Ryzes building damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiZasteR

08-30-2009

Hello.

I've been playing with ryze a while now and ive noticed that his building damage gets insane at late game.
The cause is his skill that transforms his damage into magical damage and adds 50%(at level 5) of AP to it. In the endgame with a reasonable amount of AP and maxed out skill you deal 300+ damage to towers and other buildings easily. I think thats pretty rediculous compared to what other characters are capable off. Ryze can already deal lots of damage to heroes but also giving him insane damage vs buildings seems unnecesary

what do you think?

Hedgehog

08-30-2009

The last time I played Ryze I was hitting buildings for 700 damage :/

EDIT: It makes Alistars natural passive seem a bit worthless, infact come to think of it I dont even notice Alistars passive making anywhere near the impact everyone elses passive has.

Hootorama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-30-2009

I've seen this as well. And was also hitting them for upwards of 700 dmg a ****, even tho only 200-300 was showing above the tower. I think I literally 10 shot one of the inhibitor towers, not to mention the inhibitor itself, all by myself.

Working as intended?

DiZasteR

08-30-2009

yes it is working as intended because with the skill you get magical damage instead of physical: towers dont have that much magical armor as normal armor it seems

anyway reasons you hit 700 is probablybecause i went for low AP/mana/hp build rather than AP spam but yeah 700 is really plausible

Antpile

08-30-2009

Ryze is a magical carry. His end game building damage does not seem unreasonable to me as a decently stacked tristana or master yi can still kill a building just as fast.

Ryze just ends up hitting the for a ton but usually attacking very slowly while the carries hit decently and swing like crazy.

JayceJa

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
EDIT: It makes Alistars natural passive seem a bit worthless, infact come to think of it I dont even notice Alistars passive making anywhere near the impact everyone elses passive has.
teemo would be more than willing to swap passives with alister...

as for ryze, he is a glass cannon, he is made to do LOTS of damage, but he is very fragile, i feel perhaps he shouldn't be able to do quite that much damage to towers but i think the only change should be making towers not effected by that ability

Nerdrage

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
teemo would be more than willing to swap passives with alister...
Teemos passive is fine. Teemo's helps his teammates, Allistars helps no one, now.

Yeah, Ryze is fine. In a game against people who know ryzes little tricks, then he becomes really easy to keep from farming, and he can't farm creeps as well as about every other carry, so he pales to most dps carries against a team who can keep him from getting fed.

DiZasteR

08-31-2009

very fragile... not really. I can easily maintain 0 deaths and 20+ kills with ryze a game because ill be going solo and then getting some hp. In the end ill end up with more health/hp than most of the other players and ill also be able to kill them with 1 prison overload combo. SEems pretty strong to me considering my ryze has 3100+ hp by then

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZasteR View Post
very fragile... not really. I can easily maintain 0 deaths and 20+ kills with ryze a game because ill be going solo and then getting some hp. In the end ill end up with more health/hp than most of the other players and ill also be able to kill them with 1 prison overload combo. SEems pretty strong to me considering my ryze has 3100+ hp by then
case and point, ryze's ult is total BULL****. bouncing off of allies is BULL****. the amount of damage he can do to a single target is bull****. in a team fight he can do absurd damage to a single target, his team can finish them off, and then he can do it again to another target without hesitation. if he uses his ult in that fight, forget about it.

Lollerman

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZasteR View Post
Something's wrong with your opponents if they can't take down a solo Ryze.

Edit: oh but being able to do so much damage to buildings is rather silly... 700 damage? I don't see how it's "as intended" if it's 700 damage.