Help with Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iceholder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Alright, so I have been trying Nasus because of his inclusion with the Week 17 free champions, and I would like to try him out in more than a couple of practice games. Before I go using my points to unlock him, though, I'm trying to figure out a good set up for him.

Last practice I did, I had these items on him:
Chalice (planned to replace with Archangel's, but the enemy Nexus popped)
Stark's Fervor
Bloodthirster
Malady
Frozen Mallet
Frozen Heart

Now, before anyone says anything: YES, I know this build looks noobish. The only item I want to keep is the Bloodthirster, maybe the Mallet. (In it's defense, I solo'd the Baron down to around 1/5 of his health before I had to book it unless I wanted to die.)

For his skills, I mainly went for Siphoning Strike early on, so I had more time to raise it's bonus attack damage. Spirit Fire and Wither would probably switch importance, depending on the enemy team. Fury of the Sands is a no-brainer, since that's his biggest advantage in a fight. Looking at other guides on here, I would probably go something like:

1: Siphoning Strike
2: Spirit Fire
3: Siphoning Strike
4: Wither
5: Spirit Fire
6: Fury of the Sands
7: Spirit Fire
8: Siphoning Strike
9: Wither
10: Wither
11: Fury of the Sands
12: Wither
13: Siphoning Strike
14: Siphoning Strike
15: Wither
16: Fury of the Sands
17: Spirit Fire
18: Spirit Fire

For Summoner Spells, from what I can tell, Cleanse and Teleport is the way to go.

I'm only level 16, so I don't really have that much in the way of Mastery points or Rune slots, but I would like suggestions based on a level 30 Summoner. Currently I have Runes set up for using Sivir, so I have mostly dodge and attack speed Runes.

Basically, what I want to do with Nasus is run in and scare the hell out of the enemy, possibly getting a kill/assist or three in the process, as well as making short work of the tower.

Any advice on Nasus would be greatly appreciated. I know there are guides out there, but they mostly seem to have been written towards the end of last year. Since then, LoL has had a few patches to it, so I'm unsure how effective those builds would be.

Original Ganker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-20-2010

i use doran's shield +hp pot to start then sheen and aegis of the legions after you can just get defensive items and finish your triforce depending on the game and the other team line-up
as for skills start with q,e,w,e,w,r then r>e>w>q the idea is that you keep Siphoning Strike low on mana cost to last hit with E is just amazing for its AoE damage and armor reduction and w is your slow to catch the runners. you can solo dragon at level 6 with your ult so try and do that every game. for masteries use i got 0/9/21 for the dodge chance and increased move speed after dodge and utility for mana regen and CDR. feel free to add me if you have any other questions

roninsm

03-20-2010

DPS Nasus is not really the ideal way to build him. Tank build with DPS elements is better, since your damage is better if you survive longer.

My guide is here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=62154

Check it out for a solid build and a pretty detailed gameplay section.

One thing you definitely should change regardless of whether you choose DPS or tank. Max Spirit Fire before SS. It gives you huge farming capabilities that will make you much stronger at the end of the game.

DayInTheSun

03-20-2010

Bloodthirster isn't really necessary for Nasus, maybe you should get something that gives you more survivability like Aegis, Sunfire Cape, etc.

Also I'd take Spirit Fire over SS at level 1. That way you have some creep clearing capabilities early on and also helps harass the other team a bit. The amount of time it takes you to get to level 2 isn't that big if you're playing with a competent lane mate and SS just doesn't do enough damage early on.

RHINO Mk II

03-20-2010

Link to my wall of text since I don't feel like typing it out again. https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=77604

Hyfe

03-21-2010

Nasus has not been affected by any of the recent patches, so he's stayed pretty much the same.

roninism's guide is solid.

An effective Nasus is more of a tank build in order to garner him maximum survivability while in his ult form during team battles. TriForce is your best friend as a DPS item.

Iceholder

03-21-2010

@Everyone: Wow, thanks for the tips
I guess SF would make more sense to take first.
Especially thanks for the TriForce recommendation.

@RHINO: What would you suggest for masteries?

So, so far, what I'm getting out of this in the way of must-have items is:

Sheen->TriForce
Mercury's Treads (Ninja Tabi if the enemy team has little to no CC)

and then the rest is pretty much up to the situation. Based on personal preference, I'd probably also go with a Frozen Heart most all the time, since it increases enemy CD by 20% AND reduces your own by 25%, as well as gives you a nice 99 armor, and the 500 mana helps to spam more abilities.

Kajitii

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceholder View Post
Based on personal preference, I'd probably also go with a Frozen Heart most all the time, since it increases enemy CD by 20% AND reduces your own by 25%, as well as gives you a nice 99 armor, and the 500 mana helps to spam more abilities.
Increasing enemy CD? No such thing. It reduces enemy attack speeds by 20%, not increase enemy CDs. It's ideal against people with high attack speeds.

Iceholder

03-22-2010

Huh... could have sworn it said CD... well, that'll teach me to pay more attention to descriptions.

Militiades

Friend of Urf

03-22-2010

Just hyped my personal favorite build for Nasus in another thread, but here it is in this one anyway. I view Nasus as a tank, due to his amazing ult, his naturally good hp, his good initiating slow, and his armor reducing spirit fire. To make him into a godlike tank I go for a heart of gold stack. Thats right, I know he can lane just fine with SF, but when you add a few HoG's to the mix you get unseemly amounts of gold. So here is the rundown.

Summoner Spells: Ghost (ghost+ult is amazing, no one can run from godmode nasus now), tele (for one stop shopping)

Skills:
1. Spirit Fire (level it fast so you can farm like a fiend and lower armor nicely)
2. Wither (this slow is soooooooo good)
3. Spirit Fire
4. Siphoning Strike (honestly you could ignore it totally, but it does give a moderate dmg boost)
5. Spirit Fire

You get the idea, Max spirit fire, then wither, then SS, putting mandatory points into the ult when it comes up. Now for the items.

1. Armor + 2 health pots + 2 mana pots
2. Heart of Gold
3. Heart of Gold
4. Heart of Gold + boots of your choice (ninja/mercs)
5. Sunfire Cape or Banshees veil (depends on the other team)
6. Sunfire Cape
7. Sell HoG and make another sunfire
8. Sell HoG and make another sunfire (or thornmail for heavy phys dps teams or an atmas you can spice it up at this point)

That last slot could be taken by any miscellaneous tank item really, very game dependent, usually you will never get to this point though.

The idea is just to be huge. When you are decked out in gear you will have around 4.5k hp, and enough armor to reduce phys dmg by 72%+. Your dmg during your ult is crazy thanks to sunfire and well placed spirit fires. Ghost and slows means no one can escape you. You can tank whole teams without worry cause they will run from your ult and if they dont they will die to it.

I advise you to think of Nasus in this mode, as a tank. Cause his dps really isnt very good, hi AP ratios suck, and if you go lifesteal your survivability becomes ****, especially with a few stuns on the other team. But tank Nasus in god mode with ghost and a ton of sunfire is one scary mother****er.