@Riot The problem with Tribunal and how to change it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Shudragon

05-28-2011

NOTE: This thread is not about IP. I do not care about how much IP I am getting and this has been calculated in a much larger thread here on the forum. This is about trying to improve the tribunal's features.

How do you judge a case where half the games are non legitimate reports, and the other half are?

I mean I've seen cases where only like half the games were legit (leaving/afk, negative attitude/comments, feeding, etc.) and the others were like 1 person reported them because they got raged at and didnt like it. I mean, what do you do in that case? It has to be punish because they broke the summoner's code in half of the games, but some of it wasn't that bad and the guy was having a bad day or whatever. I think the tribunal should give out individual GAME reports, not CASES, because it is that much easier to judge an individual game than like 12, where it could swing in either direction, and should just be handled by admins at that point.

Another thing I think should be added are TIMESTAMPS on the chatlog. Not global time, just the time spent in game so far (I.E. minion spawn, baron spawn, specific phases in game such as laning, the transition to ganking, etc. can all be much easier to see)

TL;DR my point is that instead of CASES involving 10+ games, the tribunal should be broken down into individual GAMES to be judged, at least by the summoner tribunal. It is easier and much more likely to get accurate results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I think I'm also going to compile a thread list for some good ideas forum posters have had on tribunal changes.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=787180
We need more notifications! Left the game, disconnected, kills, deaths, etc.as well as being able to relate this information to the chatlog (seeing when an ace, double, triple kill happens, etc.) that might be causing these people's rage.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=786755
Some great suggestions overall and a community response.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=787208
I can agree with this. It allows us to differentiate between high level players that both have a higher chance of having a high number of reports because of their number of games played, as well as seeing the conduct of newer players and perhaps giving them a break OR seeing that they are a smurf account and can be dealt with accordingly.

EDIT2: Really guys? Downvotes because I am trying to start a legit thread on how to change features in the tribunal for the better? This community is completely asinine. If you have anything constructive to say, or an idea, please feel free to post, but don't post "1 game he left so must press punish" heard it two weeks ago don't want to hear it anymore.

Brahms

05-28-2011

I think that the combination of behaviors exhibited in all 10 games, even if they were not all "punishable" offenses, should lead you to a conclusion about whether or not that player should be punished.

For instance, if someone has been reported in 10 games, but half of them are for "raging" and the other half are "Leaving/AFK" or "Intentionally feeding," even 5 games with the latter two offenses is still punishable. Add to that 5 games of poor sportsmanship and I am even more likely to condemn said player.

While everyone makes heated remarks sometimes, intentionally ruining a game by going AFK--or worse, purposely feeding--leads me to click the fist.

Wevomif

05-28-2011

I don't agree with you. I have seen and even had games that I died a lot and my team called me feeder, but it was just one bad game. If you would get that game to judge you would punish me right away. But if you saw my other games you would know it wasn't intentional. on other hand. If someone has few games of this type in a short time, it means he does that intentionally. If you judge a single game you can hurt a honest player who just had a bad game.

Sir Shudragon

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
I think that the combination of behaviors exhibited in all 10 games, even if they were not all "punishable" offenses, should lead you to a conclusion about whether or not that player should be punished.

For instance, if someone has been reported in 10 games, but half of them are for "raging" and the other half are "Leaving/AFK" or "Intentionally feeding," even 5 games with the latter two offenses is still punishable. Add to that 5 games of poor sportsmanship and I am even more likely to condemn said player.

While everyone makes heated remarks sometimes, intentionally ruining a game by going AFK--or worse, purposely feeding--leads me to click the fist.
Yes, I agree with this, but my point is that if you change the system to just be individual games, not only would the process of judging them in the tribunal be much simpler for most people but would be more likely to get accurate results.

Sir Shudragon

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wevomif View Post
I don't agree with you. I have seen and even had games that I died a lot and my team called me feeder, but it was just one bad game. If you would get that game to judge you would punish me right away. But if you saw my other games you would know it wasn't intentional. on other hand. If someone has few games of this type in a short time, it means he does that intentionally. If you judge a single game you can hurt a honest player who just had a bad game.
I see your point. You are saying that through judging only one game, you don't get all of the facts and a less detailed view of the player. However, I think that a 1 game system can lead to less bias based on how the judge feels about the player and more about what the player actually did. And I myself have had some crappy games, I know what you mean.

Sir Shudragon

05-28-2011

Bump, also if you have thread suggestions or have started your own thread with some good ideas I will add it to the list.

Mitey Oosik

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingoistGuerrila View Post
I see your point. You are saying that through judging only one game, you don't get all of the facts and a less detailed view of the player. However, I think that a 1 game system can lead to less bias based on how the judge feels about the player and more about what the player actually did. And I myself have had some crappy games, I know what you mean.
Disagree. It would be more of a mistaken "bias". All it takes is 4 premade and 1 solo, those 4, for whatever reason does not like that one........now you are having to judge based on a biased team. Single game judging would ruin the community. We would see too many good ppl being banned and too many bad ppl slipping through the cracks.

inFe eD

05-28-2011

This... is a unique way to see things. Less data = more accurate results is not a very popular, or particular sane, argument.

Sir Shudragon

05-28-2011

You guys aren't seeing the argument. You shouldn't HAVE to see 12 games to make a decision on a summoner. The tribunal system itself should provide you with enough information to make the decision based on the individual game, and at the moment it is nowhere close.

LegitimateStrat

05-28-2011

read the chats to see if offensive language complaints are true. Or if they complain that he was an afk/leaver, look at the champion level. If he only made it to level 5 after half an hour, he was clearly an afk/leaver.