New Races for champions please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashenfang

03-20-2010

I'd like to see some new 'races' for some new champions. On the Wiki, there is a really cool Plant champion that from what I understand, hasn't seen action (or may have during beta)

Also, perhaps an insect or reptilian champion, get some variety in that way, would be cool IMO.

My two pennies.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

That'd be nice. It'd also be nice for Riot to not group every small champion ever as a yordle. I mean, let's be honest here, Teemo and Veigar came first, they're both animal-ish and slightly psychotic.

Then there's the Meglings, Tristana and Poppy. At some point, Riot decided to change the name of their species, but they look nothing alike and are clearly more of a warrior race.

And the last, don't know their name, but Corki and Heimer sem to be the same species to me, while also not looking at all like Teemo and Veigar. More of a machine oriented group.

Amumu was originally a mummy child I think, then they changed him into a yordle. I mean,f or stature, makes sense, but keep in mind, his personality and skills seem childlike as well. Tantrum is a prime example.

Kriptini

03-20-2010

NASUS IS ANUBIS

/thread

Zeta

03-20-2010

I agree. Out of the 10 new Champions released since launch, only Poppy is not a human.

Udyr - Human
Nidalee - Human
Shen - Human
Kennen - Human
Ezreal - Human
Gragas - Human
Mordekaiser - Unknown, but possibly human.
Pantheon - Human

Quote:
That'd be nice. It'd also be nice for Riot to not group every small champion ever as a yordle. I mean, let's be honest here, Teemo and Veigar came first, they're both animal-ish and slightly psychotic.

Then there's the Meglings, Tristana and Poppy. At some point, Riot decided to change the name of their species, but they look nothing alike and are clearly more of a warrior race.

And the last, don't know their name, but Corki and Heimer sem to be the same species to me, while also not looking at all like Teemo and Veigar. More of a machine oriented group.
Corki, Poppy, Tristana, and Heimer were all originally Meglings. They're basically gnomes from Azeroth, but the females have blue skin.

sOtWiSteD

03-20-2010

gragas is human?
and pantheon is a spartan. two different races imo.

PhantomChaos

03-21-2010

Gragas is technically human, although if we're following Tolkien's universe, he's basically a really fat dwarf.

Also, BLASPHEMY!! PANTHEON IS A PROUD STANPAR, NOT A CHEAP KNOCK-OFF SPARTAN!!

His /taunt says it all.

Aircross

03-21-2010

Spartans were Greeks from the city state of Sparta, so Pantheon is human.

Gragas is a giant fat dwarf.

Dessim8

03-21-2010

I think Gargas is a mutated human if his lore is to be believed.

It's strange how yordels come in rodent, squirrel and spongebob. I mean they may taxonomically have similar origins if a magical world has room for evolution and 'Yordel' may be a general term, sort of like ape is for hominoidea.