Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Leopold, The Pompous Cat King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

polynaoh

08-30-2009

Hello there ,

Here's a somewhat crazy idea for a champion that I would like to see implemented in League of Legends . I thought that it would be great if this champion would take the role of a defensive anti-farmer that would try to prevent anyone facing him on a lane from performing an effective farming and pushing , while still being somehow useful in team fights and late game . Also , he wouldn't have very effective offensive abilities , but he would be quite resistant (above average hp and whatnot) .

Perhaps above all else , I wanted him to be plain .. annoying ! So I thought that it would be excelent if this champion could be a pompous and annoying cat king . And being a king , he would absolutely hate to lift one of his fingers to get anything done , so he'd probably rather see people getting things done for him .

With all that in mind , I made this picture of how he would probably look like : (you can view this picture in higher resolution if you click the attached thumbnail in the end of the post .)

Next is a skill setup that would be fitting for him . I avoided thinking about exact values for the skills because I was lazy , so it's more about how his skills would work than anything else .

Leopold - The Pompous Cat King's Skills
-----------------------------------------------------

Q - Attack Order - (Consumes mana) A single target debuff skill . Increases the damage received by target enemy champion for a set ammount of time . It also forces nearby minions and turrets to attack the affected enemy champion while they're under this skill's effect .

Each level adds skill duration , mana cost and an increase on the ammount of extra damage received by the target .

W - Tax Collector - (Consumes mana) A single target debuff skill . While under the effect of this skill , whenever an enemy champion gets gold from killing creatures , minions , champions and from destroying turrets he will automatically have a set percentage of his income sent to Leopold .

Each level adds skill duration , mana cost and an increase in the percentage of gold sent to Leopold .

E - Fishbone Curse - (Consumes mana) A single target debuff skill . The affected champion loses some of his HP whenever he uses mana consumption skills for a set ammount of time . Damage is based on the ammount of mana used by the affected champion + Leopold's ability power .

R - Royal Decree - (Consumes mana) A global skill with various effects depending on it's current level .

Level 1 - Enemy team gets affect by the Tax Collector skill for a set ammount of time . The power of the skill will depend on the Tax Collector's current skill level .

Level 2 - Enemy team will spend an increased ammount of mana whenever they use mana consumption skills for a set ammount of time . The power of this skill will depend on the Fishbone Curse's current skill level .

Level 3 - Enemy team will get silenced for a set (probably short) ammount of time .

Passive - Pomposity - Whenever Leopold gets auto attacked , there's a small chance that the attacker will be overly impressed by Leopold's (arguably imposing) figure , causing a quick stun effect on the offender .

So there we have it . I personally think he would work generally well in interesting ways in the game . Thanks for reading , and I'll surely appreciate feedback and suggestions !

Kaitor

08-31-2009

=O Great Champion. I think he really fits in the game, his visual is very consistant with the original art and his skills are very usefull =D Would be great to have an anti-farmer.

Ashramkun

08-31-2009

woot. Looks nice. That one has a picture of him. And Kaitor is right! its fits the game. Come on Riot, lets have Leopold as a playable champion xD
btw, gratz polynaoh. He looks cool and it was a great idea.

polynaoh

08-31-2009

I totally forgot to mention that he definitely should speak in a brittish accent ! Make him say things like 'Good grief ...' or maybe 'Purrrrrfect !' . >_>;

Ah , and many thanks for the comments people .

08-31-2009

Uh, one thing. Level three of his ultimate completely removes any synergy it had with Fishbone Curse. I don't like how the ult switches effects so much...for instance, I might prefer to keep it at level 2 until lvl 18 if I played this hero myself. Or, if I felt like farming was a good idea, I'd stick with level one and opt not to increase it at all till 17. :/

blob

Recruiter

08-31-2009

hahaha nice idea dude GOO CATS >=D

ruaru

08-31-2009

Great idea polynaoh (http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=7898#), I liked the "anti-farm" nuker idea hehe