The Tribunal is Voluntary!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ubershot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

The IP you get is only but a BONUS for a little bit of "community service".

Also we are NOT doing Riot's job for them, they have actually blessed us with the "power" to make a difference in the community.

WE report the players
WE pass judgement

It is a process yes, but it is our way of telling Riot "WE don't think this person belongs here"

I, just like many many others, would judge on The Tribunal for FREE. Just as long as I know I'm making a difference. The tiny bit of IP awarded to me for my time and loyalty is in fact a nice little gesture.

You don't like it, don't use it. It was NEVER meant to be an IP farming tool. Even better, The Tribunal will clean itself up from slackers and maybe in the end only dedicated responsible mature Judges will be left, and who knows, maybe they lock it up and remains an elite merit base membership feature kinda thing.

To all you Judges out there, may your justice be fair and swift!

Ubershot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

^

Kial

05-28-2011

I agree.

I spend an average of 10 minutes on each case because I want to give fair judgement even if the first report is clearly worth punishment.

I would do it for free I do think the reward and speed you can do them is to high. BUT that is just my personal opinion.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubershot View Post
The IP you get is only but a BONUS for a little bit of "community service".

Also we are NOT doing Riot's job for them, they have actually blessed us with the "power" to make a difference in the community.

WE report the players
WE pass judgement

It is a process yes, but it is our way of telling Riot "WE don't think this person belongs here"

I, just like many many others, would judge on The Tribunal for FREE. Just as long as I know I'm making a difference. The tiny bit of IP awarded to me for my time and loyalty is in fact a nice little gesture.

You don't like it, don't use it. It was NEVER meant to be an IP farming tool. Even better, The Tribunal will clean itself up from slackers and maybe in the end only dedicated responsible mature Judges will be left, and who knows, maybe they lock it up and remains an elite merit base membership feature kinda thing.

To all you Judges out there, may your justice be fair and swift!
Thanks a ton for posting this - I was sincerely getting sick of repeating myself on these same points to every thread I posted in.

You're absolutely right on every single point, +1.

-Trey

BlinksMcgee

05-28-2011

I dont care if they offer ip, but we are doing their job for them if you consider judging reports their job. It's giving a task that cant be completed by computers to humans. They have similar things for captchas. They did it because it was impossible to handle the reports for millions of players with a staff of hundreds.

xBoo

05-28-2011

so many people QQ about how little IP they got,Honestly you dont HAVE to do it you know >.>..

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinksMcgee View Post
I dont care if they offer ip, but we are doing their job for them if you consider judging reports their job. It's giving a task that cant be completed by computers to humans. They have similar things for captchas. They did it because it was impossible to handle the reports for millions of players with a staff of hundreds.
You are one of many individuals who don't read the FAQ then where it says they still preside over these cases and finalize what punishment each of these cases deserves.

So no, we're not doing their job, we're telling them, in our opinion, whether this case should be punished or pardoned, and this case, and this case... they still have to read the cases and figure out which side was "right" and how harsh a punishment should be. That is their job, our job is to make use of a system they put in place to better help them ORGANIZE their cases, IF you can even call it that.

So I utterly disagree that we're doing their jobs for them, we're contributing in our own way as they do their jobs.

-Trey
P.S. As always, this is my opinion, if you disagree, no problem.