Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus Build Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulfhednar

03-22-2010

Howdy Folks,

I started playing nasus about two-three weeks ago, and since i had recieved so many" noob stop feeding the enemy" comments while playing other characters, i figured id just do practice for the first bit. So now im looking to take nasus out of my bullpen and want to make sure my setup is competitive in more then just practice so here goes:

At start: Amplifying tome + heal potion.
First Recall: Sheen + Berserker Greaves
Second: Guinsoo Rageblade
after that, i normally go for Force of Nature, Tiamat/Lichbane, and Starks Fervor, the order depending on which i need more, killing power or survivability.

The items i have questions about are the rage blade and the final items(i.e. Force of Nature, Tiamat/Lichbane, Starks Fervor). since i really havent seen a guide that fits the way i like to play nasus(single target burst dmg monster), ive really just been kind of winging it.

oh, for what difference it makes, ive been using improved exhaust and clarity as my summoner spells

Any feedback, whether i should try something completely different or whatever, would be appreciated. thank in advance

03-22-2010

I recently tried him.

I tried 3 setups: magic power build, atk power build and tank/support build.

magic power is half decent you can push lanes really quickly.
atk power is a bit meh too many heroes that are just better then you at dealing melee dmg.
tank build = awesome. That is what you good at.

If you want to be useful I highly recommend the last.

What I ended up in my last game was:

As a tank you basically need 3 things. Life, armor and magic resist.

This is what I build and it worked well:
Warden's Mail (gives you the needed armor / hp regen)
Ninja Tabi (you need boots.. extra armor + evasion)
Spirit Visage ( gives you the needed m.def / hp regen) You might want to switch this items around with the wardens mail depending on what you lane against.

If your team is doing well I recommend an Leviathan that gives you a huge boost in life and if you get full stacks you get 15% resist.
Or else make an Warmog's Armor

Now our team didn't have much in the way of slows at this point so I made an Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
After that I just made an Phantom Dancer for the hell of it we where winning anyway and the extra evasion helps quite a bit.

Summon skills: mana + ghost. Mana because I notice that a lot of DD's don't build enough mana regen items it helps a lot of you just killed 1 or 2 heroes and you just pushed past a tower and everyone is low mana you can restore it. And it helps you a huge deal early game you can spam your aoe nearly non stop even without mana regen items. And ghost to get out of those tight situations or allow you to rush in to save an ally.

That setup ended me up with 4.5k hp, 182 armor, 63 magic def, 11 evasion (from items)

YellowSnowsicle

03-22-2010

Nasus is a great secondary tank (ie. not initiating, but wades in after initiation). I usually do:

1. Ruby crystal (if you have plenty of mana regen through runes and masteries)
2. Work your way towards an aegis, getting boots somewhere inbetween the pieces.
3. Merc treads.
4. Trinity force.
5. Sunfire cape/whatever needed.

Valldor

03-22-2010

So when i play Nasus it is mostly tank but with the capability of smashing a carries face in at the same time. I feel that Nasus is really good at that ^^

What i normally do is start with a dorans shield and a health pot, to get some nice lane ability off the start. I focus on raising up my siphon strike as much as i can.

These are the items i usually get:

1. Boots
2. Aegis of the Legion (really a great item for Nasus and your entire team will love you)
3. Sheen

Later:

1. Boots - > Ninja Tabi / Mercury Treads (depends on enemy composition)
2. Catalyst
3. Sheen -> Trinity Force

4a. Catalyst -> Banshee's Veil
4b. Frozen Heart
*Which you get first depends on enemy composition, melee or caster heavy*

By now the game should be over but if it is not that last item can be whatever you want.

With that Trinity Force you're Q is gona smack really hard, and with your ult on and spirit fire debuff a carry is going to be scared when you beeline for their face. (I use ghost for that reason)

IceDive

03-22-2010

First of all, lich bane on nasus is not good, you are way better of with trinity force. Nasus is best played as a tank/dps hybrid. I am by no means pro, but i do have a 2:1 win record with nasus after over 80 games.

My build: (not carved in stone, depends on team setup and such things)

health crystal --> aegis of the legion

boots --> Mercury treads

sheen --> trinity

If you have 2 physical damage carries, get Stark's after sheen. If the game is still going when you have aegis, boots and trinity (this is very rare) get whatever you need.

Are you the one tank and do you die quickly? Get armor or mr
Is your team lacking DPS? Get infinity

Oh, and as summoner spells I use exhaust and heal.
(if you find yourself in manaproblems, I suggest you use mana regen runes)

I hope this helps...

Ulfhednar

03-22-2010

yeah, yeah,yeah.
all interesting stuff. im off to give each of em a try( just practice atm) to see how i like em. thanks for all the help so far

roninsm

03-22-2010

1. Never get rageblade. It's only worth it if you can keep 8 stacks all the time, and Nasus can't.

2. Never get lichbane. Pointless item on nasus. Tri-Force is much, much better.

3. Get Aegis.

4. Please don't get tiamat. Another useless item (useless on everyone, not just Nasus).

5. Don't get Attack Speed. You do damage based on SS, so as long as you can attack every 2 seconds or so (0.5 AS), you have all you need.

6. Read my guide for a detailed build and playing strategies. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=62154

There is some good discussion in that thread too.

Kajitii

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Quote:
Ulfhednar:
Howdy Folks,

I started playing nasus about two-three weeks ago, and since i had recieved so many" noob stop feeding the enemy" comments while playing other characters, i figured id just do practice for the first bit. So now im looking to take nasus out of my bullpen and want to make sure my setup is competitive in more then just practice so here goes:

At start: Amplifying tome + heal potion.

At that point, I just went "EWW EWW EWW EWW EWW" and then went "EWW" some more. Reason? It only helps Spirit Fire and your ult, and the returns are terribad. You can definitely choose a better starter item than that! You had the right idea of going for a Sheen though.

Try not to get hybrid items (AD + AP) since you're mostly wasting money. Case in point, don't get Guinsoo's Rageblade.

Ulfhednar

03-22-2010

here is my reasoning on my item choice(should have had it in the original post, soz).

the lichbane/rage blade combo seems to be most of my damage against other champs. the attack speed, ap and attack dmg of rage blade just seems to fit well with nasus natural life steal. also, soloing every neutral up to dragon at level 8 is easy with this combo, and jungling gets a lot of extra damage for me for SS.

Force of Nature i like because when you use your ultimate, force of nature makes it buff your healing per 5 seconds by a nice amount,

Tiamat i tested out a bit more and now i understand why people dont use it. the extra damage and regens was nice but it was much harder to get as many last hits with SS.

gonna go do a few more runs with the info from your guide roninsm, after considering aegis it definetely seems like it would be a good fit, gonna give it a try.

and yeah the starter items are a holdover from my nunu days, since you pointed it out i switched to sapphire to start.

DayInTheSun

03-22-2010

Because Nasus is a semi-tank, one problem that I used to have with him was running in thinking I was jesus on rollerskates because of my ult. You just have to realize that you can never, ever, ever, initiate. Wait until another tank or player is duking it out, come in and wither the DPS, drop SF, and pop your ult in the middle of a fight (just make sure no one CC's you!).

That's how I mostly play him and I don't get a lot of kills, but I don't die very often either. I guess you could say that what works for me when playing Nasus is to play more of a support tanky style that can turn the tide of a team fight.

Although he advertises his guide on seemingly every Nasus thread out there, give roninsm's guide a read through. It was very informative and helped me a lot with my Nasus.