Server is currently busy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corporal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-28-2011

Whenever I try to login to LoL right now, I get a message that "The server is currently busy. Please try again later." However i have checked server status and, it's online and perfectly fine. Also I had the ability to play earlier today.

Merthalimew

05-28-2011

This started happening to me wednesday at about 6 PM CST and now I can't play. I wish they would fix this problem ASAP.

Or I wish they'd tell us a better way to fix the problem.

Illadelphs

05-31-2011

So after establishing that the problem does lie within IE, i finally found the fix. I use Vista as my OS, but the OS of your system should not affect this fix. Simply go into IE(does not matter what version). Scroll to the top right toolbar, and click tools. Then go to Internet options. Go over to the last tab, which is advanced, then scroll down to the Security section in settings. Uncheck the 4th and 5th box which read check for publisher and server certificate.

This will fix your problem.

AllenTheGreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-31-2011

Try doing this
(Note: These need to be done in Internet Explorer, as this is the browser that LoL relies on) -

Quote:
Download Internet Explorer 8( if you don't already have it )
- Make sure IE8 isn't set to Work Offline. If it is, uncheck this.
- Within Internet Explorer 8, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings
- Make sure everything is unchecked, apart from possibly "Automatically Detect Settings"
- Failing this, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset/Restore Defaults
- Failing this, try reinstalling IE8.

Kazzier

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadedone View Post
So after establishing that the problem does lie within IE, i finally found the fix. I use Vista as my OS, but the OS of your system should not affect this fix. Simply go into IE(does not matter what version). Scroll to the top right toolbar, and click tools. Then go to Internet options. Go over to the last tab, which is advanced, then scroll down to the Security section in settings. Uncheck the 4th and 5th box which read check for publisher and server certificate.

This will fix your problem.
Sadly did not work for me, tried everything I can think of, reinstalled the game, reinstalled Internet explorer, done all peoples suggestions. Nothing.

Reinstalling Windows 7 now. Hopefully that will solve it.

Kazzier

05-31-2011

AllenTheGreat, I have tried everything you have suggested and I am still getting this ""retrieving data from server" that clearly isn't connecting proplery. I have not added nor removed any patches to Windows or IE.

Doing a full Windows reinstall now. Something has changed, and its not client side, I am positive about this.

AllenTheGreat

Recruiter

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazzier View Post
Sadly did not work for me, tried everything I can think of, reinstalled the game, reinstalled Internet explorer, done all peoples suggestions. Nothing.

Reinstalling Windows 7 now. Hopefully that will solve it.
Make sure your Firewalls and Anti-Virus Software aren't interfering with the game (Make sure it's listed as an Exception), Also, If you are using a Router, check and make sure these ports are forwarded(Unblocked)
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

Also, can you check and see if you can connect to this URL?
https://lq.eu.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/

Kazzier

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenTheGreat View Post
Make sure your Firewalls and Anti-Virus Software aren't interfering with the game (Make sure it's listed as an Exception), Also, If you are using a Router, check and make sure these ports are forwarded(Unblocked)
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends
I don't use a router, so that's not the issue,
I only use Windows Firewall, which is turned off (For the purpose of this)
I have uninstalled my Virus protection to make sure it is not interfering,

Still will not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenTheGreat View Post
Also, can you check and see if you can connect to this URL?
https://lq.eu.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/
"Login Queue is available." - Yes, that works.

I am at a loss, I see no reason why it wouldn't be working. I know however I am not the only one having this issue.

AllenTheGreat

Recruiter

05-31-2011

Is(was) your Windows 7 fully updated?

Kazzier

05-31-2011

Completely updated, I even removed some of the recent updates to previous times when I knew LoL was working accordingly. No difference in connection to the server however.