[Champion Suggestion] Leopold, The Pompous Cat King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

polynaoh

08-30-2009

Hello there ,

Here's a somewhat crazy idea for a champion that I would like to see implemented in League of Legends . I thought that it would be great if this champion would take the role of a defensive anti-farmer that would try to prevent anyone facing him on a lane from performing an effective farming and pushing , while still being somehow useful in team fights and late game . Also , he wouldn't have very effective offensive abilities , but he would be quite resistant (above average hp and whatnot) .

Perhaps above all else , I wanted him to be plain .. annoying ! So I thought that it would be excelent if this champion could be a pompous and annoying cat king . And being a king , he would absolutely hate to lift one of his fingers to get anything done , so he'd probably rather see people getting things done for him .

With all that in mind , I made this picture of how he would probably look like : (you can view this picture in higher resolution if you click the attached thumbnail in the end of the post .)

*******http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9991/leopoldfinal.jpg********

Next is a skill setup that would be fitting for him . I avoided thinking about exact values for the skills because I was lazy , so it's more about how his skills would work than anything else .

Leopold - The Pompous Cat King's Skills
-----------------------------------------------------

Q - Attack Order - (Consumes mana) A single target debuff skill . Increases the damage received by target enemy champion for a set ammount of time . It also forces nearby minions and turrets to attack the affected enemy champion while they're under this skill's effect .

Each level adds skill duration , mana cost and an increase on the ammount of extra damage received by the target .

W - Tax Collector - (Consumes mana) A single target debuff skill . While under the effect of this skill , whenever an enemy champion gets gold from killing creatures , minions , champions and from destroying turrets he will automatically have a set percentage of his income sent to Leopold .

Each level adds skill duration , mana cost and an increase in the percentage of gold sent to Leopold .

E - Fishbone Curse - (Consumes mana) A single target debuff skill . The affected champion loses some of his HP whenever he uses mana consumption skills for a set ammount of time . Damage is based on the ammount of mana used by the affected champion + Leopold's ability power .

R - Royal Decree - (Consumes mana) A global skill with various effects depending on it's current level .

Level 1 - Enemy team gets affect by the Tax Collector skill for a set ammount of time . The power of the skill will depend on the Tax Collector's current skill level .

Level 2 - Enemy team will spend an increased ammount of mana whenever they use mana consumption skills for a set ammount of time . The power of this skill will depend on the Fishbone Curse's current skill level .

Level 3 - Enemy team will get silenced for a set (probably short) ammount of time .

Passive - Pomposity - Whenever Leopold gets auto attacked , there's a small chance that the attacker will be overly impressed by Leopold's (arguably imposing) figure , causing a quick stun effect on the offender .

So there we have it . I personally think he would work generally well in interesting ways in the game . Thanks for reading , and I'll surely appreciate feedback and suggestions !

Kaitor

08-31-2009

=O Great Champion. I think he really fits in the game, his visual is very consistant with the original art and his skills are very usefull =D Would be great to have an anti-farmer.

Ashramkun

08-31-2009

woot. Looks nice. That one has a picture of him. And Kaitor is right! its fits the game. Come on Riot, lets have Leopold as a playable champion xD
btw, gratz polynaoh. He looks cool and it was a great idea.

polynaoh

08-31-2009

I totally forgot to mention that he definitely should speak in a brittish accent ! Make him say things like 'Good grief ...' or maybe 'Purrrrrfect !' . >_>;

Ah , and many thanks for the comments people .

Mr Tibbers

08-31-2009

Uh, one thing. Level three of his ultimate completely removes any synergy it had with Fishbone Curse. I don't like how the ult switches effects so much...for instance, I might prefer to keep it at level 2 until lvl 18 if I played this hero myself. Or, if I felt like farming was a good idea, I'd stick with level one and opt not to increase it at all till 17. :/

blob

08-31-2009

hahaha nice idea dude GOO CATS >=D

ruaru

08-31-2009

Great idea polynaoh, I liked the "anti-farm" nuker idea hehe