Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Where are all the 5-8k gold builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

03-22-2010

Generally, for Physical DPS, I find this to be very effective:

Doran's Shield
Berserker Greaves
Last Whisper (3320 by this point)
BF Sword (5170)
->Infinity Edge (7400)
Vamp Scepter (7850)

EchoRex

03-22-2010

You don't see many reasonably priced builds, because those builds aren't what the PvE mindset of the general populace considers acceptable. If its not the best possible, when anyone can achieve it just by "farming enough" then it isn't worth playing towards and building a strategy around. Which is far and away the largest reason you see games take longer than 45min.

The major fail point for the majority of guides are their inability to show a solid progression of item builds. Those that do, are relying upon ideal situations of near non existent incoming damage or continuously champion last hitting away from teammates to perform adequately.

This is why you see a goodly sized proportion of truly organized teams utilizing mid game, mid tier items instead of trying to stack incomplete top tier items. The ride their better survivability and, at that time in the game, better damage output to victory. There are plenty of situations where getting that one top tier item is the perfect choice, but not at the detriment of being slow, fragile, and out of position for the majority of the game.

I've always built towards a versatile 5-6k gold item set, then a 9-10k, and if I find myself in a game that is in the 12k range I usually am taking more time just finding what I want to have replaced from my current inventory than I did deciding the path the lower gold builds needed to take.

Chingmeister

03-22-2010

Turret/Well Rounded Heimer (with 42 mana [EMAIL="regen@18"]regen@18[/EMAIL] from runes)

Ruby Crystal
Ruby > Aegis
Basic Boots
Chalice
Ninja Tabi
Abyssal Scepter (lowers MR so turrets hit harder if game goes that long)

Alternative build for lowr gold side lane:

Dorans Ring + pot,
Dorans Ring#2
Dorans Ring#3
Ninja Tabi
Aegis
Chalice

AnyOtherEnemy

03-22-2010

Quote:
Blackstoise:
ChoGath:
Boots of Speed
Levi
Wamogs
Atma's

If the game isn't over yet, then go for Frozen Mallet, then Phantom Dancers. If you keep 20 stacks with all 6 items, then you shouldn't ever die.

Chogath should not stack health items, his health already gets high enough from his ultimate. He needs armor and magic resist as there are diminishing returns for HP stacking after a certain point. Armor and magic resist become more and more significant at higher healths. See Zeyk's post.

Sarpati

03-22-2010

It was covered before but c'mon, use common sense. Most of the decent guides state a core build and a "dream" build (or just a general progression that mentions where most games tend to end, for that specific author). That is, sometimes games do last that long - it may be rare if you're high or low elo, but it does happen.

The problem is that many champions require an above the average priced build to shine. Take a look at Ezreal, Corki, Poppy, Nasus, Shaco, Sivir, Jax, Alistar, Fiddlesticks and so on. What do they have in common? In most games, you don't need more than 5.5k gold to end the game. Now look at Evelynn, Karthus, Veigar, etc. They all require an absurd amount of items to make up for their shortcomings, and sometimes it's not even enough.

That said, if your games do indeed only last up to the 8k gold mark, and you are posting here, you really should have your builds ironed out by now.

Riot aBhorsen

Recruiter

03-23-2010

Basically because the majority of users on these boards are Pub-Stompers. For more intellectual discussions go to http://www.leaguecraft.com

For a Mini Twisted Fate Build.

My core is:

Sword of the Divine
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Boots as needed, Mercury's Treads as standard.

Those 3 items and you can deal some nice damage.

peyo

03-23-2010

um lol :P if the game doesn't end in 25-30min I almost always have these on my TF:

Executioner's Calling - 1350
Ninja Tabi - 850
Phantom Dancer - 3395
Infinity Edge - 4080

TOTAL = 9675

If the game goes well, I also buy Bloodthirster - 3200 (and that's quite often)
and if it goes very well, I get Sword of Divine or Black Cleaver - 2170/3065

Dr Troll

03-23-2010

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=79427

Shameless reference to my own guide, but the item builds I have are reasonably priced. If you don't feel like reading, I go

Boots, SotD, improved Madred's

If the game goes on long enough, then situational items as needed, but I've never been in a game in which it's remotely competitive and I can't get those three.

TurkeyBaconSub

03-23-2010

So, once again, people over look the beauty that is Brutalizer, so cheap so useful so cost effective amazing item all around. You can say the same thing about Last whisper, but it has been mentioned.

But for 1337 gold you get an item that gives you dmg, armor reduction/pen (whatever it is i dont recall) and CD reduciton. Next time you play a melee/physical dp champ get one, i promise you won't be dissapointed. I know nidalee loves that item for sure, especially right after laning phase, makes your gank potential that much greater.

bobthegood

03-23-2010

(Insert tanky support hero here)

Aeigis
Boots of choice
Soulshroud

If I'm feeling rich I'll pick up a Guardian Angel or a Frozen Heart if I dont' have CD masteries. On an AP hero like Morgana, if my team is AP heavy, I'll pick up an abyssal scepter.