Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tristana as a late game tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Quindo

Recruiter

03-21-2010

I recently have started to get really high hp and lifesteal with trist and have been carrying the late game well. One specific game i ended with around 3500 max hp and 27 kills. is anyone else doing this?

Kajitii

Recruiter

03-21-2010

I did that as Twitch once, but the only reason why I went tanky and DPS was because the other team had a Twitch that wouldn't fking stop getting Oracle's and trying to feed arrows up my ass. (too bad he doesn't have a see-into-grass or see-through-walls potion, har har)

I'm not sure why you have that much HP, but based on your kills I'd have to say the other team wasn't particularly clever. And it seems quite unlikely that you'd be able to pull that off in a mid-high elo game.

xrats

03-22-2010

If you managed to do this then it simply means one thing:You were playing vs very weak opponents.Tristana is a deadly carry,not a tank.

Master Quindo

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Quote:
xrats:
If you managed to do this then it simply means one thing:You were playing vs very weak opponents.Tristana is a deadly carry,not a tank.

I just had another game where i went tankish and the game lasted 1 hour 10 minutes. get high HP and life steal works well for trist in really late game esp if you can stack some items high.

pannra

03-23-2010

This community is jacked. If a specific person says something they might get instagibbed auto vote no, hahahaha you're response is now hidden(look at the tourney threads bout last weekend). Yet this guy's talking about tanky tristana builds that are only viable in games that last more than an hour and not a single thumbs down? Yeh community is jacked nuff said.

Master Quindo

Recruiter

03-23-2010

Quote:
pannra:
This community is jacked. If a specific person says something they might get instagibbed auto vote no, hahahaha you're response is now hidden(look at the tourney threads bout last weekend). Yet this guy's talking about tanky tristana builds that are only viable in games that last more than an hour and not a single thumbs down? Yeh community is jacked nuff said.

Lol, that may be. However, its doing something unexpected that can throw the other team off guard. Everyone expects certain characters to do certain things with their builds. By trying to mix it up some you can make the opponents builds less effective. One major advantage to getting more tanky HP as trist is you can survive a Stun feast long enough to start attacking again and getting life steal back it becomes extremely difficult to die.

About this only being viable in really long games a short game can get some good out of a tanky trist, in a team battle when someone comes up from behind they normally go for the DPS/low max HP person that is closest to the, AKA trist. Being able to tank some damage can give the rest of the team time to react.

I am starting to favor Warmogs armor for trist along with blood thirster and phage/frozen mallet. My AS and MS depending on things such as who i am fighting and what not.

I hope to play some of you at some point in time and test out my trist build vs you, I am only level 17 so as soon as i hit 20 and spend my 9000 ip on runes I will be able to play a even stronger trist.

Going tanky trist is a lot easier to do when fed, but that is kind of the point. Unless you know what to do when your fed you will not help the team out much.

Nucmam

03-23-2010

To be honest man. People shouldn't write guides or give advice if they aren't level 30 summoners. You just don't have the experience yet.

Master Quindo

Recruiter

03-23-2010

Quote:
Nucmam:
To be honest man. People shouldn't write guides or give advice if they aren't level 30 summoners. You just don't have the experience yet.

I am not giving guides, i was looking for feedback. See if anyone else has tried this and how much they have tried this.

KarenSuck

Recruiter

03-24-2010

IMO, if the game lasts more than 45mins, both teams are doing something wrong. Pushing is crucial to all games.

As feedback for you, Carries in general don't need more than 2500 HP, assume your tank is doing his job. If the game prolongs and you always get focused, getting HP items and impaler is viable too.

Also life steal doesnt work too well with HP items. you need AS/AD to actually steal enough health. You only need to have enough HP.

Kyile

03-24-2010

Trist might have more hp from pickin up a Frozen mallet.

However I play teemo and shut trist/twitch down.

Runnin Exaust/Blind most melee/auto ranged toons = ggame.

However a good trist should stick with her party and reserve that Flash/jump for those times that will help best.

I wouldn't roll tank mode unless ur farmed and don't have any tanks (and even then still might pass up).