HP Build DPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TRAPCARD

08-30-2009

So we were just in a game and the enemy Master Yi is jungling, not a prob right? Well what he does is rushes out a frozen mallet, boots then a warmongs then procedes to rape the whole team with 5 k health end game(No im not joking).Even though he had no crit items his chance was pretty decent, it seems all he had to do was out last people only critting for 300, but with 2k hp early game compared to my 900 as ashe this was next to impossible. His score was around 16 and 0 with only 3 items. What happened to Master Yi being a glass cannon. Now it seems he can boardline jax with this new HP build. Why does an HP build work on almost all the DPS characters without having any downfall? Advice on how to counter would be helpful, but as far as this goes, it all seems very broken to me.

Elmentar

08-30-2009

Well... no one really expects a bulky Yi, which is part of why he gets easy kills off of foolish solo'rs. I don't really know how to counter it, because I use a similar strategy myself, and it works wonders if you get the items.

L0CUST

The Council

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAPCARD View Post
So we were just in a game and the enemy Master Yi is jungling, not a prob right? Well what he does is rushes out a frozen mallet, boots then a warmongs then procedes to rape the whole team with 5 k health end game(No im not joking).Even though he had no crit items his chance was pretty decent, it seems all he had to do was out last people only critting for 300, but with 2k hp early game compared to my 900 as ashe this was next to impossible. His score was around 16 and 0 with only 3 items. What happened to Master Yi being a glass cannon. Now it seems he can boardline jax with this new HP build. Why does an HP build work on almost all the DPS characters without having any downfall? Advice on how to counter would be helpful, but as far as this goes, it all seems very broken to me.
they made yi's +dmg per level go from 1.1 to 3. he doesn't need many +dmg items to do insane damage anymore =( really needs nerfed. Anways, counter it with a tank + focus fire. Amumu is probably the best option, despair + AoE root = great. Stack some armor (~250 is generally good, depends on the rest of their teams makeup)

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

or you could ya know, gank him in the jungle? farming a frozen mallet and a warmogs would take a quite a while. If you let anyone freefarm for that long then expect to get stomped

Vindico Atrum

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenToedPete View Post
or you could ya know, gank him in the jungle? farming a frozen mallet and a warmogs would take a quite a while. If you let anyone freefarm for that long then expect to get stomped
Should have been first reply in the thread, and pretty much the last too.

JayceJa

08-31-2009

frozen heart kills melee dpsers, get that with wardens mail and tank jax will cry at his new damage output