Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did you really close HSGG's thread?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

judgeshowtunes

05-28-2011

Quote:
Liftdouble:
The difference between 7th and 8th seed is that much of a difference?!
If so, then the whole bracketing system is flawed, not just this minor switch. Just think if the Bulls had to play the 76ers and the Heat played the Pacers instead of the other way around. I would venture to say we would get the same results.

EG is considerably better than Whale, so yes. Whale just...they just lose, I guess. Never really seen them do anything else. The two getting switched around pretty much guaranteed TSM wins and gave CLG a good chance of losing (which they did, fairly).
Despite this, TSM is pretty amazing and deserves the spot, I think, but still, switching the brackets really set up a lopsided match path in their favor, against CLG.

Either way, CLG might just stomp through loser brackets anyways, and if not, then it didn't matter regardless. GJ EG anyways, played really well through and through.

Liftdouble

05-28-2011

Quote:
Hiactive:
The matchups would be different elton brand on boozer which would have shut him down so your comparison was stupid.

Brand is washed up.

But I digress, it appears as though from these responses that it is just the bracketing system that is flawed. Generally, both 7 and 8 should be underdogs and upsets if they defeat the 1 and 2. It sounds like the 7(or 8 after the switch) should have been seeded 2nd or 3rd.

Coola

05-28-2011

He can QQ all he wants, but even Phreak hinted at HSGG on stream. He said he likes player like Dan Dinh who have a level head and don't expect to be given everything to them because they think they are so good.

Dark Panda

05-28-2011

Sounds like QQ.

Picklecannon

05-28-2011

Quote:
The Odyssey:
Why?

I just hope karma comes back around for Riot's competitive management. You don't deserve to run this game."

Was closed? Really? He's not allowed to voice his opinion and complaint?

That part probably did it. It was unnecessary.

Man In Black20

05-28-2011

Riot knows they ****ed up and they don't want HotshotGG to get other people to realize this.

Tryagainuser

05-28-2011

Hotshot puts blame on what has already been resolved. Yes i do believe that it was unjust to have switched the seeding, however, hotshot's inability to carry game was their own loss in itself and his qq'ing over this situation is solely based on the fact that he is looking for a way out of being called a noob. "Derp, derp, I ult Nunu nao!"
I only wonder if bigfatjiji gets mad at hotshot for misrepresenting CLG on the forums. Everyone thinks they're like this, however, as far as i'm concerned, only hotshot is. My opinion, bench him next game, see the team synergy.

Exsnypre

05-28-2011

Quote:
Coola:
He can QQ all he wants, but even Phreak hinted at HSGG on stream. He said he likes player like Dan Dinh who have a level head and don't expect to be given everything to them because they think they are so good.

So Phreak likes cheaters, eh?

Tsundere

05-28-2011

Quote:
Hiactive:
The matchups would be different elton brand on boozer which would have shut him down so your comparison was stupid.

Boozer shuts himself down lol

Darathos

05-28-2011

Quote:
UVladbrolaf:
He cries too much. Seriously everytime he makes a post I can see the tears leaking through my monitor.

Thats because this game is his life, if he dosn't make it to the finnals its like not being promoted to management at work over that new guy who just transfered to your work place. Yeah the new guy knows a thing or two about the buisness, but you where employee of the month for almost a year straight! (refrence to the ladder)