Lane Partners for Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonclaw

03-21-2010

So many people who are willing to log in just to trash talk someone on an internet forum, so strange. o.O

Anyway, just a side note first - one of the reasons I do AD Eve, is because with just a little bit of lead time, you can jungle extremely well, and pop out to farm minion mobs in empty lanes very quickly. I just mention this, because half of my games with Eve have a "slow start" for her, I rarely die early on, but sometimes I find myself at like 0-0-3 and a bit cash starved, so I jungle for a few minutes to get some levels and gear before going back to work.

Anyway, Eve needs either a healer, or someone who can take loads of harassment, or at least someone with good range who is hard to harass. All ranged carries can be "okay". Most tanks are slightly better than okay, most mages are better than that, and support are mostly the best.

My favorites -

Alistar - He is so hard to harass, especially when they fear you are in the shadows, plus by spamming his heal, he can prepare a push that makes your initiation very imposing.

Rammus - He can take so much punishment, and your Stun gives him time to get off a Taunt, which gives you time to kill. It's beautiful.

Taric - Such a good healer, and the second Stun is priceless for Eve, especially early when you have no real burst.

Soraka - She can Heal you, AND give you mana? Sign me up! I wouldn't have guessed her to be a good partner for Eve, but it happened once, and was amazing.

Ryze - Yeah, he often gets the KBs, but you will kill so easily. It's not a good chance at a great game for you, it's a guarantee of a decent game for you, and it's worth taking.

Tristana - She MUST be highly aggressive. I only had this combo once as well, but she is one of the best harassers in the game, and when you Stun, and she Rocket Jumps on their head, it's game over.

Katarina - Nothing says I love you like a Stun+Ravage+Shunpo+BB combo instagib. <3 Katarina.

Jax - Similar to Kat, the ability to pin someone down for your partner to jump on and tear apart, is a good way to get Eve some kills.

Zilean - No really, if they're any good with Zil at all, it's just pure hilarity. This is one of the best combos to get a super fed/fat Eve.

Realistically, if you are doing what you need to do though, almost anyone can be a good partner for you. The keys are that they must be highly aggressive. If they want to hang back and last hit, like your Teemo friend, then they will starve you. That is one of the main causes of my early-mid jungle catchup, is just a crappy partner who doesn't understand how to get kills with Eve.

Best bet, if you usually solo queue, just find a buddy who knows the deal. If he works well with you as one char, he will probably work well with you as another, then just duo queue and enjoy.

Kriptini

03-21-2010

Thanks for the input everyone. After some more observations, I have ranked the following:

AWESOME PARTNERS FOR EVELYNN

#1: Zilean
There are so many combos with this guy, it's funny. He can just straight up TB enemy champs, or throw TB on you while you're stealthed so it goes off (after your Ravage, of course) and you finish with some Hate Spikes. He can also give you run speed, allowing you to tower dive BEFORE you get your ultimate!

#2: Blitzcrank
Blitz runs in and RGrabs someone. I start wailing on whoever he grabbed. The other two are too preoccupied with Blitz to notice me. Blitz goes down. My target goes down. Rinse and repeat. Blitz QQ's about me being a horrible partner. I laugh with my 19/1/1 score.

#3: Ezrael
Getting heals from a billion miles away is epic. Also, Ezraels love misjudging the damage needed for their ulti to take someone out, so I just take the kill after they fire it. Sometimes, though, his Arcane Shift will steal one of my kills. That's not cool.

Sure, Nidalee would be awesome... except when do you ever have a Nidalee that's not mid?

Mesa H

03-21-2010

I actually think Eve can go well with any champs, rather than what champs can go with Eve. And it's a big FAIL for any Eve who only think about killing already at lv 1, just last hit and farm up, only go for a kill if any of the enemy champs go under half health. laning is for the money and exp for Eve, not the kills, go ganking as early as lv 5 or 6, usually i go with teleport so that i can gank top or bot lane quicker, they won't even have time to call mia.

blackjackz

03-21-2010

could have many combination, but i think twitch and eve will be fun to see

after ppl get oracle, twitch on lane eve hide in bushes or off oracle range then gank.

you have 1 stun and 1 slow, 2 crazy dps. Not the best, but fun.

Kriptini

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa H View Post
And it's a big FAIL for any Eve who only think about killing already at lv 1, just last hit and farm up,
[INSERT ANY CHAMPION HERE] Has better farming/last hitting ability than Eve early game, so that doesn't work.

Eviant

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
:| your forgetting that both Alistar and Eve and melee, before a smart lane would know when eve is stealthed, and b4 alsitar could headbutt the stunned enemy, the other one would cut him apart
And? Any Eve who is running with Exhaust uses that on the second lane opponent, (As long as they are physical) And they are out of the running. if they are a mage, Pick your spot well. A good alister can easily flash in after your strike and separate the victim. you make your way back, and it's an easy kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
I think the best lane partner for eve would be someone who can hold a 1 v 2 lane by him/herself... because that's basically what it becomes, so maybe TF who has amazing utility with his PAC and wild cards, Karthus (however he's probably better off in mid) or someone who can keep the enemies in constant fear
And honestly, if all you are going to do is flame this thread for discussing Eve, then you shouldn't even bother. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who would like to play her.

Souchie

03-22-2010

I usually play heroes that farm well and when I play with a eve or another hero that doesn't farm well I help them by not killing everything.

It's not THAT hard really you can help your ally a lot and you in the long run especially with mid/end game heroes like eve.

BlackCat9001

03-22-2010

If Eve + Morgana is anywhere near as amazing as Shaco + Eve, go for it.

Doomhammer

03-22-2010

I find most games that have eve in it she lanes at the health fountain...

Prisom

03-22-2010

A good friend of mine LOVES eve and I have played with him on a number of different chars and the best (by far) has been Taric. I play Taric as a healer and I am able to keep him alive through all of his tower-diving efforts so that he can get those last kills and like to get his mejais up to 20 stacks but most teams forfeit before then. With our chain stuns and i add in the little support dps I can as Taric we just rape.

Early on He can go behind enemy creep waves and harass with our double stun and I can top him off so that he can keep up the harassment. Most of the time the people we lane against just end up sitting at their towers because otherwise they'll end up getting jacked once their summoner spells are on cooldown.

Also, my Eve always takes BoM and rushes mejais so that he can start stacking it asap. Even when we have slow starts, once we get to mid/mid late game I am able to spam heals non-stop and keep our team up during the 5v5s as well as throw out stuns to turn straglers into free kills.

So, I wont tell you every char that is good to lane with but the general idea is that you want someone with a reliable stun/strong snare and the reason for that is that Eve does huge burst but she doesnt have any snares or stuns beyond the 1-2 sec opener. Your partner should compliment you with a strong snare (ashe frost arrow) or short cooldown stun (Taric/sion) as well as provide some utility. Here is a list of good options:

Ashe - uber permasnare and can finish well with ult for people packing cleanse/flash
Blitzcrank - short cooldown stun+grip for pwns. Grip into bush+stun+eve=kill
Taric - awesome stun, short cooldown and heals to support prolonged ganking and recover from tower-diving
Rhyze - great support burst and a short cooldown root/pacify. Great for wtfbbqgibbing. Not really an optimal partner but the burst is sorta /lol.