Paragon of Damacia - How to use it properly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Femin

03-22-2010

Just recently started playing with Poppy, seeking for some advise on how to use Paragon of Damacia correctly? when and how to use it most effectively?

Uranium

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Based on my experience with poppy, you should either use Paragon to escape death or enter into a fight with full stacks and a sheen/ trinity force proc.

Dranwin

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Based on my experience with poppy, you should either use Paragon to escape death or enter into a fight with full stacks and a sheen/ trinity force proc.
I would agree here. I primarily pop Paragon when either chasing for a Killing blow or when I am on the run. Usually I don't bother proccing it because I am constantly creeping and it is always maxxed anyway. I like to save it for the movement situations where it becomes a complete livesaver but offensively and defensively. Also I thank the gods that this now stacks when fighting towers. You used to proc it to quickly push a tower, but no longer any need. Its saved for fight or flight situations only!

Zophir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-22-2010

Pop it to get better positioning to heroic charge someone for an initiation.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

I would use it if you have sheen directly after you use your initiating skill (should be heroic charge...) to get more damage from the sheen buff (does it stack with Q?)

Wuumaster

03-22-2010

I use it in three situations.

First is pulling my butt out of the fire. D Immunity has worn off, I'm stuck in the middle of the enemy team, and they're not happy about the, uh... dents we made in the walls. Time to GTFO, and what better way than by maxing my armor stacks (if they haven't already been maxed in the denting process earlier) and getting a speed boost? It's pretty cheap, mana-wise, so it's rare that I can't hit it when I want it, and it'll save you quite a few times if you're quick enough to notice it's time to leave the party.

Hitting Paragon with boots 2 puts you around 450 move speed - not enough to outrun Udyr, but you should be plenty fast regardless.

Second situation is right before a small team fight (3 people, usually). Pop it to get max armor/damage stacks, and I can chase down the little buggers trying to avoid the walls. If they weren't running before they kissed the wall, they will be when the stun wears off (or they'll be dead, if my teammates where nearby). Win/win to me, at any rate. I'll use it before a big team fight too, but usually people aren't running away from me at that point, and I'd rather save it to GTFO acording to situation one, as above.

Third situation is if I'm on one side of the map, and I suddenly need to be somewhere else. That can mean: I'm going to be late for a team fight, the enemy team is about to invite me to a surprise party, or minions are about to destroy my/my enemy's tower. Gotta be careful using it like this though - although Paragon is a cheap Active, Poppy's got a fairly shallow mana pool, and not much in the way of natural regen, so using it more than twice to get somewhere might get you in trouble when you arrive.