Karthus.. riot, are you forreal?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

not only can good karthus's absolutely and totally shut down the opposing champ mid with lay waste, but the bad ones can get at the VERY MINIMUM 5 kills by simply pressing the "r" button. i would be laughing if it wasn't so ****ing frustrating.

as soon as i get 6.3k im buying him and milking his brokeness for all its worth until riot comes to their senses

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Have fun when you realize he isn't quite so easy as he seems. If you want a broken champion for 6300, Twitch sounds more like your style.

MrKillSpree

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiKaze View Post
Have fun when you realize he isn't quite so easy as he seems. If you want a broken champion for 6300, Twitch sounds more like your style.

Quoted for truth my friend.

FeLpZ

03-20-2010

already bought twitch, and if you think he's broken you need ya head checked. hes actually one of the few non-broken melee based carries.

and i dont see how spamming lay waste and pressing r whenever an enemy gets below %20 health isnt as easy as it seems..

MrKillSpree

03-20-2010

Um, Twitch is the crossbow using rat, he isn't melee.

JayceJa

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKillSpree View Post
Um, Twitch is the crossbow using rat, he isn't melee.
he used melee in the way to mean physicall fighting, not short ranged, both are perfectly reasonable uses of the word, his was just less common in this sort of game

baalzy

03-20-2010

If Karthus is shutting your mid person down, then they suck. Lay waste has delay after being cast before it explodes, don't stand still and stay away from your own creeps. A pair of boots make a great counter for this, you now have enough move speed to get out of range of the blasts before they explode. Now they either have to try and time it just right and predict your movements to hit you, burning their mana, or they start using it to kill minions which mean they aren't hitting you. Leaving you more free to harass them or perform your own farming.

Karthus does become very annoying if their whole team is particularly nasty just because his ult can pretty much gaurentee a kill for anyone below 20%. A big part of that problem is the blind pick system, if you had a way of counter picking then your team could take a Soraka to invalidate his ult.

Arai Kitsune

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
already bought twitch, and if you think he's broken you need ya head checked. hes actually one of the few non-broken melee based carries.

and i dont see how spamming lay waste and pressing r whenever an enemy gets below %20 health isnt as easy as it seems..
It's quite simple, really. It's that Karthus requires you to where and when to use his various skills. Lay waste is a mana waster if you don't predict properly, especially against good/fast opponents. Wall of Pain requires careful placement to actually be effective, but can have a profound effect on teamfights and can be used as a chasing or escaping tool. His Defile, you have to know when to use it, when to get in close, when to stay away and use lay waste. And his ultimate, although effective for KSing enemies, is only effective if they're loew in the first place, which requires your team, as well as yourself, to play well.

As i said before, you seem more like a Twitch sort of person. The fact that you think Twitch is one of the mre balanced DPS champions says to me that your level of skill is likely lacking, or at least, your perception of what s skillfull and what is not when relating to yourself.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
he used melee in the way to mean physicall fighting, not short ranged, both are perfectly reasonable uses of the word, his was just less common in this sort of game
In LoL at least, melee refers to attack range, and physical refers to the type of damage they deal most of the time. So Twitch is a ranged phys, while Karthus is a ranged magic.

Back to the original topic...

Karthus is kinda wonky to play. Not only do you have to worry about running out of mana all the time (spammability of Lay Waste), but you also have to watch the hp of the entire enemy team, while still harassing (still worried about mana) AND watch for an opportunity to Wall>Defile>Kill the enemy(s) in your lane w/o being cut to pieces by any phys dps lurking around. Which is why he costs 6300 IP.

Kriptini

03-20-2010

Buy Boots of Speed -> Never get hit by Lay Waste again.

12345 ... 7