Intentionally feeding Vs Feeding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thenadathor

05-28-2011

I just wanna make this perfectly clear.

Feeding is not punishable, and should not be reported.

INTENTIONALLY feeding is punishable, and should be reported.

Does everyone reading this know the difference?

I have a strong suspicion that this is the most problematic area when evaluating cases. A player with a bad score may be feeding, but unless the chat log (or the chat log from other games) indicates that the player INTENDS to feed (as opposed to feeding in spite of his admittedly poor attempts not to), you have no basis for punishing that player.

Understand?

KamaitachiTrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Huntsman

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenadathor View Post
I just wanna make this perfectly clear.

Feeding is not punishable, and should not be reported.

INTENTIONALLY feeding is punishable, and should be reported.

Does everyone reading this know the difference?

I have a strong suspicion that this is the most problematic area when evaluating cases. A player with a bad score may be feeding, but unless the chat log (or the chat log from other games) indicates that the player INTENDS to feed (as opposed to feeding in spite of his admittedly poor attempts not to), you have no basis for punishing that player.

Understand?
My one Pardoned case was the individual did not have great scores, was constantly attacked by his team for his poor scores, even though this individual tried their hardest to co-operate and do things well. Was just a fresh-to-the-game person who did not deserve to be punished just because his team never wanted to explain the right way to do things.

So yeah, I agree, people really need to know the difference, AND to know when they should be helping someone understand how to play the game better rather than just calling them a feeder and reporting them.

-Trey

BlinksMcgee

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerewolfTrey View Post
My one Pardoned case was the individual did not have great scores, was constantly attacked by his team for his poor scores, even though this individual tried their hardest to co-operate and do things well. Was just a fresh-to-the-game person who did not deserve to be punished just because his team never wanted to explain the right way to do things.

So yeah, I agree, people really need to know the difference, AND to know when they should be helping someone understand how to play the game better rather than just calling them a feeder and reporting them.

-Trey
I had a game where I thought this was the case but after viewing the next 5 he was obviously a troll that had been doing it intentionally.

KamaitachiTrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Huntsman

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinksMcgee View Post
I had a game where I thought this was the case but after viewing the next 5 he was obviously a troll that had been doing it intentionally.
Yeah, that's why out of all I've done it was only one case out of the dozens of Punishes. I really had to read into everything too just to make sure he wasn't just a very good troll (good at hiding his trollness) - it turned out he was really friendly, co-operative, just was a really big newbie to the game and didn't know how things worked well yet.

-Trey

Thenadathor

05-28-2011

yeah, I just forsee this being the one mistake many judges will make.