Nasus Build Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulfhednar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

after a couple matches using roninsm' basic setup, this is the build i think ill use to start out as a basic gameplan

Starter: meki pendant +health potion +mana potion
First Recall: Chalice+boots
Second Recall: Aegis + treads/tabi upgrade
Third Recall: Sheen
Final Items: Chalice, Boots, Aegis, Trinity Force, Leviathan, Atma's Impaler(?) only got this far once lol

I switched from using clarity and improved exhaust to improved teleport and improved exhaust and have been liking teleport a lot. exhaust and wither is still too nice to pass on.

Between the build i was going and the one ive built using your suggestions

my average before was 15-9-3 (based on last 4 matches) and my new average is 13-1-3.( based on last 4) not to mention, there was much more fluctuation in score with my previous build.

which makes sense considering the switch from drain cannon to what i feel is the champ id least like to face.

BamSucka

03-22-2010

Why post and ask for suggestions then respond with, "yeah, yeah, yeah" when people give you advice?....I could be reading that wrong, but I'm not liking the tone.

Back on topic -

Must haves:
Aegis. Get it.
Sheen. Get it.
Flexibility from here on out.

I usually go Aegis, Boots, Sheen->Triforce, Sunfire/Banshees.

roninsm

03-22-2010

I've never tried Leviathan, but with the recent buff it may be worth it. How many stacks are you getting usually Ulfhednar?

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

there is a guide somewhere in the forums, youll probably find it under the comprehensive list of guides, and the one for nasus is really good. You get the following items in this order, and than put points in your skills in the following order:

Sheen
Mercury's Treads
Stark's Fervor
Nashor's Tooth
Infinity Edge/BloodThirster

1-Strike
2-Spirit
3-Strike
4-Wither
5-Wither
6-Ulti
7-Spirit
8-Strike
9-Wither
10-Wither
11-Ulti
12-Spirit
13-Strike
14-Strike
15-Wither
16-Ulti
17-Spirit
18-Spirit

use this build and youll own in any 1v1 or 2v1. if it becomes a 3v1 -> RUN

Ulfhednar

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamSucka View Post
Why post and ask for suggestions then respond with, "yeah, yeah, yeah" when people give you advice?....I could be reading that wrong, but I'm not liking the tone.
yeah sorry about that, sounded different in my head. it was more of a yeah keep it coming type thing as opposed to a yadda yadda yadda deal.

and as far as leviathan stacks, i seemed to get 8-10 on average, without really pushing for kills. been concentrating on keeping a super solid ratio, got sick of being called a feeder lol

Kajitii

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhednar View Post
and as far as leviathan stacks, i seemed to get 8-10 on average, without really pushing for kills. been concentrating on keeping a super solid ratio, got sick of being called a feeder lol
Sounds like you could do better than that, but I guess 8-10 stacks isn't bad. In my experience with Nasus, if you play like a team player, you should easily hit 14+. (unless Assists =/= +2 stack)

It's probably easier to score kills once you are learned in how other champions kill, and how to avoid eating CCs/DPS at the wrong time.

JoeCool808

03-22-2010

I have over 100 games with nasus. He's very difficult at first because he's so versatile. Most people say play him as a tank with a little dps, and I agree. But consider your team and the other team. If you're the main tank then you stack armor or MR accordingly. If you're not the main tank, once you get an aegis or 1 piece of tank gear that may be enough to let you start getting more dps items.

I used to get chalice, but since i got mana regen runes I dont need it anymore and I can go straight to sheen.
My core build is sheen and merc treads. then i get some tank gear and then dps stuff. You really don't need very much dps, 1 or 2 items at most. I acutally played a game today where I out crit'ed a fed twitch at +1100 who had IE, BT, and black cleaver when I had a Triforce and BT. It was crazy.
Tank gear: Thornmail, Fon, Aegis, banshees, guardian angel
Dps: Trinity, Starks, BT(if someone already has Starks)

Summoner Spells: Cleanse and Teleport
why cleanse? You have two aoes, lifesteal, and a slow, if you get cc'd you are missing your chance to do damage and help your team.
why teleport? SF is an amazing pushing tool and you are a great pushing machine. Having teleport helps you be there to save teammates, towers, and to destroy towers.

Abilities
All you need is 3 points in SF and a sheen and you can take out the back row with SF, which makes easy last hits for your SF. I level wither after that until it's equal with SF, and then alternate, that way you don't waste as much mana with SF when wither is a flat 100 mana. Level SS last, if you have a sheen you don't have to worry as much about waiting for low health minions. Your ult is not as significant at level 6, so don't think you're invincible. At level 11 when you get to the 2nd point, then you can start being a more effective tank.

Typical Game Play:
Laning: do your best for farming and improving SS. You can take some damage. And if your tower isn't taking damage and your teammate isn't dying, you're not losing so you don't have to be desperate for ganks. Let them make the mistake. A combo of slow, SF, and SS with sheen proc will hurt if they try anything.
Pushing: Do it, more money, and more progress. Have some map awareness and know when to leave.
Teamfights: Do not initiate. Once it does start, slow the carry, R, drop SF, spam SS. Cleanse when you get stunned or cc'd. Try not to leave your teammates. If you win, look for opportunities to push.

Voidgolem

03-22-2010

1: Sapphire Crystal + Pots
2: Sheen + boots
3: Aegis
4: HoG/Sunfire/Banshees/Leviathan (depending on enemy team and income)

Kriptini

03-23-2010

1. Doran's Shield
2. Sapphire Crystal
3. Vampiric Scepter
4. Ninja Tabi
5. Sheen
6. Aegis of the Legion
7. Sell Ninja Tabi, get Mercury Treads
8. Stark's Fervor
9. Pretty much whatever you want, and feel free to sell Doran's Shield for something better.

Souchie

03-23-2010

Nassus is both a good tank as a lane pusher. Even without extra magic power your aoe easily goes trough creeps.

And in your ulti form you can easily tank/initiate an fight. What I then often do is throw my aoe on to my allies instead of my enemies I've noticed they will be a lot less inclined to attack them at melee range. Then use your slow on any that try to escape.