GpK tournament.... LOL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kruxx

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Slippy View Post
The whole problem is that AoN showed up late and missed the rules, that were stated globally to all the teams on vent.

Also, the tournament organizer was nice enough to rework the bracket to include the late team.

But even after breaking the rule, regi decides to castigate the tournament admin instead of discussing the matter in a civilized manner which provokes the rash decision to disqualify their team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
Ah right, I COMPLETELY forgot about that.

Team AoN didn't show up until 25 minutes past the registration and I believe they forfeited their first game. Which would explain why they didn't hear the rule change.

Which is THEIR fault.
Show up on time. Don't be tardy. Be punctual.

So many seem to believe that tardiness is no big deal. Well, here's a very visible example of the trickle-down effect that it can have.

1) You're late.
2) You miss the rules.
3) You get DQ'd.
4) You look like ignorant, raging children on the forums.

Be punctual, kids.

JunkRamen

03-22-2010

All three sides are guilty of something here.

AoN:
-Andy shouldn't have blown up on the admin
-Messiah probably should have tried to reason at least a little bit with people before making it public
-Should just take the rematch

L0CUST:
-Should not have taken the win. Everyone's supposedly here to make the competitive community grow, taking a win for a small prize by technicality is not helping at all.
-Should not have taunted Andy right before going to the admin.

Tournament admins:
-Arckus should not have nerd raged in this thread, it definitely added fuel to the fire
-Should have either DQ'd AoN from the beginning for being late or have the rules made clear to them and written down when they are made
-Should not make an auto-DQ rule in a game that involves such a buggy client and people having lag issues

People post in here as if one side is lying and the other is right. They're not all completely contradicting each other. If you look at it from AoN's POV, L0CUST said in chat "LOL GG ITS OVER" and then left without another word. From their standpoint you could only assume the worst from there, which is probably why Andy blew up.

The reason there was so much hate towards the tourny admins was because of Arckus' first posts in here. People think they made a mistake. He comes in and basically says "**** you I'm doing the community a favor by hosting these tournaments you have no right to yell at me." Clearly that response wouldn't help the situation at all. Yes, hosting a legimate tournament is hard. That's more the reason to let them know when they've made a mistake.

Kruxx

03-22-2010

People saying that L0CUST took an easy way out or that the TO unfairly DQ'd, have obviously never competed at higher levels.

When someone breaks the rules, intentionally or not, they get DQ'd. This is for continuity. Exceptions can't be made. Usually, the offending party will bow out gracefully and interpret their mistakes later and learn from it.

In this case, the offending party chose to immediately rage at the TO and then, instead of learning from their mistake the next day, decided to further rage at the TO.

The party in question here certainly seems to have enough experience with top-tier play, so they really have no excuse for behaving this way.

There is something to be said for maturity, as well as punctuality.

TSP Cinnabar

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruxx View Post
Usually, the offending party will bow out gracefully and interpret their mistakes later and learn from it.
You're asking too much. This game's competitive community is mostly immature kids with something to prove to the world; at least that's the appearance they give on the boards and these little soap opera dramas.

JunkRamen

03-22-2010

Quote:
People saying that L0CUST took an easy way out or that the TO unfairly DQ'd, have obviously never competed at higher levels.

When someone breaks the rules, intentionally or not, they get DQ'd. This is for continuity. Exceptions can't be made. Usually, the offending party will bow out gracefully and interpret their mistakes later and learn from it.

In this case, the offending party chose to immediately rage at the TO and then, instead of learning from their mistake the next day, decided to further rage at the TO.

The party in question here certainly seems to have enough experience with top-tier play, so they really have no excuse for behaving this way.

There is something to be said for maturity, as well as punctuality.
Well then I guess it's okay for tournament hosts to auto-DQ anybody who DC's during start-up given LoL's terribly buggy client. Gotta roll the dice before you enter the race.

Didn't help that the one of the admins came in here saying "this was all just for fun, stop yelling at me I'm doing you a favor" even though the tournament ended on a technicality.

When this game actually builds an established competitive community, then people can be cutthroat all they want. For now, you need to get more people interested in the game. Having the finals end by giving an obviously losing team the victory based on an extremely minor transgression is not helping. I don't represent the entire community, but I sure wouldn't want to waste my time entering a tournament like that.

Kodoku

03-22-2010

Quote:
When someone breaks the rules, intentionally or not, they get DQ'd
What? So when someone dribbles in basketball their team gets disqualified? wtf are you talking about?

Kruxx

03-22-2010

Do not make the mistake of entering emotion into facts. The offending party was DQ'd for breaking the rules. That's all that needs to be considered.

There are an infinite number of other scenarios that could have taken place, but in each one, the offending party would always be DQ'd because that's the only way to keep it fair for everyone.

The surrounding "drama" is inconsequential.

Linden Ryuujin

03-22-2010

This whole post is pretty sickening. I feel very sorry for GpK, I was in the first tourney and I saw how much effort it took on the day running things . Clearly things have stepped up since then with more rules to keep thing competitive.

It is obvious that when a team breaks the rules (intentional or not, bad rule or not) they will be disqualified. If it was a bad rule that taking it gracefully and talking about what happened would like have mean the rule would have been changed for the next tournament. As GpK takes place every 2 weeks it's not like this was the last chance ever for the disqualified team to win. They could have come back in two weeks and proved their superiority then.
To be honest in most tournaments the kind of behaviour displaying in this thread would be cause for a ban in and of itself.

Kodoku

03-22-2010

Quote:
Do not make the mistake of entering emotion into facts. The offending party was DQ'd for breaking the rules. That's all that needs to be considered.
Quote:
It is obvious that when a team breaks the rules (intentional or not, bad rule or not) they will be disqualified.
I don't get it. In what world are you living in where disqualification is the only response to infractions?

RabbitsDontDie

03-22-2010

First id like to point out that if l0cust didnt want to play in a tournament dont ruin it for everyone else. Talking to him on vent he seems like a little emo dweeb. Second the guy who ran this tournament clearly was not in charge, and was possibly from texas or schitzo. Third team AoN would have crushed them, and this was just a stupid way to end a game long ass 8 hour tournament. I feel like there was no point to the whole 8 hour mess because a whole team was DQ'd for...no reason? I honestly think if L0CUst had just FF'd from the start team mobile virgins would have faced AoN 2x, and there would have been better matches.

Also i would like to comment that the maturity of the team AoN is very high, so dont knock them for that. You play a game for over 8 hours straight, then try and not get a little pissed at an incest child host. Like come to think of it now, he had to have been autistic. If he had any balls he would have just said Rematch or forfiet. Anyways back to the fair play of A0n, they actually gave one of our subs (team mobile virgins) a chance to change his runebook...so i find it ironic that they would get ******d out like this when alls they wanted was a final game. They offered to 4v5 them and lose rather than get DQd. They just wanted a game and i find it funny how the host of the tourney was set on not having a final game. what a ****ing texan seriously. More nascar please.