Lane Partners for Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kriptini

03-21-2010

My early game with Evelynn is... sad. I know that Evelynn's early game is horrible in general (that's the trade-off for being WTFPWN mid and late game), but I feel that if I don't have an EXACTLY CORRECT lane partner, I will LOLFAIL the rest of the game. So for Eve players that follow the guide on leaguecraft (A.K.A. Lich, BoM, Mejai's, Zhonya's), who do you lane with? My thoughts were:

Zilean: Time Bomb gives you good harassment, he can also place it on you, you go stealth, walk right up to the enemy champs, let it go off, and rinse and repeat. Even if the team buys Oracles or Wards, your stealth has a STUN component, so you can still get it off.

Gragas: Awesome harassment with his super-cool skillshot. I've only ever laned with him once, but it was full of win.

Ezrael: Like Gragas, but plays more defensively than offensively. I like Gragas better, personally.

Teemo: Harassment with poison darts. Basic, but most Teemos get bored of harassing and just farm instead, which makes me useless.

Ashe: This usually doesn't happen because most Ashes like mid, but the range on Volley is excellent and harasses really well. Only downside is Ashe has really bad mana problems when using Volley for harassment.

Cho'Gath: Never laned with him, but in theory, he would be okay. Rapture from a distance and chain stuns and damage.

Ryze: Again, never laned with him, but I imagine he would be an AWESOME lane partner for his Snare and damage from Spell Flux. Only problem here is that you wouldn't get a single kill, which Eve needs to be viable later.

Blitzcrank: Rocket Grab is nice, but Eve doesn't have the damage early-game to help Blitz score a kill with it.

Any thoughts? I can't lane with a Zilean or Gragas every time, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

xahhfink6

03-21-2010

Well... I was coming to tell you how great zilean+eve is... but then I saw you talking about gragas and couldnt stop laughing about how fail that is. That must be the worst lane I've ever heard of.

Blitz would be good, as would someone that deals high damage and would go for a kill such as pantheon or jax...

but just... No gragas, ever

PatMcGroyne

03-21-2010

Blitzcrank would work really well with eve... Blitz pulls them into your tower and knocks them up and then you stun them so your tower keeps hitting them... Blitz+anyone=win

Isik

03-21-2010

I think a Alistar would work pretty well. You stun, he headbutts, he stuns, and you're hitting the enemy the whole time.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isik View Post
I think a Alistar would work pretty well. You stun, he headbutts, he stuns, and you're hitting the enemy the whole time.
:| your forgetting that both Alistar and Eve and melee, before a smart lane would know when eve is stealthed, and b4 alsitar could headbutt the stunned enemy, the other one would cut him apart

I think the best lane partner for eve would be someone who can hold a 1 v 2 lane by him/herself... because that's basically what it becomes, so maybe TF who has amazing utility with his PAC and wild cards, Karthus (however he's probably better off in mid) or someone who can keep the enemies in constant fear

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

I've done Morgana/Eve before. It's not superomgyourdead awesome, but it works out pretty well, especially if Morg gets a few Bindings off on the same target. Binding + Stun + Soil is a surprising amount of early damage.

Plus, she can shield you if things get sticky, helping to keep your squishy butt alive.

Further, if you get a little lucky at the start of the game with a gank or two (even if it fails, so long as neither of you die), you might scare them off enough that Morg'll be fine farming while harassing, and you can go over and give the enemy mid a little 'present'.

Only thing about Morg is her spells drain her dry pretty fast, so make sure she's got at least 1/3 of her mana before attempting anything serious - Binding and Soil are expensive!

Then again, the number of times you're going to have a Morg on your team...

Acetaminophen

Business Analyst

03-21-2010

Annie + Eve works really well. Whoever Eve tags will go down before they can do anything and the other person will probably run off.

Veraticus

03-21-2010

Mord would work well. Mord can keep the lane pushed and Eve can leave to gank, or just gank in her lane, if they aren't careful.

Lynxion

03-21-2010

Pick a new champion.

xxxduelxxx

03-21-2010

nidalee + eve is the best

Nid can heal very well at low lvl, can trap wards and destroy them, and nid can do some amazing damage once shes lvl 6, and she can solo a lane if eve decides to go gank the other lanes.