Help with Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fangeaux

03-24-2010

How do you ignore SS? you should at least get by level 2 and last hitting creeps as often as you can with it. By late game I have on average about 80-100 bonus damage with from just last hitting creeps, and that my friend is a good chunk of damage for a low CD ability. Seriously if you wanna be good with Nasus just practice last hitting with SS and you'll be good.

Ad Astra per Asp

03-24-2010

Read this:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...t=27679&page=3

It has a link to this:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=19589

Which is hands down the best Nasus build I ever tried.

TheBubba

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
DPS Nasus is not really the ideal way to build him. Tank build with DPS elements is better, since your damage is better if you survive longer.

My guide is here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=62154

Check it out for a solid build and a pretty detailed gameplay section.

One thing you definitely should change regardless of whether you choose DPS or tank. Max Spirit Fire before SS. It gives you huge farming capabilities that will make you much stronger at the end of the game.
eh i agree with the pure dps not being as good as dps tank but the maxing spirit fire instead of SS im going to have to disagree with yeah its a way better farm but to be quite frank its really hard to keep up with its mana cost as it goes up with lvl and due to his relatively low ability to get bonus mana/mana regen form masteries and his prexsisting sivir page id really for go spirit fire unless the game calls for it, the only time imo it becomes truely nessisary to pump spirit is when you are in a bad lane where you abosolutly have to farm from farther back (aka two ranged enemys who are very aggresive) in which case its a gog send because it is as you said a ridiculously good farming ability but other than that i find it more efective to get siphoning strike lvled as fast as possible and while yes you stil get the same amount of damage at all ranks the damage and the CD get better as you lvl and esp with the better cooldown you can easily get SS to, bonus damage, alone give you 150% of your base damage by lvl 6-8 depending on how well you are doing at lvl 7 you have about 70-80 damage and its quite easy to get SS up to 110 to 120 by this time which between that and its regular added damage(bout 70 at rank 4 i believe) plus your 80 attack damage and (if you build the way i do) your sheen you can hit for roughly 350 maybe a bit lower maybe higher which can really change the way people see your champ he was saying he wanted to run in and have people fear him people stay the hell back when i pop avatar of death(ult, i never liked the name change) and wade in to the middle of their team and do half the health of their twitch/ashe in a single SS now granted im not saying you will do this well every game and it may very well be nesecary to forgo SS altoghether if you cant get in range to last hit with it but for the sake of acctuclly giving you something to use i go RUNES: marks all armor pen for a total of 18 for seals i go flat health for glyphs i go flat health(working on cdr or mana regen) and for quints i go one of flat health and teh other two it depends on my mood normally i go flat health but som times i have two of flat mana) my masteries i go some where like 0/19/11 for def i go 3 in armor and MR than 4 in dodge with one in nibleness than three in harden skin than 4 in veterans scars and one in wilpower than in utilitys i use 3 in perserverance(6% regens) one in good hands than 4 in the 5% mana pool thing than 3 in meditate i use flash cleanse and for items i start with dorans blade than i go boots and as much of sheen as i can than next b i go for complete sheen and as much of warmogs as i can complete if i feel the need i may forgo warmogs components for lvl 2 boots dodge merc treads w/e suits the game the best next b its warmogs if i can if not whatever i can afford for it after that it depends on the game if they all have a lot of health its madreds bloodrazors if they are more mage its a veil or a wits end and ill continue like that for the rest of the game for abilitys i pump SS with the rest in wither unless i really need SF for the farm early game i normally focus on farming the **** out of SS cause it makes your damage great plus it gets you gold jsut remember not to get to intent on farming SS cause part of your job is to tank and protect people and wither is great early game for saving team mates because it slows attack speed and move so even if its a ranged like tris who can still hit them even if shes far away she wil take a fair hit to her ability to auto attack which can allow a team mate that last second to get far enough away

Nivkk

03-25-2010

Wall of text that no one would bother to read. Is that long text just one sentence?

Xoidanor

03-25-2010

Personally I've tried and failed with spirit fire builds. It forces you to get manaregen early and will hinder you in your quest to last hit mobs with SS more than it helps.

Here's my build and it's been working pretty well, as long as you're not stupid enough to initiate in team fights. SS being the killingstrike versus minions is vital. If you don't have at least 50+ at the 15 minute mark you're doing it wrong. Also never even consider farming for SS without sheen as it's 50% of the time not going to hit for enough.

Sapphire + 2 health pots
Sheen (+ boots of movement if you have the money, otherwise it can wait)
Mercury's Treads (or ninja tabi if opponents ONLY has physical carries, otherwise never)
Soul Shroud
Leviathan

This has worked great for me combined with defensive masteries, will work pretty darn well offensively if you farm SS properly and you will be all but squishy. Items after Leviathan depends on how the match is moving but is generally up to personal taste. I go either B.F or Aegis but that's just me.

roninsm

03-25-2010

@Walloftext post: The mana cost of SF should not be an issue. Get mana regen runes if you can, and if not start meki -> chalice. Problem solved. The other alternative is to get a friend who likes soraka to play with you. Infinite heals + infinite mana = never leave lane.

The reason I don't level SS over SF is that getting it up faster does not really make it any easier to last hit with it. I can farm it up just fine with only one or two levels of it, and by lvl 18 I'm routinely hitting for 400+ damage.

Kelin

03-25-2010

Nasus is a delicate hero, versatile and fun to play. He is a bit confusing and feels not so powerful when you start playing him, but the more you play him, the more you fall in love with him.

You just need to know a few rules of thumb:

Do not overestimate siphoning strike. Last hitting gives 2 damage / minion kill, 100 minion kills (which is a lot) provides + 200 damage on each spell cast and there are no modifiers for it. (I.e. it cannot crit/attack speed doesn't apply etc etc). Just farm it up as good as you can along the way, but don't focus on it. If you are good in last hitting, getting some siphoning should be no problem.

Spirit fire minion farming is your bread and butter. You need some items to get damage/be tankish but you can farm it fast.

Mana regen runes / lvl 18 are strong. Get them on blue and yellow, on lvl 5 and onwards you will get 130 mana (for spirit fire) before new creep waves come in. You don't need to waste gold on chalice (you should if you don't have mana reg runes yet) and go straight for the items you need.

Always start with doran shield + hp pot. Boots should be mercury 90% of the time, other 10 % goes to ninja.

Now you get aegis/sheen/starks. These are the 3 core items of nasus, and I prefer rushing starks + getting sheen and after that some health and/or guardian.

pop ult and start hitting like a truck, knock down towers and win your team the game.