"lol ur supposed to do tribunal to improve game not make IP you greedy person xD"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerzSuchender View Post
Don't put words in my mouth, I never said OR suggested people would not partake in it for personal profit. The OP implied the tribunal was boring, which I do not agree with. I actually said I find it enjoyable AND that it will benefit me in the long run.

Second, the two arguments you spouted do not seem related to me in any way.

I do not find sense in what he said, that's all.
"I don't get the point of this post. Is it to say people only take place in the tribunal to get personal profit or to establish the possible IP reward from it?"

-You suggest that there are reasons OTHER than personal profit (which includes IP rewards)

-You then go on to say you partake in the tribunal because you find it enjoyable and believe it will benefit you in the long run.

So, you admit that personal profit is the only reason to take place in the tribunal?

If so, then you must concede that some people find the tribunal pleasurable, and others do not. Should Riot give no IP or other incentive for players who DO NOT find it pleasurable?

Kirethorn

05-28-2011

Well think of it, we don't actually make Riot's job much easier. I've punished dozens and pardoned none. I've done nothing to lessen their workload and they've put in the time to make and maintain it. I'm even getting rewarded with IP for not helping Riot.

Fenrir Slakt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

Look, man. Whether I expressed my opinion wrongly or you're horribly misinterpreting it, it is not a very smart attitude trying to argue over it.
I don't know nor care if you have some sort of compulsion with the pointless use of syllogisms. I wanted to express something, I did and now I'll get going and continue with my own matters.

Orshabal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
"I don't get the point of this post. Is it to say people only take place in the tribunal to get personal profit or to establish the possible IP reward from it?"

-You suggest that there are reasons OTHER than personal profit (which includes IP rewards)

-You then go on to say you partake in the tribunal because you find it enjoyable and believe it will benefit you in the long run.

So, you admit that personal profit is the only reason to take place in the tribunal?

If so, then you must concede that some people find the tribunal pleasurable, and others do not. Should Riot give no IP or other incentive for players who DO NOT find it pleasurable?
agree 100%

Crimson Arakune

05-28-2011

"9. Can I expect a reward for assisting the Tribunal?

Yes! If your recommendation matches the final verdict, you will receive a reward in the form of Influence Points (an indeterminate amount, but likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay) for your civil service. However, if you vote on a case, and the majority disagrees with your assessment, you’ll receive no rewards. The system is designed in this manner in order to create an incentive for Tribunal members to render thoughtful, intelligent decisions on each and every case that they evaluate."

This is the main part I find obnoxious. When I first heard about the Tribunal, I thought I would get no reward and I was still enthusiastic about trying it. I knew it may be time consuming, but I was up for doing maybe 1-2 cases a day. Then I read this, and assume I'm actually going to be rewarded for helping Riot's staff do their job a little faster. So I decide to step it up and try to do the maximum daily cases I can.

Along comes 5 IP. "...likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay." Once Riot decides to stop lying to our faces, I'll start doing their job for them a little more.

DJ Radix

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Tira View Post
The Tribunal is a farming tool.
qft

Bland

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post

No they should not.

I don't get people who are all about In-Game-Money farming. Games are supposed to be fun. If you enjoy them, you play them. At least that's what it used to be.

My hint for you: If you don't enjoy something, and you do it nevertheless to earn in-game money (that is not really necessary to have fun in the game) you are doing it wrong.

And why should Riot make it up for you, just because you don't like doing it (nobody forces you to). You wouldn't go and argue with a company of a game you're not playing that they should make it more enjoyable for you. Why not? Simply because you are not the target of their product.

tl;dr: If there's no incentive for you: don't do it.

Crimson Arakune

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bland View Post
No they should not.

I don't get people who are all about In-Game-Money farming. Games are supposed to be fun. If you enjoy them, you play them. At least that's what it used to be.

My hint for you: If you don't enjoy something, and you do it nevertheless to earn in-game money (that is not really necessary to have fun in the game) you are doing it wrong.

And why should Riot make it up for you, just because you don't like doing it (nobody forces you to). You wouldn't go and argue with a company of a game you're not playing that they should make it more enjoyable for you. Why not? Simply because you are not the target of their product.

tl;dr: If there's no incentive for you: don't do it.
Here's the problem; there is an incentive. Until you've done it and received the miniscule amount of IP you earned, you are given the impression that reviewing cases for the Tribunal will give you IP "comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay." That sounds like quite an incentive to me.

Bland

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Arakune View Post
Here's the problem; there is an incentive. Until you've done it and received the miniscule amount of IP you earned, you are given the impression that reviewing cases for the Tribunal will give you IP "comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay." That sounds like quite an incentive to me.
Ok, that's quite a different problem here: they're giving out misleading facts. And I do agree that they should fix that to saying something different... But he's claiming there should be an incentive for people who don't like to do it, when nobody is forcing him to. And that's just idiotic.

Edit: Ok, obviously they gave out IP... sry, I'm dumb.. it IS 5 IP per case.

Crimson Arakune

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bland View Post
Ok, that's quite a different problem here: they're giving out misleading facts. And I do agree that they should fix that to saying something different... But he's claiming there should be an incentive for people who don't like to do it, when nobody is forcing him to. And that's just idiotic.

Edit: Ok, obviously they gave out IP... sry, I'm dumb.. it IS 5 IP per case.
I'm sincerely hoping that we can get them either to raise the IP per case, rewrite the FAQ section about rewards, or just remove the IP altogether so people who only want to farm stop caring. As it is right now they are trying to get people to IP farm, who then become dissatisfied with their reward, and by extension are upsetting those who want to truly use the Tribunal because these people are sick of IP farmers.

They need to either reward us with something valuable or not reward us at all, at least then one of these two groups would be happy. I fully agree they don't need to give us anything, but 5 IP per case is honestly worse than nothing based on how the community is reacting.