonymous notes would be great, there are a few that are in such a grey area that it would be nice to see other's reasoning on their choice.

I've happily pardoned 2 today, because although one died a lot, they certainly seemed like they were trying and just sucked in general, which is not fair to punish them for.

I punish people for offensive language if and only if it occurs often. If they are offensive to their own team for now reason, not only does it ruin the game for their team members, but it also breaks down communication which greatly increases the chance of a loss, which ruins the game more for their team. Harassing the enemy team, its not hard to mute them.

Hoofster

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomtasks View Post
I pardon people that get reported for "offensive language" unless its racist.

So tired of the "Momy he used the F word" ****. Use the ignore function and the chat filter children...
I halfway agree with this, only half though, if line of text you type has something that's going to be filtered, then you're probably making the game unpleasent for someone with what's not filtered. And constant spam when you're trying to communicate with your team doesn't help.

Kial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofster View Post
I halfway agree with this, only half though, if line of text you type has something that's going to be filtered, then you're probably making the game unpleasent for someone with what's not filtered. And constant spam when you're trying to communicate with your team doesn't help.
Also purposefully bypassing the filter I find kinda iffy. Mines turned off because I'm... old enough an I don't care. but not every one is.

I agree with the spamming also. It's one thing to say "fck u nub" in all chat some people clearly wouldn't like it but I can over look it if the next 5 lines of chat are him repeating it. and or endless insults scattered though the chat and they are ALWAYS negative.(slander insults vs constructive insults)

Aloretec

05-29-2011

I've pardoned one case and skipped one because I honestly couldn't make a decision without seeing the scores of his team mates or video of the match. He wasn't overly offensive in his comments, all though he wasn't being nice, but was clearly raging. The problem I had was the other team in the case was repeatedly calling his team noobs, etc for dying so much. I couldn't make a judgement call against him because it was the same for 4 of the games he was reported on, his score on them wasn't horrible, and his complaints came after chat complaints he was 1v5 because no one else was doing anything. I can say I think there's still work to be done on the Tribunal. The notes is the first thing I'd like to see and I'd also like to see the video added, but since saving replays hasn't happen I'm going to hold out for the notes first. I'd also like to see the final score for each player, but black out who they were, like they do with the chat log. I'd also like to see chat logs from the lobby before and after the game, as a lot of complaints weren't from what the person in the case I skipped said during the game, but during lobby which I couldn't see.

Silverback Wolf

05-29-2011

For some reason I can't pardon anyone.......... Riot give me some cases I can pardon some DX