Realizations of a Tribunal User

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawnSpencer

05-27-2011

Today as I was doing Tribunal, I noticed one case that made me think a little more than usual. The guy being reported for verbal harassment. Not particularly saying anything terrible, he was calling his team bad and telling them what to do. As I went to hit the punish button, I had a revelation. This behavior is perfectly common for ME! I was shocked to realize the very attitude and activity I was about to punish I had often done myself! I felt terrible and made a vow never to treat my teammates poorly again.

TLDR: Tribunal has made me a better person.

Anyone else have a similar revelation?

Jester5093

05-27-2011

Wait, you punished him for trying to lead his team and pointing out where they did poorly? Without raging or cursing or using racial slurs?

Yeah, I think I just did have a revelation.

pyr0nus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

@jester
"Not particularly saying anything terrible, he was calling his team bad and telling them what to do."
When I read it reminds me of the:
"anivia go bot" [looks like minions will take it, but it's either at low health and not worth saving or just plain fine for a while]
"ugh, why did you clear mid" [ally was en route, but wouldn't make it in time to prevent a large amount to tower damage]
"why did you teleport top?? so bad" [turned a close 2v2 into two kills no deaths]
"i told you to go b, you noob" [saving our other carry so they didn't get his killing spree gold, killing one of them in the process, and crippling the team's mana]
guys
"and telling them what to do." did not in any way imply constructive criticism, and is something that detracts from my gameplay whether or not cursing, raging, or racial slurs are involved.

Jpeg

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnSpencer View Post
Today as I was doing Tribunal, I noticed one case that made me think a little more than usual. The guy being reported for verbal harassment. Not particularly saying anything terrible, he was calling his team bad and telling them what to do. As I went to hit the punish button, I had a revelation. This behavior is perfectly common for ME! I was shocked to realize the very attitude and activity I was about to punish I had often done myself! I felt terrible and made a vow never to treat my teammates poorly again.

TLDR: Tribunal has made me a better person.

was this case 131?

PwnTek

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0nus View Post
@jester
"Not particularly saying anything terrible, he was calling his team bad and telling them what to do."
When I read it reminds me of the:
"anivia go bot" [looks like minions will take it, but it's either at low health and not worth saving or just plain fine for a while]
"ugh, why did you clear mid" [ally was en route, but wouldn't make it in time to prevent a large amount to tower damage]
"why did you teleport top?? so bad" [turned a close 2v2 into two kills no deaths]
"i told you to go b, you noob" [saving our other carry so they didn't get his killing spree gold, killing one of them in the process, and crippling the team's mana]
guys
"and telling them what to do." did not in any way imply constructive criticism, and is something that detracts from my gameplay whether or not cursing, raging, or racial slurs are involved.
tl;dr

PwnTek

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnSpencer View Post

Absolutely.
It's good to be on the outside looking in - it's helped me cut down on my raging by 10% =]

simplygnome

05-27-2011

I realized most people here cant tell the difference between trash slinging and harassment.

I realized we have thin skinned, easily angered people playing this game.

I also realized if someone puts TLDR for 6 lines of txt, theres no way theyre going to correctly judge 10 games worth of chat for a Tribunal.

Jester5093

05-27-2011

@pyr0

Still don't see anything in there bannable Revelation stands.

pyr0nus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

neither do i, just things that are punishable. Tribunal is not necessarily ban/stay. Anyone that consistently attempts to tell others how to play without any reasoning (the newbie needs to know why they should do something, not what to do) isn't helping at all, they're just trying to play two people at the same time because they think (correctly or not) that they have better knowledge of the game than the other player. They should also be spending less time typing that unhelpful text and more time last-hitting.
That person should receive a warning that such behavior detracts from the enjoyment of others and is not acceptable. Only if they continue to do so after a warning, with little effort to modify the behavior, should they be banned (arguably temporarily, with a permaban as the third strike).