GpK tournament.... LOL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level99RaidBoss

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagus View Post
did someone get a screenshot of the 17 min game?

I think it might need to go into zileas' provide me "bad" matchmaking game records
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oool

Dlittlejohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

I did it! I finished 59 pages!!! WOOT!

Tansen

03-22-2010

Ok so in summary :

Prior to tournament start the posted rules have an addendum, which is any player DCing during a match is grounds for FF. This is stated verbally to all captains prior to the first match.

They then proceed to play 9+ hours worth of matches and we get to the finals.

One team in the finals has a player DC at the beginning of their second match. The opposing team calls foul and the admin DQs the team at fault.

Team that got DQd comes to the forums to whine about a loss they didn't feel was fair.

60 pages later the community has one less viable tourney because 1 team is mad that they broke the rules of the tourney and got DQd. This after the admin went out of his way to TRY and give them a chance to rematch after a long discussion in vent. DQd team has a person in a huff who says "just give them the win". This after they showed up late to the tourney and were STILL given the opportunity to play in the first place.

I call BS to all the people ranting at the tourney admins and sponsors and think you all need to have your heads checked.

The admin and tourney people HAVE to follow the rules that are put forth or what is the point of making any rules. Had the team who called foul been willing to rematch and the admin still DQd the other team that is one thing but if the team with a valid gripe presses the issue, then the rule HAS to be upheld.

This all came down to someone having a chance to rub someone elses face in the mud on a technicality and that person not liking the taste of the mud.

Judging by the attitude that is prevalent in every public statement I've seen on the forums from the mudeater, a little mud was warranted hopefully served with a little humble pie.

ForumJP

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansen View Post
Ok so in summary :

Prior to tournament start the posted rules have an addendum, which is any player DCing during a match is grounds for FF. This is stated verbally to all captains prior to the first match.

They then proceed to play 9+ hours worth of matches and we get to the finals.

One team in the finals has a player DC at the beginning of their second match. The opposing team calls foul and the admin DQs the team at fault.

Team that got DQd comes to the forums to whine about a loss they didn't feel was fair.

60 pages later the community has one less viable tourney because 1 team is mad that they broke the rules of the tourney and got DQd. This after the admin went out of his way to TRY and give them a chance to rematch after a long discussion in vent. DQd team has a person in a huff who says "just give them the win". This after they showed up late to the tourney and were STILL given the opportunity to play in the first place.

I call BS to all the people ranting at the tourney admins and sponsors and think you all need to have your heads checked.

The admin and tourney people HAVE to follow the rules that are put forth or what is the point of making any rules. Had the team who called foul been willing to rematch and the admin still DQd the other team that is one thing but if the team with a valid gripe presses the issue, then the rule HAS to be upheld.

This all came down to someone having a chance to rub someone elses face in the mud on a technicality and that person not liking the taste of the mud.

Judging by the attitude that is prevalent in every public statement I've seen on the forums from the mudeater, a little mud was warranted hopefully served with a little humble pie.

this is basically what i thought after going through most of the posts as well.

RoShamPoe

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemoIsHeart View Post
He's right though, liez's arm is so far up Reginalds behind he could wave at you through his mouth. Just look at the thread advertising their league. Reginald is power raging at every single person in that thread, including people trying to be respectful and helpful by even offering their own time to improve his league.

Unless there is a vent recording left over from the tournament where Reginald was being completely reasonable I 100% call bs on anything Reginald or liez say (lol at liez hanging offa Reginalds gigantic e-nads without even being there).

Rules are rules are rules, they arrived late and they even went out of their way to accommodate them for their tardiness, what do they do? Make a giant rant on the forums about how terrible they are as people. Their one and only mistake was not announcing the rules again, that far from makes them invalid though and the right decision was made.

It totally would've been fair to L0cust if nothing happened, right? Idiots. The game was compromised and it would've been unfair to have a rematch due to the actions of one team. That gives that one team more power than they should have.

Before anyone even approaches me on this, if anything I am enemies with L0cust and most high ELO players for that matter, I'm abrasive much like Reginald and thus don't get along with most other competitive people, unlike Reginald I know when to shut my mouth though. Flaming the admins of the tournament got you your loss, take it like a man.

After watching the match, reading the forums, and talking with people, here are my thoughts on the matter:

Why was AoN even let in the tournament in the first place? If they were indeed late, THAT seems to be a rules violation in and of itself. So it sounds like that's where the first "rule" was broken.

Having been let in, they should have been verbally informed of all rule changes regardless of their tardiness. So that shovels some blame in the direction of the organizer. Also, to be quite honest, no verbal rules changes should have existed. If the organizers couldn't get the ruleset down properly in print, well, then in my mind, those rules don't exist.

Beyond all that, it's incredibly weak to take a "victory" based on a technicality. The idea that the match was sullied is laughable at best, incredibly telling of this game's competitive potential at worst. As much as Reginald comes off as a moron on the forums and through second hand stories, you at least should know what you're getting into when playing with him.

The tournament becomes invalid due to behavior like this, and scars LoL in general on the competitive level. (which is not where I think it should be)

I believe, based on what I've seen at solimid in a brief interim there, that AoN would probably do anything they could to win the match. That site seems to pride itself on using exploits and the like to be competitive. But with a client that is often buggy, this situation seems to fall in their favor.

Locust claims that there was 45 mins of discussion, but I ask myself why? It seems AoN would have beaten them 3 times over in the time it took this situation to be sorted out.

You CANNOT sell this win by default no matter how hard you try. It's a safe bet that's why Locust is "leaving." (he'll pop up with a different name for sure)

It sounds to me like for LoL to be anywhere near a competitive gaming environment, the "pros" of the community need to do some serious self examination in regards to how they act towards other people. That statement is to ALL parties involved.

Chokolateh

03-22-2010

Can anyone explain to me what this council stuff is?

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

03-22-2010

im with messiah on this. F*ck L0cust

Kodoku

03-22-2010

Quote:

I don't recall disqualification being part of the rule, nor the even/odd method of determining the team's fate. An infraction occurred - that's easy enough to conclude. It's the way the infraction was handled that's unacceptable.

Three factors:
1) Game had not started
2) It was the finals
3) The infraction offered no significant advantage to the responsible player or team

For those reasons, disqualification should be the last thing being considered. I can understand being surprised at the level of drama over an unofficial tournament, but I do not understand those who are acting as if the infraction was handled in a remotely sensible fashion.

Arthas Menethil

03-22-2010

I feel that it was a clash of egos and "I don't like your attitude".

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

I now dedicate this thread to the MFing Cho'Gath!

Nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom...