Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tryndamere needs... something

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salteris

03-21-2010

OH jeebus I'm sorry I forgot a / in that line.

"Please stop the QQ/nerf threads"

I did read the thread. It is all about the QQ he's underpowered. Oh Riot, please listen to the plight of your skill-less players and make Trynd better to compensate.

I play Trynd and believe me when I'm critting for 1k with a 2.0+ attack speed with more money than God, the first thing I do is come to this forum and cry he needs a buff. But please don't get me wrong, he's easlily counterable so do not start saying I want to nerf him. Did you read my post? I'm saying he's fine exactly the way he is. Doesn't need your buff, doesn't need a nerf.

Acioty

03-21-2010

I don't like stacking Avarice blades find it ineffective. i get zeal, berserker boots, 2 cloaks of agility, and getting BF sword, i find it more effective. working towards phantom dancer and infinity sword, but that is how i play him.

wariord

03-21-2010

Quote:
Salteris:
OH jeebus I'm sorry I forgot a / in that line.

"Please stop the QQ/nerf threads"

I did read the thread. It is all about the QQ he's underpowered. Oh Riot, please listen to the plight of your skill-less players and make Trynd better to compensate.

I play Trynd and believe me when I'm critting for 1k with a 2.0+ attack speed with more money than God, the first thing I do is come to this forum and cry he needs a buff. But please don't get me wrong, he's easlily counterable so do not start saying I want to nerf him. Did you read my post? I'm saying he's fine exactly the way he is. Doesn't need your buff, doesn't need a nerf.

Grats, any decent tryn whos stacked to **** can destroy extreme late game. his problems are early/mid game, and late game if you were shut down early/mid game.

wariord

03-21-2010

Quote:
Acioty:
I don't like stacking Avarice blades find it ineffective. i get zeal, berserker boots, 2 cloaks of agility, and getting BF sword, i find it more effective. working towards phantom dancer and infinity sword, but that is how i play him.

my build is avarice, avarice, zerk boots, IE, phantom, last whisper, bloodthirster. I get thirster before whisper if they dont have stacked armor. 75% of games end before I get to bloodthirster.

Jeeves2287

03-21-2010

When i build him i go avarice, zerkers, avarice, malady, infinity edge, and ive never gotten past the infinity edge

Salteris

03-21-2010

see? Now this is constructive. Discussing builds as a way of progressing the Char design rather than complaining about it. My build in avarice, reg boots, avarice, avarice, tabi, infinity, life steal belt, phantom, banner... it ends b4 I finish typically. I stack attack speed, crit damage, and dodge runes. with a 21/9/0 build. It works. Constantly. No buffs req. Oh and don't get past 1st pt in slash at 1st lvl until everything else is capped. Try it.

Acioty

03-21-2010

1 point in whirlwind?

i probably have kind of a odd rune build myself, marks and seals are all crit damage, while my glyphs are ap per level

Ternce

03-21-2010

Tryndamere is one of my most played guys. The character is very cool, has a cool skin, good original character model, high escapability and excellent survivability (for six seconds at least). He also has somewhat of a Ryze factor towards mid/late game that if he's jumped, he can always ult and kill at least one person.

My only real complaints with Trynd is that there are too many counters to him. There's no "Oh ****, there's a Tryndamere in the game" factor like with so many other characters. In order to be a successful carry, there needs to be that "Oh ****, I'm going to have to do something differently" when you see them on an opposing player's screen.

Right now when I see enemy Tryndameres, it's almost like a guarantee of free gold. Most Tryndameres start with ridiculous items that do not build into anything good or benefit the character in any way. He is a tricky champ to play and takes time within a match to get good. He typically doesn't "turn on" until he's gotten his Infinity Edge, at which point he will mercilessly slaughter everyone without an exhaust or a Rammus nearby.

His hardest counters at the moment are Jax, Teemo, Rammus, and Exhaust. These are the many hardships to being a melee champion, but he definitely needs -something- to take him out of mid to low tier drudgery.

I find myself complaining loudly to myself that cleanse is not off CD frequently enough. If you see more than 2 opposing players running exhaust, you are not going to have a fun game, especially if one of them is one of the 3 champions listed above. The barbarian king should have some kind of blind resistance in there somewhere, just like how Yi's ult makes him immune to slow. Trynd should have blind fighting. Or his ult should remove debuffs.

I'd think if I were too pissed off to die, I'd be too pissed to be silenced/stunned/blinded/tired.

At the moment, sure the character is fine. He dominates in low level games and even mid level games. But as is, the character takes a lot of practice and farming for little payoff if opponents are running a lot of CC. I think the point of the original post here was that you will never see Tryndamere in the same category as Twisted Fate, Alistar, or Fiddlesticks in the condition he's in.

Also, for positive input on my Tryndamering.

74 W 75 L
1100/800/900
(rough figures, reinstalling game atm. Check my username out, same as forum name)

Quints: Armor Pen
Reds: Armor Pen
Yellows: Dodge
Blues: Magic Resist (scaling)
21/9/0

Avarice Blade, Avarice Blade, Boots, Berserker's Greaves, BF Sword, Cloak of Agility, Combine to Infinity Edge, Zeal, Executioner's Calling, Upgrade Zeal to Phantom Dancer, Sell Avarice Blade, Last Whisper, Sell Avarice Blade, Frozen Mallet.

Prior to nerf, would squeeze in Sword of the Occult before BF sword, have tried replacing with Brutalizer with mixed results.

Skills
Level 1: Spinning Slash
Level 2: Bloodlust
Level 3: Mocking Shout
Level 4: Bloodlust 2
Level 5: Bloodlust 3
Level 6: Undying Rage
Level 7: Bloodlust 4
Level 8: Mocking Shout 2
Level 9: Bloodlust 5
Level 10: Mocking Shout 3
Level 11: Undying Rage 2
Level 12: Mocking Shout 4
Level 13: Mocking Shout 5
Level 14: Spinning Slash 2
Level 15: Spinning Slash 3
Level 16: Undying Rage 3
Level 17: Spinning Slash 4
Level 18: Spinning Slash 5

The important thing with Spinning Slash is just that you have it. 90% of the time you use it for it's mobility, not because it does damage. The other 10% of the time, you're spinning through someone who's running away or you're killing creep waves.

I like to max out Bloodlust first because it actually heals for a lot during laning phases after level 3.

Oh, also, on Summoner Spells.

I like Cleanse and Ghost.

Cleanse is like mandatory for this dude, just because of all the exhausts and you want to make sure to get your ult off. Ghost is a multi-purpose all around useful spell for chasing, tower diving, and escaping.

Edited to add screen of me being Tryndamiraculous:

Lagoon7

03-21-2010

Quote:
Ternce:
His hardest counters at the moment are Jax, Teemo, Rammus, and Exhaust. These are the many hardships to being a melee champion, but he definitely needs -something- to take him out of mid to low tier drudgery.

Add Cho'Gath to that list, once your in feast range its an instakill unless you ult, and what kind of trynd ults at 800hp?

Not to mention he can just silence you THEN feast you.

Ternce

03-21-2010

Quote:
Lagoon7:
Add Cho'Gath to that list, once your in feast range its an instakill unless you ult, and what kind of trynd ults at 800hp?

Not to mention he can just silence you THEN feast you.

Cho'Gath is awesome and eats everyone. I thought this went without saying.

In all honesty though, have not seen a whole lot of Cho's since his ult was changed. Even when I was running into Cho'Gaths, I was generally beefy enough by level 11 that I didn't have to worry about being nommed to death.