Question re: Attack & Move Speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herne

03-21-2010

So in a game yesterday where I approached a tower, buffed by both Hunter's Call AND Nunu's Blood Boil, and started wrecking it.

I was pulling what I believe was 1.98 attacks per second. Warwick was shrugging his shoulders - his hands weren't even lifting up before the next swing animation went into effect. I had on a Malady, besides.

Is there a point where attack speed caps? How about move speed? Does anyone know of the combination of items/abilities that are 'inefficient' because they meet the game's ceiling?

The Promise

03-21-2010

I have no idea about movement speed, but I know that Attack Speed caps at 2.5 attacks per second.

Herne

03-21-2010

And I guess the amount of +AS required to cap that is determined by the champion.

Yana

03-21-2010

I can't pull up the precise figures right now, but I can tell you that movespeed has a "soft" cap. The more you get, the less efficient each additional point is. There are several cutoffs at which this decrease in efficiency happens.

Ninja Cyborg

03-21-2010

AS caps at 2.5

Move speed isn't capped, but the benefit from items is halved after 475 (I'm almost certain that's the value) move speed.

Original Ganker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-21-2010

i believe that the first cap is 420 then another one at 490