Leaving a game/Allied Champions/Forfeiting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achenar

08-30-2009

Another couple of quick notes from me, based on a couple of games.

Losing your connection to the game counts as a leave. I'm pretty sure there's not much that can be done about this, but for someone who makes a point of never leaving a game it's a bit annoying to have that marred by a lost connection that couldn't be prevented. I've noticed there are a couple of different messages when a player leaves, but I'm not sure if they distinguish between someone leaving and someone losing connection. Perhaps a flag could be sent to the server when a user actually leaves the game/program? I dunno.

After selecting a champion for a game, when in the lobby with your team, it would be spectacular to be able to view some form of summary of your teammates' champions. I don't know the game that well yet - I don't know all the champions. Even if a mouseover just shows the tags associated with that champion, it would help a lot; if I know my team is entirely made of squishies I'll change my champion to something tanky.

When a teammember leaves the game, it would be great if their champion didn't spend the rest of the game chilling at spawn. It's a little frustrating - you KNOW you're one down, and every time you return to shop/spawn their champion is standing there, taunting you....

And finally, a team vote to forfeit would be spectacular. Some games - like where one team member leaves/disconnects early in the game - it's pretty clear early on that one team is going to win, at which point it's just a matter of time. Being able to vote for a forfeit would minimise frustration at having to play a losing game.

All that said, I would like to say that so far LoL has been incredible fun, without a lot of the frustration that I've experienced when getting rolled in DotA.

NYSE

08-31-2009

I think you'r right about the disconexion things. but even if someone never leave and have a ****ty conexion that make him ''leave'' the game, its the same thing to me. With the system in place, people will be able to juge if you are a leaver or not based on your stats. Ex: some one join the game with 355 win and 307 lost 22 leave Vs some one with 10 win 0 lost 7 leave. 6% leave Vs 70% leaving. The probleme with that is the AFK, is there anysystem that can kick them out right now ? -Afk 10 min kick vote of dota work well in my opinion. getting you kick has an afkers should result in a leave. I totaly agree with you about the forfeit im just wondering if its not just there right now, and forfeit should obviously give a lose.

For the lobby thing i think its possible to see your ally pick on the top but note your ennemies. I've just played 5 games yet.

Achenar

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSE View Post
For the lobby thing i think its possible to see your ally pick on the top but note your ennemies. I've just played 5 games yet.
You can see the champion's icon, but at least in my experience there's no mouseover or such to give you a summary of the character. That means that if I want to change my class to help balance a team, I'll need to have memorised the icons and information of every single hero...

Pandemic Smiles

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achenar View Post
Losing your connection to the game counts as a leave. I'm pretty sure there's not much that can be done about this, but for someone who makes a point of never leaving a game it's a bit annoying to have that marred by a lost connection that couldn't be prevented. I've noticed there are a couple of different messages when a player leaves, but I'm not sure if they distinguish between someone leaving and someone losing connection. Perhaps a flag could be sent to the server when a user actually leaves the game/program? I dunno.
It's entirely possible to tell the difference between leaving and disconnecting (the former says "I exited", the latter just goes quiet). However it ISN'T possible to tell the difference between an innocent disconnection, and the user exploiting an honest feature by pulling out their network cable for a second, then going off to play a new.

Also, they're adding surrender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Yesterday in an internal playtest, they surrendered, and it was good.
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...t=7362&page=12

There's a page and a half worth of hints to the fact. Oh and the thread's full of the reds leaking info, e.g. Janna's new spell and how Teemo will be more awesome. Have fun!

Achenar

08-31-2009

Thanks a load for that, Axi, on both counts. Unfortunately when I'm in the midst of a game I tend to only barely get a glimpse at the message, so I wasn't certain it did distinguish between the two.

As for the surrender - that's brilliant. Will read through that one - thanks for the info!

Codfish

08-31-2009

One more addition: When all players leave a game, there should be a notification, and the remaining team should be credited with either a win or a no decision of sorts. It's kind of annoying to have to play out a game if you don't want to add a "leave" to your profile.