Let's get this Golem Buff sorted out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doji

03-22-2010

There are a lot of characters that have mana issues that can be solved with blue, while I agree annie, and ryze gain a great deal from blue, to simply chalk it down to "give it to the caster" is maybe a bad preconceived idea. I mean there are several casters and several physical/support. Should nunu really have the buff over say Corki? Or morgana over a warwick jungling?

The Crow

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doji View Post
There are a lot of characters that have mana issues that can be solved with blue, while I agree annie, and ryze gain a great deal from blue, to simply chalk it down to "give it to the caster" is maybe a bad preconceived idea. I mean there are several casters and several physical/support. Should nunu really have the buff over say Corki? Or morgana over a warwick jungling?
This

GoD FoRSaKeN

03-22-2010

hmm.. I do think that these rules only apply to non-junglers.. if you have a jungler on your team i.e. warwick / amumu / nasus / yi / udyr / fiddle ( i realize that most of these heroes are very uncommon now adays but..) then they should be getting golem over and caster anyways.

Azing

03-22-2010

Actually there are some non caster heroes that really benefit more then casters. Ezreal for example burns through mana like no tomorrow. Even as a physical carry if he should be playing a ganking roll its a huge help in order for him to catch people who run with teleport and skills.

Cho'gath is another situational hero to get the buff. If Cho should die, priority should be given to him to get the buff. The CDR helps greatly in building stacks up faster while giving him more mana regen to stay in line and kill faster and stay in action to feast as soon as he possibly can.

One of the biggest heroes by far that should take the golem buff over any character (outside situational elements) would have to be Taric when it comes to an upcoming push. Its such a huge boost to his ult and will do wonders to substaining a push. It can make the difference between getting one tower or getting the tower and an inhib together.

Anunu also comes about having such a need as his despair will drain up his mana should he not have the buff to boost his regeneration. Of all the heroes in game he has perhaps the biggest benefit to the buff since not only does it regen his mana effectively letting despair constantly be left up, but it lowers the CD on his ult which is his bread and butter in making him useful.

Golem buff just has so many variables behind it.

Voidgolem

03-22-2010

VG's rules to golem buff:

There's three people bot. GTFO of jungle or uninstall >:\

Ressa

03-22-2010

Taric gets dibs on Golem no matter what. Particularly over Warwick.

Techno Stud

03-22-2010

And that's when I reply

"Suck it caster ***, I got shrooms to drop."
(steals golem buff and lizard buff)

automator

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressa View Post
Taric gets dibs on Golem no matter what. Particularly over Warwick.
That's the first and last rule about the golem buff. For almost all casters it is acceptable to run away and hide like a ***** when everything is on CD- taric needs all the CD he can get.

Gale

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post
Actually there are some non caster heroes that really benefit more then casters. Ezreal for example burns through mana like no tomorrow. Even as a physical carry if he should be playing a ganking roll its a huge help in order for him to catch people who run with teleport and skills.

Cho'gath is another situational hero to get the buff. If Cho should die, priority should be given to him to get the buff. The CDR helps greatly in building stacks up faster while giving him more mana regen to stay in line and kill faster and stay in action to feast as soon as he possibly can.

One of the biggest heroes by far that should take the golem buff over any character (outside situational elements) would have to be Taric when it comes to an upcoming push. Its such a huge boost to his ult and will do wonders to substaining a push. It can make the difference between getting one tower or getting the tower and an inhib together.

Anunu also comes about having such a need as his despair will drain up his mana should he not have the buff to boost his regeneration. Of all the heroes in game he has perhaps the biggest benefit to the buff since not only does it regen his mana effectively letting despair constantly be left up, but it lowers the CD on his ult which is his bread and butter in making him useful.

Golem buff just has so many variables behind it.
well yeah that's why I say talk it out with the team, including the casters. And you're right there are sometimes when the tank or someone else should get the Golem buff. But I'm tired of being in a game where Tristana decides to take Golem and me (Fiddlesticks with only one mana regen item) says please leave it alone I need it. They take it anyways. Or when I'm Annie and Ashe decides to come in and take the Golem from me.

I have been Ezreal and stolen the Golem from Trist (I was playing AP Ez so spamming was much needed and I didn't have time to ask her to stop so I took action) and Tristana whined and said, "FINE YOU CAN WIN THE GAME BY YOURSELF"... I just stood there dumbfounded... The ranged DPS was seriously thinking she needed the Golem more then the Spammy Caster? I mean I know the CDR on your Q would be really nice, but seriously you don't NEED it like I need it.

Murdurus

03-22-2010

If another person wants it, they can go ahead and get it, assuming I'm not nearby (I play mainly casters) or we're getting pushed hard. After all, it's better that one of my team mate gets it rather than an opponent. But I don't think I ever got into a game where people actually whined about anyone taking the golem, maybe I'm just lucky?