Nasus Build Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

03-23-2010

Never initiate with your ult. People will just run back and wait it out. Always pop your ult when they are already commited.

roninsm

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
1. Doran's Shield
Doran's shield ftw!

Ulfhednar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

yeah i still need more levels and a nasus centered rune setup. still have all my runes in nunu mode. But this build seems powerful even with all my runes being AP/ magic penetration. will definitely need some different ones for nasus though. just finished a match at 15-1-1

using: chalice/mercury treads/aegis/triforce/leviathan

had leviathan up to 12 stacks at the end but the match finished. leviathan really just seems to make nasus a super pain to kill at that point. it just seems to cement the kill streak

BamSucka

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
Never initiate with your ult. People will just run back and wait it out. Always pop your ult when they are already commited.
I mostly agree with this. You aren't supposed to be the main initiator, leave that to Malphite, Cho or Amu. It's great when everyone is already in a teamfight, you pop your ult and head straight for the carry then smack their face with SS.

Sometimes though, you may be the main tank on your team (especially in a pub game) in which case I would run in to initiate and THEN pop the ult during the team fight.

Nasus is a baddass, he doesn't need many damage items, you just need to develop last hitting skills and your SS will be buff. All you need is a TriForce and you will wreck faces.

Pop the wither, pop the SF right behind them, run up smack them with SS and watch them cry.

jedininjaman

03-23-2010

Dont go AP on Nasus. Get Trinity Force, and crit chance stuff. You want to crit on siphon strike...
*thought this was obvious

roninsm

03-23-2010

Crit doesn't really have great returns. I've found that flat damage is better.

RHINO Mk II

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhednar View Post
At start: Amplifying tome + heal potion.
First Recall: Sheen + Berserker Greaves
Second: Guinsoo Rageblade
after that, i normally go for Force of Nature, Tiamat/Lichbane, and Starks Fervor, the order depending on which i need more, killing power or survivability.
At start: NO. Sapphire and 2 hp pots. You don't want to get AP.
First: Sheen is a good item. (Despite the AP) Greaves are not. You don't need crit at all, since SS bonus doesnt crit.
Second: NO. You don't want AP.
Others: FoN is bad, your HP isnt ungodly. Tiamat is bad, you farm well enough with SF. Lichbane is a JOKE, you dont want AP. Starks is a good item.

Nasus has 2 skills that scale with AP: SF and Ultimate. SF has a tiny tiny tiny ratio and is mostly used for its armor reduction rather than damage. Ultimate has a very low ratio as well. 200 AP for 1% drain per second.

Conclusion: Screw AP items. Get tank or aura items (Aegis is good) if youre focusing tank or hybrid. Otherwise I suggest Sheen and Phage into triforce for AD build.

IceDive

03-24-2010

SS bonus does crit! With trinity and infinity, you can get to critts of about 1k without any other damage items. Remember that SS improves auto-attack, it does not do magic damage.

roninsm

03-24-2010

Yes, it crits, but the returns from stacking crit are negligible. The crits from your natural crit are a nice bonus, but not something you should base a build on.

Dr Troll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

The best Nasus player I know is an offtank pusher. Nasus Pushes like a monster, is very tanky, and doesn't need damage items because his damage is very high when he ults anyway. AP Nasus just makes me cry.