"...please do not participate in The Tribunal."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Errant

05-28-2011

Quote:
If you do not wish to receive these email notifications, please do not participate in The Tribunal.
Err... really? The email provides absolutely no useful information other than that '5 cases were judged, you got 25 ip!' which I don't really care about and would not even notice the ip if I wasn't told. If these things are going to start getting judged and processed faster we're going to get spammed with these messages...

Not that I care terribly, but that seems rather blunt. "If you don't want us to spam you, don't help us judge cases!" Isn't there a less silly way to go about this?

ChiefDjango

05-28-2011

Just mark as spam if you don't want to see the emails. Some people like them as a convenience, or affirmation if they're just doing it for the ip.

KamaitachiTrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Huntsman

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant View Post
Err... really? The email provides absolutely no useful information other than that '5 cases were judged, you got 25 ip!' which I don't really care about and would not even notice the ip if I wasn't told. If these things are going to start getting judged and processed faster we're going to get spammed with these messages...

Not that I care terribly, but that seems rather blunt. "If you don't want us to spam you, don't help us judge cases!" Isn't there a less silly way to go about this?
Interesting idea that we may get spammed...

However, I believe I read somewhere that Riot has said they'll send out emails like this with what you've been credited with once a week. Somewhat hard to be spammed with one email a week, but that's just me.

And also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefDjango View Post
Just mark as spam if you don't want to see the emails. Some people like them as a convenience, or affirmation if they're just doing it for the ip.
What Chief here said, if you really don't want the e-mail, go ahead and mark as spam. Still be credited, likely, but you won't have to put up with the e-mails once a week.

I personally like the e-mails - if it says I took part in 12 cases that were judged, and I got 60 IP, that means I made every single answer a correct one (which means all of those individuals got what was coming to them - a punish, and I believe one pardon.)

-Trey