[Champion Suggestion] Xuw, The Gatekeeper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wakim

03-21-2010

Lore: Xuw is one of the oldest beings alive, his figure is now just a black wraith. He carries no weapons, his mind alone is enough to cause his enemies to cower in fear. For his entire life he has been the prison keeper of the most vile criminals to ever live. Inmates so terrible that the prison was locked away in its own realm. The duties have long since been passed off and now he is offering his services to The League.

XHealth403 (+86 / per level)
XMana250 (+75 / per level)
XMove Speed300
XArmor15 (+3.8 / per level)
XSpell Block30 (+0 / per level)
XCritical Strike1.9 (+0.3 / per level)
XHealth Regen0.94 (+0.12 / per level)
XMana Regen0.86 (+0.1 / per level)

Xuw, The Gatekeeper

Passive: Chaotic Feedback - Xuw expels mana as damage when he is struck, additionally when Xuw is brought below 30% health he begins leaking mana causing his mana to burn down to 0 dealing 1 damage per 3 mana. Roughly 10% mana per second.

Q:Mana Siphon - Xuw flays the enemy's mind. Mana siphon deals 90/130/170/215/260 (+0.6) magic damage. If mana siphon is used on a champion it will steal 30/45/60/75 mana.

Cooldown
3.5 seconds
Cost
60/75/90/105/120 Mana
Range

W:Lockdown- Xuw infects the target's nervous system for 6 seconds. If the target attacks or casts while lockdown is active they become stunned for 2 seconds and their attack speed is reduced by 20/25/30/35/40 for 10 seconds. If a target dies while under this effect it is transferred to a nearby enemy. This effect can transfer 1/2/3/4/5 times.
Cooldown
16 seconds
Cost
60/75/90/105/120 Mana
Range

E:Nether Storm
After a brief delay, the target area surges with energy. Enemies in the area have their magic resistance reduced by 20/25/30/35/40 and are dealt 20/34/48/62/76 (+0.35) magic damage each second.

Cooldown
12 seconds
Cost
70/85/100/115/130 Mana
Range

R:Translocate-Xuw creates a portal at a target location on the map. Friendly units that pass through the portal are transported to Xuw's position. The portal remains open for 10 seconds, or until 1/2/3 champions pass through, and for each champion that comes through the portal Xuw gains 15/25/35 ability power for 30 seconds.
Cooldown
90 seconds
Cost
200 Mana

Umibozu

03-21-2010

Quote:
Passive: Chaotic Feedback - Xuw expels mana as damage when he is struck, additionally when Xuw is brought below 30% health he begins leaking mana causing his mana to burn down to 0 dealing 1 damage per 3 mana. Roughly 10% mana per second.
I'm a bit confused at exactly what this passive does. So, when he is below 30% health, all his mana is drained and he receives the damage?

Also, expelling mana as damage when struck is an interesting concept, but it depends on the numbers, because this could cause him to run out of mana very fast when focused, or if hes attacked by minions.

Quote:
Q:Mana Siphon - Xuw flays the enemy's mind. Mana siphon deals 90/130/170/215/260 (+0.6) magic damage. If mana siphon is used on a champion it will steal 30/45/60/75 mana.

Cooldown
3.5 seconds
Cost
60/75/90/105/120 Mana
Range
This is a good ability, it works well with his passive, but there are three things I think should change: he should steal more mana, the mana cost should be reduced, and the range should be slightly increased (to 600-650).

By the way, this is less of an anti-caster ability and more of a bane to low-mana champions because losing mana affects them more.

Quote:
W:Lockdown- Xuw infects the target's nervous system for 6 seconds. If the target attacks or casts while lockdown is active they become stunned for 2 seconds and their attack speed is reduced by 20/25/30/35/40 for 10 seconds. If a target dies while under this effect it is transferred to a nearby enemy. This effect can transfer 1/2/3/4/5 times.
Cooldown
16 seconds
Cost
60/75/90/105/120 Mana
Range
I really like this ability, very interesting. I could see this being devastating against Ezreal. However, there isn't much incentive to level it, maybe you should change the stun length to 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2

However, burning an enemies mana usually causes them to use their abilities, but with Lockdown you want them to use their abilities.

Quote:
E:Nether Storm
After a brief delay, the target area surges with energy. Enemies in the area have their magic resistance reduced by 20/25/30/35/40 and are dealt 20/34/48/62/76 (+0.35) magic damage each second.

Cooldown
12 seconds
Cost
70/85/100/115/130 Mana
Range
All around good ability, but how long does it last? And the damage or magic reduction might need nerfing. Also, whatever the duration of this ability is should be added to its cooldown.

Quote:
R:Translocate-Xuw creates a portal at a target location on the map. Friendly units that pass through the portal are transported to Xuw's position. The portal remains open for 10 seconds, or until 1/2/3 champions pass through, and for each champion that comes through the portal Xuw gains 15/25/35 ability power for 30 seconds.
Cooldown
90 seconds
Cost
200 Mana
I love this ability, its great team utility. What happens if Xuw goes through the portal?

I would love playing this champion simply for this ability. If I see an ally getting ganked, boom portal. I think you should change the amount of champions that can pass through to 2/3/4, even if it would be hilarious to see 4 of your allies running from the enemy team, all rushing to be the first ones in the portal.

I'm assuming this makes friendly units come out of it too. You could use minions to gank and defend towers!

Also, the cooldown should be raised to like 160/150/140 seconds. This is a very good ability.

----------------------------------------

I would love playing this champion

Btb, check out my champion suggestion, Otto the Voodoo Doctor.

COWP0WER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

Pre-note: This was written before any replies, just took so long to write others got to reply first.

WARNING! Wall of text!
@Wakim: It's a lot of text, but I think I adress some very important issues about Xuw, and I therefor think it would be wise of you to read it all through.
I don't mean to be rude or very negative although I might seem to be very negativ towards his abilities, but I just find it a lot harder to adress that, which works vs that which doesn't.
So please I'm not trying to flame Xuw as I think he has very great potential, I'm just trying to adress the issues since everybody tend to love their own creations and therefor always make them OP. (I haven't seen any execptions yet. I myself is one of the worst sinners but working on it ) And the best way to get your creations down to a proper level is by having somebody else looking them through.

To be honest I don't get the passiv. He doesn't seem to me as a melee and so the passiv actually hurts him more then it helps him.
Does it work like thornmail (or defensive ball curl (rammus)) and sunfire when he gets below 30% health?
Does the thornmail effect costs mana too?
This essentially kills your mana if you get below 30% health in lanning face, and if you play against a range champ it wont even help you!
Please tell me if I got it wrong.

Q: Mana Siphon
Seems like a very powerfull (read OP) harras skill (since it essentially only costs 30 mana O.O if you hit a champion). It is single target auto hit right? It deals pretty decent damage for nearly no cost and removes quite a bit of mana from your opponent. It's propperly the best harrasing skill ever.
Compared to Pantheons spearthrow which is also a low CD cheap harras skill, it does around the same amount of damge (my own estimation) it has a lower CD, it has a lower cost (if used on an enemy champion). It has a far longer range, giving you a much better zone control. And you will properly get a lot more mana, and mana regen then pantheon. And it takes away the enemies mana to. Essentially giving you a non-stop spammable nuke, which will give you complete lanecontrol.
Needs a rework IMO.

W:Lockdown.
I love this, but there's 2 issues IMO.
It shouldn't transfer. Especially if this refreshes the effect!
As it is right now, there's nearly no reason to lvl it beyond lvl 2, maybe 3. Given it can't transfer, there's no reason at all to lvl it (besides the minor AS debuff).
Instead of the transfer each time you level it up it should make the lockdown (the periode where the target can't attack) last longer (3/4/5/6/7 sec).
Or maybe the CD should also lower as you level up the skill.
The duration of the stun might possibly also varie.
Also consider if it props on all attacks and cast or just on damage dealing ones, what about channeling effects. If it interrupt channeling effects and is triggered on all casts it's A LOT better then if it's only when dealing damage.
I should also ad I think this is a GREAT ability, I really like the fact that you cast it and the enemy has to trigger it!
It should have a clear visible mark telling the user he's under the effect like Warwick's blood scent.
Using this on an unaware opponent is auto 2 sec stun (fx in team fights), which is why it shouldn't be transfered (carrie dps stunend for 2 sec = focus = dead = transfer new stunned for 2 sec)
It gives some room for freefarming since the target would most likely wont to wait the duration out.
The biggest problem with this abillity is, it's a very strong counter harras since it has a range of 600 without being a skill shot (and being instant?). So if you see and opponent moving towards you to harras you, you cast this abillity on him and harras him instead. If he do harras you he end up stunned for 2 sec, which alove you to deal a lot more damage to him, then him to you. This could be avoided either by reducing the range and/or making it a none-instant effect (like null sphere unavoidable, but it takes time before the silence hits you, also aloving morg and sivir counter.)

E: Nether Storm
I guess itlast 5 sec?
Essentially Nasus Spirit Fire
Since it's essentially the same it should be compared to Spirit Fire. Neter Storm has a ap ratio of. 35, spirit fire (and Morgana Tormentet soil) has a .20 ap ratio, how do you justify that? IMO you don't you reduce it to .20.
Espescially because it has a synergy it itself by reducing MR and dealing magic damage. It has the same base stats as Spirit Fire just removing MR instead of armor and those should have the same ap ratio (espescially since it synergy with it self and you are more likely to stack AP then Nasus IMO).
Not anyhting else to say really asite from it gives you a much better farming and pushing abillity.
Maybe it's too much like Spirit Fire?

R: Translocate
NICE! I simply love his ulti!
BUT:

Quote:
Friendly units that pass through the portal are transported to Xuw's position. The portal remains open for 10 seconds, or until 1/2/3 champions pass through
According to the abillity minions will pass through the portal to. I'm not sure this should be aloved since it leaves for some even more awfull BD then this already does.
Imagine dropping a ward, teleporting to it and ulti. Meaning 1 teleport can get up to 4 champion to the enemy base in a matter of seconds. This is very nasty! If you push down as much as one inhib, you can as a team backdoor their nexus turrets and nexus next time they push! And as it is right now you can even have wave of creeps with you!
An interesting rework would be that enemies (not neutrals) could also use it. This would alove you to save turrets by moving the minions to your possition (but this is PROP OP).
Altough it would also hamper this abillity as an escape tool if you where not safly positioned yourself.
So is it only champions who can pass through?
Btw the reason for leaving out neutrals under all surcumstances is to not teleport barron to fountain at level 6.
It has to great BD potential and escape-potential IMO for it to be instant. It has to be delayed effect. 3 secs delay (possibly 4/3/2 secs delay) would be apropiate IMO, those you can't instantly teleport your friends away from harm or into the enemy base.
I'm really not sure wether enemies should be able to go through the portal, and wether minions should.

In short:
I simply don't understand the passive (and if I understand it, it seems more like a debuff).
Q is OP
W - I LOVE IT, but it needs a little rework.
E is too similar to Spirit Fire IMO and got to high AP-ratio
R - Very nice. Definently a very fun ability, and the one I love the most, but it needs a tiny rework, and some specifiactions. (Does it telports champions and minions, or only champions?)

Nocturna

03-21-2010

If you don't get the Passive, allow me to clarify it for you.

This means he is leaking Mana as a Auto-AOE around him, is what I think he is trying to say. When ever you hit him, you and any one nearby are struck for Magic Dmg. When he lowers to 30% Health, this becomes a full-fledged Auto-AOE much like what Karthus has for killing people.

Over all, I think that is what the Guy mean't with the passive.

COWP0WER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

If you are right about the passiv, which seems right, I think it might very well hurt him more then he would benefit from it. It seems like a passiv that screams tank. There are passives which doesn't synergy very well with what seems to be the best build. But this seems to hurt him more then it helps him. So unless you are building Xuw as a mage/tank with tons of mana (Singed (never played him)) this passiv hardly seems to do any good, maybe it hurts him more then it helps. It might just make him uncable of stunning his attacker (w) or calling for help (r).
But I would really love to be enlightened, what was your (OP) thoughts when designing his passiv?

Wakim

03-21-2010

Sorry I didn't make the passive very clear at all. Yes I meant aoe damage, not as big as karthus lay waste.

Wakim

03-21-2010

Umibozu, I was thinking of a way for the mana steal to work off of your ability power instead of just a flat amount. If it is raised higher than what its at now it could be a little bit too powerful early game against the non mana champions.

I also reduced the range on that spell and decreased the cooldown to balance it out.

Lockdown is his only survivability move, early on you would only need the 1 point. Later though you'd want higher ranks for the team battles. It could potentially have damage associated with it as well. I think this character needs to lose some dps capability though to have such a powerful ultimate.

Netherstorm is the magic penetrating version of nasus's spirit fire.

The ultimate would require some fine tuning, I think allowing the entire team through might be a little bit overpowered. I was also considering making the gate destroyable. Possibly allowing enemies to come through?