Should Anivia's Crystalize be changed to allow allies to pass through?

Yes 11 61.11%
No 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Anivia's Crystallize should be changed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Alright, as most of you know, Anivia's crystallize, or ice wall as many call it, is the only skill in the game that can adversely affect your allies. This is kind of interesting, seeing as Riot has taken a stance of not allowing abilities to potentially cause greiefing, in other words, preventing allies from harming eachother in some way, whethe ron purpose or by accident.

Let's take a look at other skills that could just as easily grief allies, were they similar in functionality.

1: Blitzcrank's Rocketgrab: It's not secret that this skill is based off of Pudge's Meathook from DotA. But one massive difference in functionality, is that it does not affect allied minions or champions. It's been suggested many times, and has in fact been mentioned once again on this forum, and the Riot staff response generally seems to shift towards not allowing it to affect allies. I ask, why do this for Blitz, but not for Anivia?

2: Janna's Monsoon: A useful ultimate, it pushes enemie sback and heals your allies and yourself. In the past, it was suggested that it be improve din some way, and pulling allies towards yourself was one concept that was mentioned, keeping the enemies away,a nd your allies close to fully utilize it's restorative effects. This, like the Rocketgrab suggestion, was shot down. But why should Anivia be the only one who can adversely affect her teammates?

There are many other skills one could look at, I'm sure, Gragas's ultimate, for example. Why is it that Anivia players have to bear this burden of potentially screwing over their allies, or even themselves? I say, if Riot is so intent on preventing griefing, change Anivia's Crystallize to allow herself and allies to pass through. This will not suddenly cause her to become overpowered. But it will make playing her a little less risky, and give more incentive to use it often. As it is now, an Anivia player that uses Crystallize often is likely putting her team in danger often by doing so.

So what say you, should it be changed?

JayceJa

03-20-2010

i personally dont mind either way, but you do make a good point in regards to riots stance on possible griefing moves, headbutt being another example

MrKillSpree

03-20-2010

I agree, it should be changed.

Zurui Kitsune

03-21-2010

It would be kind of nice to see this changed.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

It's good to see that thus far, more think it should be changed than not, but those who vote, could you post as well, if only to stop this from being drowned out by champion suggestions and QQ threads?