Some thoughts about black cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xrats

03-22-2010

I want you opinion on this guys.

Is it ok to use black cleaver if you start with 35 armor pen(runes and masteries)?

Vs targets with high armor Last Whisper is better.
Vs targets with low armor it should be deadly,but shouldnt armor pen just be enough?You could use more armor pen after like brutalizer or Sword of the divine(which would work better vs towers also).

If the enemy has low armor and u cause 60 armor reduction to him/her with black cleaver isnt then the armor pen go wasted since his/her armor will be 0 or less?

On the other hand its good in a battle not to focus on enemy tanks since other enemies deal dmg to your team.Does this make Last Whisper not so viable?

What do you believe?

xahhfink6

03-22-2010

Well, in most cases a character will end up with more armor than this, the average character gets up to 70 or 80 armor, and if they do they they will be very squishy... other notes are that the armor REDUCTION (not penetration, just reduction) can go below 0, meaning that your damage will actually be more than your max/tooltip... finally, you wont be hitting 60 armor reduction until the 6th hit, so the armor pen will still be increasing your damage more than the other hits.

As far as Last Whisper vs. Black Cleaver, there is currently a discussion on the first page about this argument, so all I'm going to say about them is dont use them together.

Voidgolem

03-22-2010

You can drive someone into the negative with Cleaver, you can't with penetration.

*shrug*

Don't forget it's got +75 damage as well as allowing your teammates to take advantage of reduced armor.

So...I guess it's down to personal preference.

Spoing

03-22-2010

And golem/lizards is allot easier with -36 armor on them. Last whisper is meh because it is stronger when they get 150+ armor. That is the amount a tank gets. And you shouldn't target a tank anyways. So i say black cleaver>>>last whisper.