Team color inconsistency

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seption

08-12-2009

I'm okay with the fact that the game uses blue and red for the team colors, the sound bites that go along with it, etc. However, when it gets confusing is with some of the other events that happen in the game.

For example, when the two icons pop up after a hero kills another hero, one of them has a green circle around the icon (your teammate), and the other has a red circle (the other team's hero). Why not just use red and blue again? It's the worst when you are on the red team, and someone on your team gets a kill, but it looks like your teammate actually dies because his hero has a red circle around his icon.

Maybe i'm just being picky, but some consistency between the team colors, whether they appear on the colors of the creeps, the hero death icons, the color of the text in chat, etc... would be awesome.

Kadak

08-28-2009

I agree and was thinking about this too. The portrait circles and even the life bars are red and green. (being colorblind this makes it difficult to tell often) but if they were red and blue like the team colors...no problems there!

So my vote is to be consistent with blue and red and get rid of green all together.

Baccata

08-28-2009

I agree too. It's better to have consistent colors or no color at all (then, allies are always green and ennemies are alwats red)

Geddian

08-28-2009

Agreed. Voice clips could be changed to "Your Team" and "Enemy Team", as colors mean relatively nothing.

balsafresh

08-28-2009

I get so used to seeing enemies on the blue team with red health bars and circles around them that when I hear "red team has destroyed a turret" or something like that I can't tell who they're talking about.

Saraqael

08-29-2009

This. Sooo this. Playing on the red team can be horribly confusing-the minimap also needs a mention, since the blue team is red on the minimap when you are red.. its such a confusing mess. Red should be red and blue should be blue-the suggestion to take out the team colour distinction is even better again.

Shadowclaimer

08-29-2009

I find it annoying that my team's creeps are green on my map, it threw me for a loop for awhile figuring out who red and blue was. Finally figured that Purple Creeps are red team and Blue Creeps are blue team.

Klinkin

08-29-2009

I don't think the health bars can be made blue and red, since blue is mana. I think everyone should get a green health bar with a border of their team's color and red sections showing that you're getting hit.

HaCkMaN

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddian View Post
Agreed. Voice clips could be changed to "Your Team" and "Enemy Team", as colors mean relatively nothing.
Changing properly the messages and the colors (green always YOUR team and red always your ENEMY) that's exactly what i think, nothing more easy and logic. 1+

Achenar

08-30-2009

Sooo strongly this. I've had a couple of moments of being veeery confused. Especially when, for example, 'red team has destroyed a turret' sounds when on red team. Ideally this should occur to a player as 'my team has destroyed a turret' - but when on red team and battling against people who have red names etc. because they're enemies, things get a little confusing.