Where are all the 5-8k gold builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

03-22-2010

Most of my games end with the winning team averaging 6-8k gold and the losing team averaging 5-7k gold.

This confuses me as I see all these builds for 12-14k gold. Where are all the builds that allow your team to establish dominance within the first 2-3k gold?

The reason I'm confused is that the first 2-3k gold is really the half way point of most games I play. All the outside towers are down on the side where dominance isn't established and that side is at a serious disadvantage.

I'm highly confused that I dont see buy 2-3 appropriate Doran's items + boots. Or chalice + 2-3 Doran's + basic boots. Or just rush a starks with basic boots. Or just rush an aegis with basic boots.

Does anyone actually consistantly go over 8k gold? When i was looking at my Sivir stats they average slightly under 8k gold over the last 80 games...and that is as a middle most of the time with more gold then side lanes.

Dog4Life

03-22-2010

for 8k u can go for boots+leviathan+mejai+knife... get 20 stacks on each and you r ready to go... lol

volune

03-22-2010

Twisted fate build

8805 gold
mercury treads
chalice of harmony
nashors tooth
trinity force

got some health in there, great magic resist. lots of attack speed. snare. watch out for those red/gold cards every 4 seconds. and the run speed is good (for TF at least).

Blackstoise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-22-2010

ChoGath:
Boots of Speed
Levi
Wamogs
Atma's

If the game isn't over yet, then go for Frozen Mallet, then Phantom Dancers. If you keep 20 stacks with all 6 items, then you shouldn't ever die.

Voidgolem

03-22-2010

Mundo:

SV
Boots
Zeal
Phage
Zeal/LW
Zeal > PD
Phage > Mallet

liketheplague

03-22-2010

Seriously, most of my games go up to about 45 minutes and I usually have at least 4 2k+ gold items. Every time I've played a game where the enemy team has started trying to go for an early win with dorans items my team held out long enough to farm items with extra useful effects and won the game.

The only games I win in under 30 minutes the team is terrible, so every time I see somebody talk about how fast their games go, I assume they're playing low ELO and just stomping on scrubbies. Either that or they're playing against Solo Queues with an organized arranged team.

Dranwin

03-22-2010

This is not completely true. Everyone knows that your early game will in all likelyhood determine your late game. Getting inexpensive items that many players feel could be better served as a POWER item ex. Sheen over Malady ect... Yes Sheen is a much better item for yourself and your team, but malady is so cheap, you will have a much better return as far as your game effectiveness goes because you get the item so early. If your game ends up turning into a 50 minute grind, you will most likely end up selling your inexpensive items for their upgraded counterparts. That being said. Merc Treds are a staple item for most situations and can be effective on every character. For melee chars, brutalizer, malady, these are cheap items that have a great deal of effectiveness. AP is a bit harder to inexpensively itemize but a ROA picked up early game can really pay its dividends later (although the item itself is quite expensive). Any snowball items I.E. Mejais, Sword of Occult, Leviathan are all great cheap items however if you have a sloppy game these items will not pan out for you.

Panzerfauste

03-22-2010

why are you confused why would you post an unfished build, some games do that long.... most guides post items in the order of importance so your 5k gold build is in there. common sense next time plox

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstoise View Post
ChoGath:
Boots of Speed
Levi
Wamogs
Atma's

If the game isn't over yet, then go for Frozen Mallet, then Phantom Dancers. If you keep 20 stacks with all 6 items, then you shouldn't ever die.
guardian angel > atmas, especially for a champ that has to keep up with two different stacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranwin View Post
This is not completely true. Everyone knows that your early game will in all likelyhood determine your late game. Getting inexpensive items that many players feel could be better served as a POWER item ex. Sheen over Malady ect... Yes Sheen is a much better item for yourself and your team, but malady is so cheap, you will have a much better return as far as your game effectiveness goes because you get the item so early. If your game ends up turning into a 50 minute grind, you will most likely end up selling your inexpensive items for their upgraded counterparts. That being said. Merc Treds are a staple item for most situations and can be effective on every character. For melee chars, brutalizer, malady, these are cheap items that have a great deal of effectiveness. AP is a bit harder to inexpensively itemize but a ROA picked up early game can really pay its dividends later (although the item itself is quite expensive). Any snowball items I.E. Mejais, Sword of Occult, Leviathan are all great cheap items however if you have a sloppy game these items will not pan out for you.
uhh, i don't see the point oyur trying to make, sheen is a better item(depending on class, but almost always is) and its cheaper.

xahhfink6

03-22-2010

bumping for more "mini-guides"

also, Zilean:
Kage's Lucky Pick
Tear of the Goddess
Mejai's Soulstealer
Fiendish Codex
Mercury Treads
=5215 Gold
-> Archangel's
-> Deathfire's Grasp
=7615 Gold (and you will have been getting extra gold from Kage's up until here)